Thanks
    did you try turning it on and off again

Amzz's Avatar 7 ~ 15

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Roy Jeremy View Post
    did you try turning it on and off again
    Genius.
    Try formating your pc/laptop if you know how and if you have the right disc. If you have important files or something try putting them on a usb anything else that needs to be reinstalled write it down on a piece of paper and re install it after this MIGHTfix your problem.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Disable Windows Firewall and what ever anti-virus you are using then try...
    If it works then there's your answer; your anti-virus/firewall is closing Gunz.

I had to allow exception from my Norton for Gunz to run as I get SONAR detected and it closes Gunz down.

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Disable Windows Firewall and what ever anti-virus you are using then try...
    If it works then there's your answer; your anti-virus/firewall is closing Gunz.

I had to allow exception from my Norton for Gunz to run as I get SONAR detected and it closes Gunz down.
    Dude, thanks for the suggestion but forreal try reading some of the other suggestions posted cause i've tried that a million times, anyway thanks.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

Country
    Thanks
    Does anyone have a suggestion that HASN'T been suggested yet?
    This shit is frustrating as ****.

BTW Dave if you read this, were you able to make anything out of the launcherlog you wanted to see? :|
    Again4FM

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mardilz View Post
    Does anyone have a suggestion that HASN'T been suggested yet?
    This shit is frustrating as ****.

BTW Dave if you read this, were you able to make anything out of the launcherlog you wanted to see? :|
    Theres nothing that can be of use from that log.
    Did you try to update your drivers, install the redistributables (vcredist, depending on your system 32/64bit).
    Direct x 9 installed?

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    The launcherlog.txt file is showing that you started the launcher and then immediately closed the launcher by pressing the X button.
    I assume you already added Launcher.exe of FGunZ to the exception list of your anti-virus? Disabling it is not enough sometimes.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Revvy's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Dude, thanks for the suggestion but forreal try reading some of the other suggestions posted cause i've tried that a million times, anyway thanks.
    People are suggesting it because this is usually the problem. Try adding the launcher, if not the whole FGunZ folder into your anti virus's exceptions (On virus scans, firewalls,etc).

As a last result try Run > msconfig (Be very careful) and forcefully stop all start up programs from starting up (Except the ones you REALLY need, like wifi adapter software). If any programs start up during startup, disable it's services through msconfig.
    This is usually a software related problem, so calm down and look at people suggestion's from all angles, one can only assume your anti virus updated and has become hostile towards the launcher as a false positive.

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The launcherlog.txt file is showing that you started the launcher and then immediately closed the launcher by pressing the X button.
    I assume you already added Launcher.exe of FGunZ to the exception list of your anti-virus? Disabling it is not enough sometimes.
    ^^^^^
    So it does seem to be that something on his computer is causing this, either a virus or and anti virus/firewall/anything else related is still a very good guess.
    Last edited by Revvy; 08-18-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Yep, I've tried/done that, didn't work though.

Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
    People are suggesting it because this is usually the problem. Try adding the launcher, if not the whole FGunZ folder into your anti virus's exceptions (On virus scans, firewalls,etc).

As a last result try Run > msconfig (Be very careful) and forcefully stop all start up programs from starting up (Except the ones you REALLY need, like wifi adapter software). If any programs start up during startup, disable it's services through msconfig.
    This is usually a software related problem, so calm down and look at people suggestion's from all angles, one can only assume your anti virus updated and has become hostile towards the launcher as a false positive.
    Yeah, I appreciate every help I can get from people but seeing a response to your thread which gets your hopes up for a possible fix and ends up being a let down suggestion that has been suggested a few times before that can get frustrating

Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Theres nothing that can be of use from that log.
    Did you try to update your drivers, install the redistributables (vcredist, depending on your system 32/64bit).
    Direct x 9 installed?
    Yep, got Direct x 9 installed and installed the redistributables my drivers seem to be updated too
    Last edited by Again; 08-18-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    Again4FM

Revvy's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Yep, I've tried/done that, didn't work though.

Yeah, I appreciate every help I can get from people but seeing a response to your thread which gets your hopes up for a possible fix and ends up being a let down suggestion that has been suggested a few times before that can get frustrating
    May I ask what kind of anti virus do you have and have you tried adding the launcher to your Windows Defender exceptions?

Other than that you should try running the launcher as administrator and maybe even compatibility mode, wouldn't see how this is a problem though.

Have you tried a system restore (Should be as a last measure)?

Have you tried using a different connection?

I'm just shitting out questions and suggestions to get more of an idea of the origin of the problem.
    Last edited by Revvy; 08-18-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information