Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jawarisin View Post
    I'd be interested in your suggestions

-Jawarisin
    Well starting off...

There is rock/metal (my main genre following). There are many out there, probably not as much as there is electronic or unplugged (orchestral/piano etc.), but enough to keep one occupied for a long time, especially if one is into that kind of music. Like in the west there are multiple sub-genres, but that's for you to decide. I'll make a list of ones I know and make the best assumption on what sub-genre they are, because I still can't divide them like others can.

- Crow'sclaw (grunge rock/metal; very heavy lead and rhythm guitars)

- Demetori (Power Metal; every members is insane from lead, rhythm and especially drums)

- IRON ATTACK [IRON-CHINO!] (Neoclassical; they like to use older styles of rock/metal and modernize them. If you are a fan of Yngwie Malmsteen you WILL hear that same style a lot

- Minami (Hard Rock/Metal; A group from the Circle IOSYS. Surprising considering it's... well IOSYS.. the same circle that makes all dem music for a number of those PVs you see such as Cirno's Perfect Math Class or Neki Miko Reimu)

- Foreground Eclipse (This one is... kinda hard to out. They are screamo at times, but even I, a person who dislikes screams for the most part, can find their material to be quite tasteful sometimes. Guess it just has to be the right kind of arrangement)

- Undead Corporation (Similar to Foreground Eclipse. Arrangements can be hit or miss depending on the subjective ear, but on a 7-string guitar their leads sound VERY. VERY nice 90% of the time)

- UI-70 (Similar to Demetori however they tend to go all around. Plus they used to be WITH the members of Demetori until they group split basically into two, so just go and find out for yourself)

- S.S.H.[Saitama Saisyu Heiki] (Possibly one of my MOST favorite arrangers out there. He started remixing some time before Touhou and I've known about this guy before I even started following the series. His style is known to be "Synth-rock" and needless to say they are amazing pieces to listen to)

- Thousand Leaves (To be honest, the only thing I like from this Circle are instrumentals. Rest of them are either pretty much hardcore screams or deathmetal. If you are into either/or give it a listen. Most instrumentals are made from the arranger known as "Bach")

- South of Heaven (All around type of group. Hard Rock, Metal, vocals; whatever. They do tend to be hit and miss, so see what you can find)

- Stratiotes (From a group that, again, occasionally does screams. However their leads and rhythms are actually more than enough to make up for it making some of their arrangements, quite ironically, tasteful. Plus instrumentals)

- Xi-on (Techno-metal/rock; These guys are pretty damn cool. Each arrangement is worth listening to and usually has that beat where you just have to listen to. I Extremely recommend giving this group a listen to. Especially their Nuclear Fusion mix.. a lot say it has a similar vibe to that of Persona 3, which I can agree to)

- Magnum Opus (Progressive metal/rock; Definitely the kind you should listen to if you like prog. However, they can vary in type, but typically they do progressive)

- Kurogane Lab (Speedmetal; When I say speedmetal, I mean it. BPM on most of these tracks are ridiculous at times. Not my thing, but others may like it. So if you do, give them a go. Don't get me wrong though, I still do like a couple of their arrangements, just not a lot)

Well, that's it for now. I'll probably edit this post or make a new one on electronic later. This was a pretty damn long post by itself. If you aren't a fan of rock/metal well be a bit patient. I will get electronic done soon, just not right now. Just remember too, this is just a small chunk of rock/metal groups out there who do arrangements of touhou themes.

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Welp, I now decided to do an Electronic/other genre lineup (excluding unplugged/classical/orchestral etc... don't know enough groups, however interested). Not everyone likes rock/metal, like myself, so I'll get to posting some groups that make electronic touhou musical arrangements.

- EastNewSound (Probably one of the most popular right now. They do both vocals and instrumental (however the instrumentals are simply the off-vocal version of all their arrangements). They focus on mainly a trance style and not much else, really. However, they are consistent enough ti listen to a lot of their mixes after about 10 albums, so they are definitely a must if you are into a trance-like style)

- Alstroemeria Records (From the same group that has made the ever so infamous "Bad Apple!!" remix everyone knows. They have MANY albums to listen to and they experiment all over the place in style. Give them ago and don't quit after one if you dislike them. Again, they span across different styles so there's a lot of option open)

- =NeutraL= (I wouldn't particularly say they expertise in just electronic. They are kinda everywhere in genres alone from rock to electronic to whatever. Give it a go, they are pretty decent)

- IZMIZM (I simply love this group. They also do different areas of electronic, but their best works seem to be house/complextro style. Hell, even their dubstep is bearable; this coming from someone who heavily dislikes it)

- SOUND HOLIC (Another all-around group. Very good eurobeat mixes when they do them and generally electronic and rock again)

- A-One (Very popular for their Eurobeat arrangements and actually has connections with Odyssey Eurobeat, which are pretty famous for Pony Eurobeat mixes, mind you I'm not a fan of MLP, I just know this because T. Stebbins sings for both Odyssey and A-One)

- Silver Forest (More vocals and all around. Definitely something to give it a go and is one of my favorites)

- IOSYS/Innocent Key (If you want cutesy, random arrangements all around, these two circles will give you your fill. Be warned that if you are like me, you will get tired of them and quick)

- Rinfield (Hasn't made anything in the past long while with only very few current arrangements. As disappoint as that sounds, his works are remarkable and almost make up for that fact)

Eh, for the sake of "I'm just lazing now", I'll just simply list a bunch more of groups. Just try em and see what you like.

LiLA'c Records
    Amateras Records
    Shibayan Records
    TatshMusicCircle
    dBu
    Halozy
    Diverse System
    Sound Online
    ALiCE'S EMOTiON
    C-CLAYS
    DiGiTAL WiNG
    Syrufit
    Sound Sepher
    SYNC.ART'S
    Jerico
    Yuuhei Satellite
    556mm
    Rolling Contact
    T.Piacere
    Lost Garden

That's just a few to name from off the top of my head. Just try some out and see what ya like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information