Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Linear88's Avatar History

Thanks
    A blog post has been made regarding certain issues such as network attacks on players in FGunZ.

You can read about it here.

p.s. Thank you Mike for the idea.

2. The following 11 users say thank you to Linear88 for this useful post:

Adopt (09-01-2013), Alpha (08-21-2013), beeksebergen (08-23-2013), Cobra (08-22-2013), DesiBoii (08-21-2013), IMusic (09-18-2013), Izzat (08-22-2013), Silencer (08-21-2013), Swish (08-22-2013), Tumble (08-21-2013), XxXGamerZXxX (08-21-2013)

Alpha's Avatar Fresh to Death

Country
    Thanks
    Was wondering when a thread like this was coming out.

Originally Posted by Linear88 View Post
    A blog post has been made regarding certain issues such as network attacks on players in FGunZ.

You can read about it here.

p.s. Thank you Mike for the idea.
    Also is this peer-to-peer based networking scheme be kept for everything except clan wars so that distance lag isn't an issue during regular gameplay?
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-21-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sushiman View Post
    Was wondering when a thread like this was coming out.

Also is this peer-to-peer based networking scheme be kept for everything except clan wars so that distance lag isn't an issue during regular gameplay?
    NAT will only be forced in CW.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Scarab's Avatar pretty boi swag

Thanks
    Forgive me i just don't agree with the idea of rerouting the player-player connection to the server. this whole thing is going to come with more issues and complaints than it's going to solve.. but okie doke, you da bosses.
    Scarab is being a bad boy.

Banned

Thanks
    I will donate for you work.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
    Forgive me i just don't agree with the idea of rerouting the player-player connection to the server. this whole thing is going to come with more issues and complaints than it's going to solve.. but okie doke, you da bosses.
    And what kind of issues and complaints are you talking about?
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    And what kind of issues and complaints are you talking about?
    well, i don't have the same smarts as you fella's when it comes to development but by the SOUNDS of things there is going to be new lagg issues. What if i'm further away from the server than the enemy team i'm clan warring against?

here is a stellar idea and you know it.. why not remove the flippin' cash reward from the clan war. we don't have that "hot" of a clan war scene for their to be such prize. & you see the kind of poo people are trying to do to get it. it brings competition you could say.. but a bad kind of competition.

Banned

Thanks
    well, i don't have the same smarts as you fella's when it comes to development but by the SOUNDS of things there is going to be new lagg issues. What if i'm further away from the server than the enemy team i'm clan warring against?

here is a stellar idea and you know it.. why not remove the flippin' cash reward from the clan war. we don't have that "hot" of a clan war scene for their to be such prize. & you see the kind of poo people are trying to do to get it. it brings competition you could say.. but a bad kind of competition.
    People will still continue to DDoS, since this is quite a competitive game for kiddos they will attack you just for the sake of shits n giggles.

10. The following user said thank you to Nickachu for this useful post:

Nuva (09-17-2013)

Alpha's Avatar Fresh to Death

Country
    Thanks

I kind of support this.
    I was hoping for an implementation of 2 CW charts:

1 for monthly top clan
    1 for top overall points for a clan

Since I feel the fact that after every month, every clan has to start over again is really exhausting. Maybe a mix of the old and the new clan war system would be better.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-21-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks
    I don't know.. imo, the server laggs enough as it. directing more towards the server itself sounds like things are about to get hella laggy up in here. who knows.

why cash reward? if anything.. just the same as we have the gold emblem next to player names who do well in dual tournaments, make one for top clans monthly that also lasts a month. or make a certain item they can keep for a month. a jacket maybe. and forum title. all you need. fk money.
    Last edited by Scarab; 08-21-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information