Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Scarab's Avatar pretty boi swag

Thanks
    So basically, Attack on Titan aka. Shingeki no Kyojin is by far the most mind blowing series of events, characters and anything else you can imagine i've ever had the pleasure of watching/reading. I recently caught up with what's released by reading the manga and i'm at a loss for words just because it exceeds anything i could have ever imagined for a series.

SO! SPOILERS AWAIT IF YOU READ ON. You've been warned

So much discussion and guesses can be made from what we know/don't know right now, and i'd love to share/hear other peoples views! basically, any view at this point could be right, or could be wrong.. we just have ZERO idea. anything can happen.

I took the time of doing some character study and putting some things together in my mind, also putting forth a very ideas myself

Note: Again, SPOILER ALERT. If you're not caught up with the MANGA, you should turn away now.

EREN:

in the beginning there is a cut scene of survey corps taking down a titan and then it cuts to eren waking up from a long dream, crying. he doesn't
    seem to know why?

It mentions in the manga Ymir was outside of the wall in titan form for 60 or 70 years.. and then all of a sudden she shifts to human and joins the trainees?

is Eren just like Ymir? a titan shifter that was outside of the wall for many years before finally shifting to human? Was his dream in the beginning of the
    series where he woke up crying him recalling himself as a titan subconciously?

Just before Eren awakes it flashes a few gruesome images .. children's toys, a house with a windmill, his mother being picked up before being eaten, and the
    titan that killed his mother. Note, all of these flashes of image occurring before the actual death of his mother.

YMIR:

There is more to Ymir's character than we think.

Ymir in Norse mythology "" Ymir birthed a male and female from the pits of his arms, and his legs together begat a six-headed being. The gods Odin, Vili, and Vé fashioned the Earth (elsewhere personified as a goddess; Jörð) from his flesh,
    from his blood the ocean, from his bones the hills, from his hair the trees, from his brains the clouds, from his skull the heavens, and from his eyebrows the middle realm in which mankind lives"

In the manga in the old, abandoned castle she was able to read a mysteriously language on a can that not even Reiner (the armored titan) could.

Outside the walls for 60-70 years before slipping into the trainee corps when the wall was breached by the collosal titan.

Her Titan is more feral than the others.

Strong attraction to Christa (part of some honored family that knows the secret behind why their are titans inside the actual wall itself)

WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE HAIRY TITAN:

The monkey titan has the ability to change humans into titans.
    Which is why there was no breach in the wall, which is why connie's village people were mysteriously missing.. but one titan resembled his mom

Monkey titan had no idea what the 3d gear was and seemed very interested in it

He seemed to be able to command the titan's. (being able to stop them from eating someone, for example)

EREN'S DAD:

Alive or dead? we don't know.

Who is he exactly?

There is something very fishy about the whereabouts and significance behind Eren's dad and what he actually did. Also i feel their is significance to the mention
    of a previous epidemic in the city eren's dad was regarded as a "Hero" for "curing"

We know the mysterious, hairy titan can indeed change people into titans. Is their a dormant titan gene in every human? Does this tie in with Eren's dad?

What exactly is in the basement that is so crucial to mankind that he could have possessed ?

Basically, their are three types of titans.

Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt- Skinless, normal ear'd titans that seem to have some sort of mission against humankind.
    Eren, Ymir- They have skin, also pointy ears, and seem to oppose the other titans and side with the humans.
    Hairy Titan- Seems far more elder and significant than the other titans. We know he's been away for what must be years since he had zero idea what the 3d gear was.
    We also know he has the ability to change human into titans. We don't know what his intent is or who's side he's on.

Their is a popular theory suggesting long ago in their human history there were two warring factions. One of them turned their population into titans to combat
    the other side, forcing them behind walls. The hairy titan could be part of this faction with his ability to turn people into titans. My only question is
    why are their now good titan shifters, and bad?

Their is definitetely something interesting with Eren and Ymir's titans vs Reiner and Burtholdt's in a sense that it's the popular belief Eren and Ymir are both
    titan shifter's that been around for 60-70 years or more outside the wall, before coming inside (confirmed for ymir, not Eren) We know that Reiner and Bert had
    zero idea of the existence of Eren's and Ymir's titan's until they revealed the abilities. So what sets Eren and Ymir apart?

There are SO many possibilities we can hypothesize in regards to which way the story is going to go, we simply don't have enough information yet so all we have is
    questions.

Could it be that titans are human created? I mean, Eren's dad seemed to have unlocked a lot of knowledge behind the titans.. could that be because he was involved
    with this society that created the titans? It's not too far fetched of an idea, governments are corrupt, governments hide things. We already know their is a
    cover up scandal with the titans being found inside the actual walls already. Maybe it was a past attempt to weaponize people against their enemy gone horribly
    wrong and it bred mindless, people eating freaks, forcing them behind walls? Perhaps Eren was one of the test subjects that the doctor (his "dad") felt pity on
    and brought home/raised for himself?

I think this is a POSSIBLE theory because look at the hairy titan, aka. "Monkey" titan. He seems to be the most intelligent and primitive of all the titans and far
    more advanced. Could he be the first? because we know, with any experiment in our real world we first experiment on animals (monkeys) before moving to human
    trials.

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    Another SNK thread?

Osuu's Avatar The ultimate Potato.

Thanks
    That's a long ass post. '-'

I'm assuming Titans were human mutations in order to create a superior race but things went wrong and humanity was wiped out. Since Titans 'suddenly' appeared out of no where we can assume that this supports my theory. Eren's Titan power might be the improved and controllable version of the superior race.

I have more to say but typing on phone is annoying :c

Creds to Lemonish^

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Osuu View Post

I'm assuming Titans were human mutations in order to create a superior race but things went wrong and humanity was wiped out. Since Titans 'suddenly' appeared out of no where we can assume that this supports my theory. Eren's Titan power might be the improved and controllable version of the superior race.

it's pretty much explained in the manga if you read it with care o.o

Thanks
    Originally Posted by King Haze View Post
    Another SNK thread?
    oh no, kinghaze 'dun like it? kinghaze can leave. qqqqqqqq

sort of touches base with some of my theory in my post! indeed, a long post but the series is so complex it's hard to not post an analysis of a decent length.

I admit, I was a bit hesitant to post this thread on freestyle forums because this community has more jack asses than any other. So note to anyone who has a problem with the thread, or thread length:

If you don't like the series, or have a problem with this thread for any reason.. no one is asking you to get butt hurt or waste your time making a post. just carry on.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
    oh no, kinghaze 'dun like it? kinghaze can leave. qqqqqqqq
    oh no, I didn't ment it that way -.-'

Thanks
    Now we have to wonder just how did they do mutations with their technology, magic doesn't seem to be in that world and it's set in the mideval times so their technology shouldn't be that advanced. Only thing I can think of is Alchemy.

Creds to Lemonish^

Thanks
    Now we have to wonder just how did they do mutations with their technology, magic doesn't seem to be in that world and it's set in the mideval times so their technology shouldn't be that advanced. Only thing I can think of is Alchemy.
    I don't know man.. Reiner and Bert have a "homeland" they keep talking about, remember? That's where they are kidnapping Eren and Ymir to. We have no idea what kind of society (if at all) it is and what sort of abilities and technology that exist there.

Also.. I've found some theories suggesting maybe the setting for the series is extremely futuristic. at first glance, with the horses and cannons and everything else.. It looks fairly medieval/old fashioned, i'll agree. However maybe before the titan pandemic happened and 90% of mankind was wiped out/forced to live behind walls, humankind was a pretty advanced society in terms of medical advances, and technology and just lost it all when they were wiped out, and became very limited once behind the walls/hundreds of years past that they had to resort to the old fashioned way of life again. make sense?

i mean, personally i think even the 3d gear system is quite technologically advanced for their current society even. so this wouldn't make the above theory too far of a stretch

Thanks
    3D gear doesn't require much 'advanced' technology, it's just impractical irl xD since be cuz all of the training

It's possible that the year is 3030 or something, and that the titans destroyed all civilization and knowledge of technology etc. And the scientists that made the Titans used them to build the walls as a last resort. But there would be countless possibilities if we stretched our imagination that far xD

Creds to Lemonish^

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    This anime does not deserve three threads. It may not be bad, but a masterpiece it is not.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information