Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    You say that the rule is out of touch with the community, but I literally, during that event, had someone tell me that when they see someone always winning and hoarding all the event points then there's no point in competing. We started with I think 7 players and ended up with just 4, and the other two weren't the original players we started with. That meant 5 players outright left in the middle of the event. If we let players have +15 every set and lock out every other newer player then people just won't play.

"Git gud" is always an answer of course but nobody will get good if they won't play events since they never win anything anyway. Having fun isn't always just about winning, but there's nothing fun about always losing either. I understand that it feels like you're being punished for being really good at the game, but that's not the case. It's just that people who can't win points will think its futile to even participate, so they don't. Even you don't like it when you don't win points, which drove you to make this suggestion. I think +3 is a good balance of keeping events as fun to as many people as possible while still making them reasonably competitive.

I think that pretty much sums up what I personally think about the 3-point max rule. Of course, I don't speak for the other ETs.
    All of what you said in this part is agreeing with me, but its avoiding the main problem - you consider the 3 point limit to be good, but at the same time, you have a guy whisper you that they see someone always winning, thus theres no point in competing, despite the 3 point cap. Additionally, 5 players outright left in the middle, despite the 3 point cap. This just very simply proves what i said, that the rule doesnt do what it was set out to do. Those 5 players could have probably finished the map in the remaining 2 rounds, but they left before they had a chance to. I'm not here to tell you to let people win +15 in one set, but you need to consider other options if you genuinely dont want players to feel like they have no chance to win if you dont want to tell them "Git gud".
    Last edited by Bunny; 03-08-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Thread Information