Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    R0B3N's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Damage Control
    Description: The Event Team will make a TDM with all the participants in the other team. The host sets a time (preferrably a low number, under 5 minutes). The goal is for the Event Team to move around the map avoiding the players as much as possible and the players should be trying to deal as much damage to the ET as possible. The Event Team will naturally have their admin gear on so they don't end up dying and they won't be using weapons to damage people, unless stated otherwise. It's advised to do this with more than one person om the Event Team, because the whole map running after one person sprinting away might be a bit boring, and having more people around can offer some tactics. I'd suggest doing this event in semi-big open maps, (e.g. Castle, Stairway, Dungeon) to be able to roam freely and avoid getting "sword molested" by a team of 20 players in a corner.

The people with the most damage win the event.

These are the basics of this event, more below under this sentence.

Ways to spice this event up to expand on the fun:
    - Choice of Weapons (All weapons allowed, or limited to specific ones. (e.g.: Melee + Revolvers or Only Melee)
    - Friendly Fire [ON]
    - Use of unlimited mines or training nades by Event Team can be used to make it tougher to track them.
    - Participant Team all have the same side effect. (Bunny Hop / Ninja Jump / Zoomed out etc.)

Rewards:
    1st place - 5 Event Coins.
    2nd place - 3 Event Coins.
    3rd place - 1 Event Coins.

BONUS:
    If the player team succeeds in making someone from the Event Team suicide, all participants will get 1 event point. (This will stay limited to 1 event point even if you take out multiple event team members.)

Reasons for this Event:
    Some of the events I've seen involve players killing the Event Team. Did you ever participate in such an event and ended up doing the most damage and someone took away your kill? That is just really sour! which is one aspect of that specific event being so challenging, but it would be nice to have an event that is similar but is more so based on skill and different tactics rather than luck, which is why I created this!

I left this Event very open to rules and limits in order to avoid nitpicking on specifics that might or might not work.
    But at the same time created in a way the Event Team can innovate or setup the event they want to host it, because the basics are present. I think it's even okay to get rid of some of the things I've put in such as the bonus reward in case it's too troublesome (You can consider it to be one of the spice things up suggestions) etc. But I think the basics are solid and I am of the opinion that it would be fun if the Event Team could fiddle around with it and do something they like with it, differing per time or per event team member.

So I'll leave up the rules to you guys, but I think it would be fair to make the rules the same as usual (no lagging / macro'ing / spiking etc.) and I think it's wise to disallow Late join (or put a password) and not allow participants in the ET's Team. Not allowing massives to take place in suicidal maps is recommended (or at least make ET immune to them) I would also disallow flip, so you won't be able to kill an ET via that kind of way, because it will instantly get you the most damage.

Another recommendation: Depending on how long the event lasts, it might be wise to allow and / or suggest the players to take ammo / magazine pouches with them.
    Last edited by R0B3N; 04-26-2021 at 10:55 AM.

2. The following user said thank you to R0B3N for this useful post:

Bunny (04-26-2021)

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by R0B3N View Post
    Damage Control
    Description: The Event Team will make a TDM with all the participants in the other team. The host sets a time (preferrably a low number, under 5 minutes). The goal is for the Event Team to move around the map avoiding the players as much as possible and the players should be trying to deal as much damage to the ET as possible. The Event Team will naturally have their admin gear on so they don't end up dying and they won't be using weapons to damage people, unless stated otherwise. It's advised to do this with more than one person om the Event Team, because the whole map running after one person sprinting away might be a bit boring, and having more people around can offer some tactics. I'd suggest doing this event in semi-big open maps, (e.g. Castle, Stairway, Dungeon) to be able to roam freely and avoid getting "sword molested" by a team of 20 players in a corner.

- Choice of Weapons (All weapons allowed, or limited to specific ones. (e.g.: Melee + Revolvers or Only Melee)
    - Friendly Fire [ON]
    - Use of unlimited mines or training nades by Event Team can be used to make it tougher to track them.
    - Participant Team all have the same side effect. (Bunny Hop / Ninja Jump / Zoomed out etc.)

Rewards:

BONUS:
    If the player team succeeds in making someone from the Event Team suicide, all participants will get 1 event point. (This will stay limited to 1 event point even if you take out multiple event team members.)

Reasons for this Event:
    Some of the events I've seen involve players killing the Event Team. Did you ever participate in such an event and ended up doing the most damage and someone took away your kill? That is just really sour! which is one aspect of that specific event being so challenging, but it would be nice to have an event that is similar but is more so based on skill and different tactics rather than luck, which is why I created this!

I left this Event very open to rules and limits in order to avoid nitpicking on specifics that might or might not work.
    But at the same time created in a way the Event Team can innovate or setup the event they want to host it, because the basics are present. I think it's even okay to get rid of some of the things I've put in such as the bonus reward in case it's too troublesome (You can consider it to be one of the spice things up suggestions) etc. But I think the basics are solid and I am of the opinion that it would be fun if the Event Team could fiddle around with it and do something they like with it, differing per time or per event team member.

So I'll leave up the rules to you guys, but I think it would be fair to make the rules the same as usual (no lagging / macro'ing / spiking etc.) and I think it's wise to disallow Late join (or put a password) and not allow participants in the ET's Team. Not allowing massives to take place in suicidal maps is recommended (or at least make ET immune to them)

Another recommendation: Depending on how long the event lasts, it might be wise to allow and / or suggest the players to take ammo / magazine pouches with them.

Spoiler!

- - - Updated - - -

Event Name: Keep Holding On
    Map/Location:
    Spoiler!

Room Tags: GOD, NS, NI, and NG
    Objective: Players will not have any types of equipment on their hands, they have to tumble all their way to the middle to respawn back up and not be killed by suicide. As they are tumbling back down, the host will be equipped with either Admin Sword or Dagger (long-range version), they will slash players to push them off the center which will result in their deaths. The last remaining player will receive 1 EP. To make it more fun and challenging which is optional, gravity will be decreased thus the rate of the players falling quickly will increase.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by justRelax; 04-26-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Thank you and credit ~ GeorgeGFX

4. The following 3 users say thank you to Eeksdee for this useful post:

Cutie (04-26-2021), R0B3N (04-26-2021), TomasEdison (04-27-2021)

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by R0B3N View Post
    Damage Control

- Friendly Fire [ON]

Rewards:

BONUS:

Reasons for this Event:

So I'll leave up the rules to you guys, but I think it would be fair to make the rules the same as usual (no lagging / macro'ing / spiking etc.) and I think it's wise to disallow Late join (or put a password) and not allow participants in the ET's Team. Not allowing massives to take place in suicidal maps is recommended (or at least make ET immune to them) I would also disallow flip, so you won't be able to kill an ET via that kind of way, because it will instantly get you the most damage.

If you host the event in Team Deathmatch or Team Training game modes with basic room tags (i.e. NI, F), it will quickly become another version of 'Kill the Staff' event. Therefore, I suggest sticking some of the optional additions you mentioned in "Ways to spice this event up to expand on the fun" above. Besides, if Friendly Fire is ON, the Damage Control event will be similar to the concept of Hunger Games, but with a minor twist. So, I suggest hosting the event in Team Deathmatch + Extreme game mode. It means, once players die, they'll respawn within 5 seconds in the blue base, but their DMG only will reset, so they still have a fair chance to deal damage again and win.

Overall, your event idea is fantastic, and I personally would love to try hosting it or participating in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Eeksdee View Post
    Event Name: Keep Holding On
    Map/Location:

Room Tags: GOD, NS, NI, and NG
    Objective: Players will not have any types of equipment on their hands, they have to tumble all their way to the middle to respawn back up and not be killed by suicide. As they are tumbling back down, the host will be equipped with either Admin Sword or Dagger (long-range version), they will slash players to push them off the center which will result in their deaths. The last remaining player will receive 1 EP. To make it more fun and challenging which is optional, gravity will be decreased thus the rate of the players falling quickly will increase.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Excellent idea! I believe participating in the event will be enjoyable and challenging. Plus, maybe increasing the Gravity to 150~180 shouldn't be an optional addition but a requirement for this event. Overall, it should be tested, so we can see if it works or not and receive feedbacks from the players accordingly.
    Last edited by justRelax; 04-26-2021 at 02:06 PM.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

6. The following 2 users say thank you to TomasEdison for this useful post:

Cutie (04-26-2021), Eeksdee (04-27-2021)

Country
    Thanks
    Event Name: Lucky Guess?

Map/Location:

Spoiler!

Room Tags: Glad, ESP and NM

Objective: Firstly, the host will give 3 objects that are on the map such as the computer, fish tank, and books with their corresponding number to which the players will choose one of this objects whom they will stand on or beside the objects just in case they are not able to stand on it. 10 seconds will be given to the players after which those who ain't at any of the designated objects will be slapped. After players have chosen their places, the host will then freeze everyone to stop cheating and after which dice will be thrown (/roll <number>). The number that the dice lands (do remember that each object has its own number) on to will determine who will move on to the next phase. This will carry on till 1 person is left and when in a turn of the event there is not 1 survivor the round will end. Last to survive wins 1 event point. For players, best is to deactivate Archetype Config for an easier game.
    Last edited by Eeksdee; 04-26-2021 at 06:19 PM.

8. The following user said thank you to Eeksdee for this useful post:

TomasEdison (04-26-2021)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    remove no elevating rule from flip and lunge the staff

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    remove no elevating rule from flip and lunge the staff
    I've to say NO to this. Lets keep it that way.

11. The following user said thank you to Eeksdee for this useful post:

TomasEdison (04-27-2021)

Country
    Thanks
    Event Name: Kamikaze

Map/Location:

Spoiler!

Room Tags: ESP, NI, NG, NM and NF

Objective: The host will be equipped with Admin Grenade Launcher and Admin Dagger whilst the players only have their melee. The host will first begin at the TOP ROD on the map (he/she) will have to climb all the way up, and after which the host will rain down the grenades below where to participants are. Participants are allowed to use the wall below the ROD LINE, they will try to survive it as long as possible but here comes the fun part, after 1 - 5 minutes (up to the host discretion) they will move down to the next rod below. This meant that the players are forced down since they are not able to go above the ROD LINE. This will carry on till two things until 3 survivors/last to die and at that point, the event will be finished. 3rd place gets 1 point, 2nd place gets 2 points and 1st place (last survivor) gets 3 points. I created this idea due to the insufficient usage of the "Mine" map which I felt has not been touched in a long time. All opinions are welcome.
    Last edited by Eeksdee; 04-27-2021 at 01:24 PM.

13. The following 2 users say thank you to Eeksdee for this useful post:

Cutie (04-27-2021), TomasEdison (04-27-2021)

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eeksdee View Post

Map/Location:

Objective: The host will be equipped with Admin Grenade Launcher and Admin Dagger whilst the players only have their melee. The host will first begin at the TOP ROD on the map (he/she) will have to climb all the way up, and after which the host will rain down the grenades below where to participants are. Participants are allowed to use the wall below the ROD LINE, they will try to survive it as long as possible but here comes the fun part, after 1 - 5 minutes (up to the host discretion) they will move down to the next rod below. This meant that the players are forced down since they are not able to go above the ROD LINE. This will carry on till two things until 3 survivors/last to die and at that point, the event will be finished. 3rd place gets 1 point, 2nd place gets 2 points and 1st place (last survivor) gets 3 points. I created this idea due to the insufficient usage of the "Mine" map which I felt has not been touched in a long time. All opinions are welcome.
    After a quick test we've done in-game, I believe it'll work and we should even add more twists for this event. Maybe some room-modifiers will do the work - we'll see, in case we get to test it out in the Event Channel.
    +1.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

15. The following user said thank you to TomasEdison for this useful post:

Eeksdee (04-27-2021)

Cutie's Avatar May

Country
    Thanks

Map/Location:

Spoiler!

I like this idea, sounds really fun. The concept is similar to Meteor Shower, but you will be using Admin Grenade Launcher.
    And as TomasEdison said, we should try to add more twist for this event to be more challenging.

Question: What is the use of the Admin Dagger for?
    Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.

~

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cutie View Post
    I like this idea, sounds really fun. The concept is similar to Meteor Shower, but you will be using Admin Grenade Launcher.
    And as TomasEdison said, we should try to add more twist for this event to be more challenging.

Question: What is the use of the Admin Dagger for?
    It's to ensure easier climb up the walls plus stab anyone that goes above the line.

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread Information