Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blade's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    hey guys so recently i been watching Free! Iwatobi Swim Club and shingeki no kyojin/attack on titan and i just watched all there episodes and i hate having to wait every week so is there and anime like any of those?

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Free and Shingeki are like complete opposites. One is for male fanservice, the other a Shōnen-like fantasy. Can you be a little more specific?

Marcus's Avatar Christie Mack FanBoy<3LOL

Thanks
    Lol, just finshed watching sword art online. would reccomend it to everyone lol ;D

^YES^

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Lol, just finshed watching sword art online. would reccomend it to everyone lol ;D
    Its okay until episode 14 o.-

Thanks
    umm well im looking for one more like shingeki no kyojin and i already watched sword art online

Banned

Thanks
    pottemayo

Thanks
    i'll try it out

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    It's hard finding something like SnK to be honest.

It rips the boundaries of what modern anime has become and basically makes that stand that "We can still make a show that isn't fanservice, mary-sue protag, moe-shit or harem-shit and make it popular." (I apologize in advance to those who like harem or moe anime, just the best descriptions that came to mind).

While the anime isn't perfect (what manga/anime IS?), it still has its refining values to keep it a good series in check. The protagonist isn't the overpowered mary-sue. Treats all genders equally (Mikasa and Annie prime examples). NOT ONE CHARACTER IS PERFECT; what I mean by this is the fact people die no matter how skilled they are. Won't spoil the manga so I'll just leave it at that.

Who knows though, maybe I'm just a suck who enjoys a human survival anime that, for once, doesn't involve god damn zombies or aliens (inb4titans are aliens hurr durr).

Anyways, back OT; there really isn't anything that you can call "close" to SnK by what it is. Only thing you can really find is a similar genre and go from there.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    It's hard finding something like SnK to be honest.

It rips the boundaries of what modern anime has become and basically makes that stand that "We can still make a show that isn't fanservice, mary-sue protag, moe-shit or harem-shit and make it popular." (I apologize in advance to those who like harem or moe anime, just the best descriptions that came to mind).

While the anime isn't perfect (what manga/anime IS?), it still has its refining values to keep it a good series in check. The protagonist isn't the overpowered mary-sue. Treats all genders equally (Mikasa and Annie prime examples). NOT ONE CHARACTER IS PERFECT; what I mean by this is the fact people die no matter how skilled they are. Won't spoil the manga so I'll just leave it at that.

Who knows though, maybe I'm just a suck who enjoys a human survival anime that, for once, doesn't involve god damn zombies or aliens (inb4titans are aliens hurr durr).

Anyways, back OT; there really isn't anything that you can call "close" to SnK by what it is. Only thing you can really find is a similar genre and go from there.
    I think fanservice used as a addon is perfectly fine (Code Geass for example). It only causes problems when it gets in the way of the plot.

Gr3yscale's Avatar Vanta Von Vicious

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    hey guys so recently i been watching Free! Iwatobi Swim Club and shingeki no kyojin/attack on titan and i just watched all there episodes and i hate having to wait every week so is there and anime like any of those?
    I don't even know these anime and am probably gonna stay ignorant lol but anyhow, Black Lagoon is the shit and I recommend it.

Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    I think fanservice used as a addon is perfectly fine (Code Geass for example). It only causes problems when it gets in the way of the plot.
    Yeah like in Highschool Of The Dead with the whole Saiko thing. -_-
    Just an example.
    Last edited by Gr3yscale; 07-28-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information