Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ^2Link's Avatar Trigger me baby

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
    oh you know.. back when Grace clan was a thing. I went by the little ol name QuantumFlux
    wotfok, LMFAO. Grace. that was funny shit. Shitty clan doe ;-; Im way better now anyway

Characters:
    Link

Revvy's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    The problem with that is that the game is peer to peer, meaning this isn't your connection to the server, it's your connection to other players.

In other words the server is just a matchmaker and your connection varies from person to person. (Ex: You may have a 500 ping to one person, and 50 to another)
    Of course it could also be made that if your ping to the server is high that the person isn't allowed to login but how accurate would this ping measurement be to other players? People living far away from the server will ping high to the server while pinging to their buddies 50ms.

Also a simple action on your PC like opening skype can cause you to spike, making it so the person DC's.

P.S When you look at a persons ping, it's actually showing your own ping to that person, it isn't their ping to the server/other players.
    This might sound far fetched to people because they are used to having a server to play on (Server meaning both non-player server and player servers [AKA Host])
    Last edited by Revvy; 08-13-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Google's Avatar 눈 ͜ಎ눈

Thanks
    That's what I suggested. [NOBR] tag. :c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information