Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Since you guys have been saying that you wanted to add variety to dodgeball using the new rockets (when it hasn't always worked out well), I (with the help of bram) came up with 2 new options for tags you can add to dodgeball to make it more interesting and fun to the players, something new that they've never had to deal with before in dodgeball events. This does not mean you stop using the new rockets, but I believe they would be better suited for this modification than they would a standard dodgeball event, especially fire and poison.

• Option one: Add the following tags: [G5][J22]. This means players jump about the same distance upwards, but jumping overall takes considerably more time to complete, giving a sense of floatation and a requirement to 'lead' the rockets before passing above them, because if they jump and immediately pass over rockets, they would explode having not jumped high enough. This is considered the harder of the 2 options, because its not easy to lead.
    • Option two: Add the following tags: [G300][J180]. Same concept as before, except now the overall time that takes to reach the ground again after jumping is very short, meaning players will have to jump right when the rocket is about to hit them. I believe it opens up alot of options for the host, because jumping while shooting and moving side to side creates a very narrow opening to go under, that just about fits one player's width.

And another event suggestion:
    Minefield
    Tags: [G20][ESP][VAMP][GLAD][S200]
    Description: This event is hosted in the DBZ map, team training with FF on. Players are required to equip training swords. At the start of the round, the host will freeze players inside one of the rooms/sides. He will then create 5-6 rows of mines separated more or less equally, like this:
    Spoiler!

Afterwards, he will summon 2 random players and unfreeze both, and they shall play a 1v1 in the open area, where the objective is (using a training sword) to push the opponent to hit a mine or to suicide by pushing him off the map. Since players have 1 hp due to VAMP, they will die from 1 mine. The person who didnt die in the 1v1 or survived longer than his opponent goes onto the next round, which means he will be frozen in the other room where players aren't.
    Rules: No equipping anything other than training sword, no forcelagging/spiking. Latejoin is off.
    Prize: After several rounds of 1v1's going from 1 base side to the other, 3 players will remain. Those 3 are winners, and then they play a 1v1v1 where first to die gets +1, second to die gets +2, last alive/third to die gets +3.
    Note: With an odd number of players, or in general, it is possible to do a 1v1v1 to either speed things up or make it an even number of players or make it more interesting, but its somewhat less enjoyable because theres no feeling of a duel between players (somewhat less of a skill expression).
    Last edited by Bunny; 11-15-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Thread Information