Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eins's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    For all the JRPG fans out there, this indie game looks really promising. Personally, I'm ecstatic about the team they have put together for this. I love Uematsu's compositions.
    You should help kickstart if you're interested and have money to spare!

Project Phoenix
    If you don't know who I am, then tread lightly.

Thanks
    Most Kickstarters for games do not get finished, meaning anyone who gave money is shit out of luck. The games that do get finished, a lot of them are lackluster.

They have no working demo game at all, only concept art (which is less than 1% of what's needed). They might not even have a programmer (the fact that they will say he's "one of the best in the world" but won't say he is sometimes means that he doesn't exist).

Relevant: http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comm...r_ouya/c5ulq3q

I want to be excited for this but I don't want to waste my money.

Eins's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    What you say may be true, but these guys are all experienced. They know what they are doing, and have all the necessary experience to make this game as great as they say. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen, but I'd say this one has a pretty decent chance of making it.
    If you don't know who I am, then tread lightly.

Thanks
    The people who are on the team are experienced, sure. But there's no way of even telling if they have a complete team.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks

>However, one thing's for certain: he is one of the leading Unity programmers in the world is constantly being asked to join the Unity team.
    >one of the leading Unity programmers in the world is constantly being asked to join the Unity team.
    >one of the leading Unity programmers
    >Unity programmers
    >Unity

NTY.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/...7cfe_large.jpg

>However, one thing's for certain: he is one of the leading Unity programmers in the world is constantly being asked to join the Unity team.
    >one of the leading Unity programmers in the world is constantly being asked to join the Unity team.
    >one of the leading Unity programmers
    >Unity programmers
    >Unity

NTY.
    To be fair, this programmer is being asked to single-handily program a cross-platform RTS.

Edit: No idea why I wrote "MMO" I dun goofed

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Deuxieme View Post
    To be fair, this programmer is being asked to single-handily program a cross-platform MMO.
    You don't ask for 300,000 to 1.3 million USD and then make your game with a free engine. That is just ludicrous.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Never go Unity.

Or I'll unite my foot with your ass.

9. The following 2 users say thank you to 1mike1 for this useful post:

Deuxieme (08-15-2013), Wucas Pls (08-15-2013)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    You don't ask for 300,000 to 1.3 million USD and then make your game with a free engine. That is just ludicrous.
    The engine costs a lot of money for the platforms they want to support. Still not enough to justify a 1.3m stretch goal but I think that money will mainly go to hookers to support that programmer working 80 hours a week for the next two years to eventually never release the game.
    Last edited by Deuxieme; 08-15-2013 at 06:35 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Deuxieme View Post
    The engine costs a lot of money for the platforms they want to support.
    That still doesnt change the fact that Unity really reallllly reallllllly sucks. The only game running on Unity that is relatively decent is Deus Ex, and it could have been done better in any other engine available.

Seriously, if these guys were making this in Unreal Engine, CryEngine, or even some original engine made to fit the game, I wouldn't be complaining, but the fact that they are already skimping THIS much makes me think that other aspects of the game are going to be weakened as well. A high class restaurant doesn't serve lobster on a paper plate, nor does a game that is "revolutionary" (their word, not mine) run on Unity.

Edit: Sorry, I was taking your comment seriously, but yah, you get the point.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 08-15-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information