skipperskipz's Avatar Natsu

Thanks
    //so, yesterday I got a new keyboard because I spilled coffee and accidently threw it outta window at the same time :D. So, anyways I always used basic to play R-Reload. and switch weapons with my middle mouse button... Just so flash step with the keyboard. So can you tell me how do people play like 1-sword 2-gun 3- gunz. Cause I don't know, so please advice me how to use my keyboard better, since with the basic it's kinda hard... So with new keyboard I'm gonna learn how to play at least better ;D. Oh and if you don't care, just get the hell out and don't f**king reply ;3

Google's Avatar 눈 ͜ಎ눈

Thanks
    No need to use 1 2 3. Default + R somewhere in the mouse it's the key. c:

Or.. You could try this one.

Using the right keys:
    It takes a few days to get used to a new key config, but default settings aren't suited for Korean-Style, it is important to find easy to press key combinaison.
    I've only been playing for 1 year, and changing my key config really helped me get faster when I was learning fbs/tbf.
    The point is to be able to use advanced moves/speed without bothering your fingers so you can focus on your aim instead of your fingers.

Reload->Sword:
    Find 2 buttons you can press at once, check which button comes first-> assign to reload, and the 2nd one to sword.
    For example 2 sidebuttons, press both at once to reload+sword fast in a single clic.
    You could use middle+rightclics, or keyboard keys, but keyboard keys would slow you down if you use the same finger to dash.
    Scrolling also works fine, for example middleclic=reload and scrollup=sword. You press middle while scrolling a little up at same time.

Weapon+Sword:
    Make sure that when you press both, sword overwrite weapon.
    Try to J-massive (spam weap+sword and not see the weapon logo in the right corner), it makes you a little faster if it works easily, if not I guess you're not loosing much speed.
    I use my little finger to hit weapon 1 and weapon 2, to free my dashing fingers. You could use middlefinger I guess, since side-dash are the most used.
    scroll-up=sword sends sword>sword>sword>(...) into the game when you scroll up, making it easier to do a quickswitch weapon>sword, requiering less timing.

Dashes:
    My 3 middle fingers only do dashes. I moved to ESDF to get more room for little finger ^^;

Flip:
    If you like to BlockRush (Dash>flip>block>jump), try to find a remaining key not too hard to press when dashing.
    Example: WASD dashes, Q and E flips.
    Or Ctrl, sidebuttons..

Block:
    Left clic is my block, quicker response for TBF quickblock and other block-animlock moves.

Freestyler

Thanks
    If you don't want your set up to limit what moves you can do, then all you gotta know is that you want to be able to press reload while pressing any directional key. Example: if you had R reload, which uses index finger, and you use wasd to move around, D also uses index finger. That means you cant reload and move to the right at the same time, so you will be slower at doing moves to the right compared to the left because your straining one finger to move from one key to another compared to pressing R with index at the same time with A with ring finger or something. This means you cant do late dash stuff to the right with r reload, as it requires you to dash and reload at the same time, also you cant do basically all dstyle moves to the right besides the lower tier ones.

Also for your key to switch to melee wep, you want to be able to move and switch at the same time any direction, same as above, so you can do all the moves you would want to learn, don't limit yourself jus cuz idk. I remember i used default for liek 3 years + and had to change keys one day to learn more techniques.... it sucks.

Remember, if you use 2 & 3 for gun switching, and wasd to move around, it works liek this: you would use middle finger to press 2 AND 3, so your more flexible if you are able to use one finger for 2 keys, however this only applies on 2 and 3 with middle finger when doing moves side to side. When going back and forward, you use ring finger on 2 and index finger on 3. Don't act like, ohh the keys are sooo far. This is a dumb rumor with default weapon switching, for the guns at least (2 and 3). I say this because if your keyboard is flat, you wont be able to reach all the way easily, at least at first i guess. If your hand is all the way hovering over the keyboard, then you wont even have to stretch to reach these keys, just press down. This means you have to tilt the keyboard so its leaning upwards towards you. The more it is tilted, the easier it will be to reach further away keys and it will be more comfortable.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 08-14-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Setunai's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by skipperskipz View Post
    //so, yesterday i got a new keyboard because i spilled coffee and accidently threw it outta window at the same time :d. So, anyways i always used basic to play r-reload. And switch weapons with my middle mouse button... Just so flash step with the keyboard. So can you tell me how do people play like 1-sword 2-gun 3- gunz. Cause i don't know, so please advice me how to use my keyboard better, since with the basic it's kinda hard... So with new keyboard i'm gonna learn how to play at least better ;d. Oh and if you don't care, just get the hell out and don't f**king reply ;3
    lol <3

Thread Information