Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    Never seen steel with horizontal fractures...
    I lol'd for a second there.

Justin Imitating's Avatar That Guy

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Steel usually is shiny or has some sort of reflections, concrete has a pattern something like your steel is having. lol
    4th picture is up , Is that better?

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Justin Imitating View Post
    4th picture is up , Is that better?
    Makes more sense, but still far from any good.

You're supposed to unwrap the model and paint the texture yourself (well thats what I suggest). I don't know how that works exactly @ blender, but there should be ways. Then you should learn how to textures the blade, my advice is google for bleach weapons, they make a rather strong and easy contrast on how to make it look simple 'n easy.

Thanks
    Makes more sense, but still far from any good.

You're supposed to unwrap the model and paint the texture yourself (well thats what I suggest). I don't know how that works exactly @ blender, but there should be ways. Then you should learn how to textures the blade, my advice is google for bleach weapons, they make a rather strong and easy contrast on how to make it look simple 'n easy.
    I did unwrap the model but I didn't make the texture's myself. I just used gimp and overlay to cover that parts of the sword that needed the texture.(AND 5th pic is up lmfao)

Google's Avatar 눈 ͜ಎ눈

Thanks
    You actually did a pretty nice texture IMHO c:

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Thank you

Thanks
    I did unwrap the model but I didn't make the texture's myself. I just used gimp and overlay to cover that parts of the sword that needed the texture.(AND 5th pic is up lmfao)
    You should stick a little more time and effort into your work, you're done way to quickly. A good model, unwrap and texture takes time. In the beginning people tend to rush up their work because they're happy about it and think its good, but always 2nd guess your own work and try to keep improving it. I mean, you should see for yourself that the textures you're using aren't really working all that well.

Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about lol.

P.S. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just telling you what to improve

Thanks
    You should stick a little more time and effort into your work, you're done way to quickly. A good model, unwrap and texture takes time. In the beginning people tend to rush up their work because they're happy about it and think its good, but always 2nd guess your own work and try to keep improving it. I mean, you should see for yourself that the textures you're using aren't really working all that well.

Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about lol.

P.S. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just telling you what to improve
    I understand that but the reason I even post my work here to get criticism on what to improve and how. It's not because I'm "happy" about it, Also Time and effort? Now that I don't think you have any right to judge that.

Thanks
    I understand that but the reason I even post my work here to get criticism on what to improve and how. It's not because I'm "happy" about it, Also Time and effort? Now that I don't think you have any right to judge that.
    Well, I guess I do. Simply by the fact of seeing the time between your "pics". Let me give you an unwrap of what I'm currently working on: http://puu.sh/4t0Hi.png and the texture (still working on it): http://puu.sh/4t0IB.jpg Those took quite a lot of time, and you should try to reach at least the same (because those aren't really any good).

Thanks
    Well, I guess I do. Simply by the fact of seeing the time between your "pics". Let me give you an unwrap of what I'm currently working on: http://puu.sh/4t0Hi.png and the texture (still working on it): http://puu.sh/4t0IB.jpg Those took quite a lot of time, and you should try to reach at least the same (because those aren't really any good).
    Just because It takes you a certain allotted amount of time , Doesn't Give you the right to just how much effort I put into my work. So no It does not give you any right. Second My textures are not the best in the world because I just started learning gimp & Textures yesterday. So therefore even if they are not any good in your "Taste" , to me I think i did well for a beginner. Unlike the guy and or girl who thinks I put no effort & or time into my learning/work.
    (Not trying to insult you or anything but don't judge how much effort I actually put into this sword and blender, Just tell me where to improve and if you feel like it how.)
    P.S. also side note , When someone says put more "time and effort". It implies that I did not try to do my best or try at all. Which is kind of a low blow.
    Last edited by Justin Imitating; 09-16-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information