Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Justin Imitating View Post
    Just because It takes you a certain allotted amount of time , Doesn't Give you the right to just how much effort I put into my work. So no It does not give you any right. Second My textures are not the best in the world because I just started learning gimp & Textures yesterday. So therefore even if they are not any good in your "Taste" , to me I think i did well for a beginner. Unlike the guy and or girl who thinks I put no effort & or time into my learning/work.
    (Not trying to insult you or anything but don't judge how much effort I actually put into this sword and blender, Just tell me where to improve and if you feel like it how.)
    I'm telling you how to improve by putting more effort and time into it, I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm trying to help you become a better 3D artist or whatever. I'm simply saying what you need to do in order to achieve something better, and I'm showing you how that is supposed to look like, or at least a direction.

And just something from my perspective, there are no "good for beginner" things, there is simply no such thing like that. There is a model, a texture and some more things and all together combined with the requirements / goal it becomes somethings that is either good or bad, or close to any of the two. So yes, you're a beginner but you can't simply use the excuse that it's your first try, it has to be good and you should always try to make the best. And yes you need to make mistakes in order to learn, but just don't go to easy on yourself.

2. The following user said thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Justin Imitating (09-16-2013)

Justin Imitating's Avatar That Guy

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    I'm telling you how to improve by putting more effort and time into it, I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm trying to help you become a better 3D artist or whatever. I'm simply saying what you need to do in order to achieve something better, and I'm showing you how that is supposed to look like, or at least a direction.

And just something from my perspective, there are no "good for beginner" things, there is simply no such thing like that. There is a model, a texture and some more things and all together combined with the requirements / goal it becomes somethings that is either good or bad, or close to any of the two. So yes, you're a beginner but you can't simply use the excuse that it's your first try, it has to be good and you should always try to make the best. And yes you need to make mistakes in order to learn, but just don't go to easy on yourself.
    See now you're misunderstanding me , In your "taste" you thought it was bad . So I want to improve on it but I do believe it looks fine to me. But I do want EVERYONE to like it so that's why i take/need criticism. Also Being a Beginner is not an excuse it's actually to inform you that if you're giving criticism to add how should i approach the problem. Instead of the usually jokes about the texture. (Which anyone who's reading this making jokes isn't helpful and I consider it spam.)
    And yes I really do find your criticism very helpful slugheady , I really want more people like you helping out.

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Justin Imitating View Post
    See now you're misunderstanding me , In your "taste" you thought it was bad . So I want to improve on it but I do believe it looks fine to me. But I do want EVERYONE to like it so that's why i take/need criticism. Also Being a Beginner is not an excuse it's actually to inform you that if you're giving criticism to add how should i approach the problem. Instead of the usually jokes about the texture. (Which anyone who's reading this making jokes isn't helpful and I consider it spam.)
    And yes I really do find your criticism very helpful slugheady , I really want more people like you helping out.
    It's good to hear people actually appreciate criticism. All I can say now is keep up your spirit and improvement. I could help you much more when you'd use 3DS max, since I'm using that as well. Thanks to you sir and good luck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information