Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
I like the first idea of Lava Duel, since if the player is out of clip before the match starts they can ask the host to respawn them, the 2nd idea of Player Based Lava I think no. I honestly believe Lava Duel is enough for us.
I think that spawning players when they run out of clip (in the 2nd idea) is actually more valid than respawning in the first idea. I imagined the first event being in an open area with a circle of mines-like circle but relatively larger (about 2x as big) where 2 people are teleported in each time. The skillmap with a big spawning platform might be good for this. Additionally maybe make a quarter or half circle around walls and wall corners to maybe give room for medstyle and wall bouncing in there?
Point is, i think both ideas could atleast use a short test to understand them and balance around difficulty (speed modifier in the 2nd idea to make players more susceptible to hitting mines while making little movement).
Imo, the way the 2nd idea is gonna go, with atleast 10 players in the room, is like the normal lava event except no downtime because if you want to dodge mines placed by players you basically have to always move unless nobody is trying to throw mines at you (which would then maybe justify a global respawn). Not to mention, with players moving at hyper speeds whilst throwing mines, the mines get the players's velocity and actually land a very far distance from where they were thrown, allowing for very surprising mines appearing 'out ofnowhere'.