Thanks
    Here's a little contribution for FGunZ, in case anyone finds it useful: FGunZ for Mac OS X (10.6.5 or later) with smooth gameplay.

Admins/Mods: you are welcome to move this post/delete it/check for malicious stuff. No, it is not backdoored, it is not infected with anything. It's an off the shelf installation within a highly customized wine virtual machine.

- Downloading FGunZ for Mac OS X
    Download it from Mega Here

Note: It's 512.2mb, slightly heavier than the normal zip file because it is self-contained within a virtual machine with internal windows DirectX files, etc.

- Installation instructions:
    1. Unzip the downloaded file to extract the "Freestyle Gunz.app" Application.
    2. Double-click on this application (optionally, drag it to your Application folder).
    3. Enjoy!

- Tested on:
    Mac OS X 10.8.4 Running on a 15" old Macbook with 2.5ghz 4GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 9500M video chipset (USB Mouse & Keyboard of course!)

- Technical information:
    Wrapper version: Wineskin 2.5.12
    Engine: WS9Wine 1.7.0X
    Freestyle Gunz Version: 7.0 (aug 12 patch). With default configuration.

- Technical issues:
    None, fgunz runs smoothly, I get around 150~250fps on an old Macbook with archetype config and a decent resolution. It should run a lot faster on newer models.

If you have problems, post them here or let me know and I may be able to help. I'm an anonymous old school Gunz player and developer who just wanted to pay gunz again but only had a macbook nearby heh.

The wrapper setup is highly customized to run gunz as fast as possible, with many personalized configuration options and winetricks settings.
    Last edited by rclxor; 09-02-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Thread Information