Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Taokaka's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks

My personal favorite out of the stack is the Zed one (middle). Lemme know what you guys think!

Resort's Avatar Aloha

Country
    Thanks
    i like the zed one too nice work

Google's Avatar 눈 ͜ಎ눈

Thanks
    I don't like the first one;
    The other 2 are epic c:

Banned

Thanks
    1 a 2 are epic

Lemonish's Avatar Equality.

Thanks
    You have a very nice taste, style and choice of renders along with colors. I like all of them, but you seem to prefer hiding a part of the text, why? Texts you've shown us are perfectly made and worth to be completely shown.
    I can barely see the "S" in the last signature, but overall your work is really great and astounding. However, I was going to ask 1 question, how do you exactly create your backgrounds (The Zed one). I really liked it as well.

Rhysin's Avatar Freestyler

Thanks
    I only really liked the 1st one. The second and third felt lacking in effects and the 3rd one looks blurry on the render.

--

Country
    Thanks
    i like 3rd one gg

μ

Country
    Thanks
    The 2nd one honestly looks absolutely amazing! It's just such a shame that some of the text is hidden by the ninja render.

Blade's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    I like the 1st and 2nd one but the third one for me is ok but keep working on them

Taokaka's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Thanks for the feed back everyone!

@Rhysin: I actually never touched the render with blurs and stuff so its most likely just the art style. I completely agree with the lack of effects, although I was mostly practicing smudging techniques so I wanted them to be clearly visible. Actually I've had the same exact thing said about the third but not so much the second one. Even so still a very valid point.

Originally Posted by Lemonish View Post
    You have a very nice taste, style and choice of renders along with colors. I like all of them, but you seem to prefer hiding a part of the text, why? Texts you've shown us are perfectly made and worth to be completely shown.
    I can barely see the "S" in the last signature, but overall your work is really great and astounding. However, I was going to ask 1 question, how do you exactly create your backgrounds (The Zed one). I really liked it as well.
    Honestly I don't have a solid reason as to why I partially hide the text, I kinda just like the way it looks. But I get the same comments from my other critics else where so you'd be spot on with that one. I'll try to work with the placement a bit more so that the text has a more universal appeal and is also a bit more legible.

As for the background in the zed signature its purely smudging. Smudging is a very profound technique are there are a lot of ways to do it. In this particular one I used a small hard round brush(22px) with pen pressure and made small crescent movements along where the colors met. As for actually getting the colors in there I used a separate render that had a similar color scheme and I copied it twice throughout the background and then drew long lines with the same colors to fill in white areas. Lastly I went in with a soft round brush and added in some light dots set to linear dodge and smudged about half of them and left the other half in tact.

If there is anything that was unclear feel free to ask more questions. Also if you wanna see some tutorials i'd be down to write some.

11. The following user said thank you to Taokaka for this useful post:

Rhysin (09-24-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information