Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    It honestly isn't your best work. It seems too simple. It just looks like you pasted a bright render over a blurred background and added very transparent smudges. And even on your latest version (over this post) the text still doesn't fit.

Duchebaggy Cnc aside. I suggest reducing the blur on the background and only blur the parts that are far away, since it's what spoils the depth of the signature. And reduce the brightness of the render. Since atm I just see a pancake for a face with eyes and a tiny hole for a mouth. A solution for the text is to either put a semi transparent box behind it or add a stroke. And show the smudges a bit more because right now, some people might mistake it for a purple fart ._.

The idea could be awesome if done properly, the problem is; its just not done properly. Because this looks like you just started using photoshop...

I'm sorry but I have to only give you a 6/10 and that wasn't the number I had in mind too.

However. If you want I could help improve it for you.

2. The following user said thank you to EpicKLF for this useful post:

Rhysin (07-30-2013)

Rhysin's Avatar Freestyler

Thanks
    Since everyone who posted before has no knowledge of what a sig is usually graded on, here is the critera.
    Blending: The background has a blurred crystalline look which doesn't make the render look like it's actually in the scene; it creates too much contrast. The render looks slapped on in parts, and perfect in others. Be more consistent.
    Flow/Focal: While the render has flow, you didn't utilize it here and the result is a lack of a more concrete focal. It's still obvious what you want us to look at, but our eyes will wander.
    Lighting: Lighting here is way off. The lighting on here head reflects and opposite direction of the lighting from the sun in the background. Make the two match using burn/dodge if necessary. (light on head is top center-slightly left, light in bg is top right) Skin areas of the render are too bright.
    Placement: The render is basically centered and contradicts the rule of thirds (but I can care less about this one)
    Text: Placement is good, text is solid.
    Overall: 4/10 for the fact that it was render + stock and missing basic components.

Al-Malik // The King

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EpicKLF View Post
    It honestly isn't your best work. It seems too simple. It just looks like you pasted a bright render over a blurred background and added very transparent smudges. And even on your latest version (over this post) the text still doesn't fit.

Duchebaggy Cnc aside. I suggest reducing the blur on the background and only blur the parts that are far away, since it's what spoils the depth of the signature. And reduce the brightness of the render. Since atm I just see a pancake for a face with eyes and a tiny hole for a mouth. A solution for the text is to either put a semi transparent box behind it or add a stroke. And show the smudges a bit more because right now, some people might mistake it for a purple fart ._.

The idea could be awesome if done properly, the problem is; its just not done properly. Because this looks like you just started using photoshop...

I'm sorry but I have to only give you a 6/10 and that wasn't the number I had in mind too.

Lol thanks, and yeah I know it isn't my best work. Honestly, I did it in less than an hour while asleep. With all of my excuses aside, I'll try and take what you've said and try and make it better.

Originally Posted by Rhysin View Post
    Since everyone who posted before has no knowledge of what a sig is usually graded on, here is the critera.
    Blending: The background has a blurred crystalline look which doesn't make the render look like it's actually in the scene; it creates too much contrast. The render looks slapped on in parts, and perfect in others. Be more consistent.
    Flow/Focal: While the render has flow, you didn't utilize it here and the result is a lack of a more concrete focal. It's still obvious what you want us to look at, but our eyes will wander.
    Lighting: Lighting here is way off. The lighting on here head reflects and opposite direction of the lighting from the sun in the background. Make the two match using burn/dodge if necessary. (light on head is top center-slightly left, light in bg is top right) Skin areas of the render are too bright.
    Placement: The render is basically centered and contradicts the rule of thirds (but I can care less about this one)
    Overall: 4/10 for the fact that it was render + stock and missing basic components.
    '-'

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Rhysin View Post
    aight il make a thread on how terrible you are,Il take all you're signatures and i will specificaly tell you what is wrong with your gfx works.
    Cause getting real tired of you trying to act as if your some sort of gfx king while you are obv god damn terrible.

Rhysin's Avatar Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    aight il make a thread on how terrible you are,Il take all you're signatures and i will specificaly tell you what is wrong with your gfx works.
    Cause getting real tired of you trying to act as if your some sort of gfx king while you are obv god damn terrible.
    You don't need to be a king to help people improve. EpicKLF helps me cnc and improve all the time. What you take for ego, is your own ego being hurt by someone you find competitive. I don't think I'm better than anyone. I just go by what is common knowledge and what was stickied.

Al-Malik // The King

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Luneth View Post
    3/10 I miss loads of cool effects. Plus the perspective is bad. Colors don't match
    You rated it, nice job. But you didn't explain on what I can improve. This is one reason why I hate CnC's, people who are extremely knowledgable don't help out with others, though I'm being a hyprocrite since that's all I do, it's true.

If you two could not fight on this thread, it'd be highly appreciated.

Having others adjust it for me wouldn't benefit me at all, though thanks for the offer.
    Last edited by Adam; 07-30-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Having others adjust it for me wouldn't benefit me at all, though thanks for the offer.
    Alright. I understand. I just didn't expect something like this from you. You did improve quite a lot and then you made this... But then again, you have your reasons. And you said it yourself that it is bad. I just thought that if I improve it and then show you how I did it. It would help you get a better idea. I didn't mean it in any other way.

Al-Malik // The King

Country
    Thanks
    Alright. I understand. I just didn't expect something like this from you. You did improve quite a lot and then you made this... But then again, you have your reasons. And you said it yourself that it is bad. I just thought that if I improve it and then show you how I did it. It would help you get a better idea. I didn't mean it in any other way.
    I know :p

Keep in mind this has been my first signature in more than 4/5 weeks.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I know :p

Keep in mind this has been my first signature in more than 4/5 weeks.
    Well that changes a lot of things... ._.

Al-Malik // The King

Country
    Thanks
    Well that changes a lot of things... ._.
    Not really, whatever the excuse may be, it's still bad. That doesn't change until I make it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information