Avatus Ifrit's Avatar the Legacy of Salem
    been pretty stacked with work lately, but despite that I've still managed to do a few projects

Renders :

pictures and variations:

Reference images?)

2. The following user said thank you to Avatus Ifrit for this useful post:

Taokaka (10-04-2013)

Banned

Thanks
    Those shits are cool. Good job there man.

4. The following user said thank you to Hope for this useful post:

Avatus Ifrit (10-04-2013)

Banned

Thanks
    You're ****ing best!

6. The following user said thank you to Lader Jr for this useful post:

Taokaka's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Godlike, that is some of the sexiest looking hair I've ever seen. Keep up the good work!

8. The following user said thank you to Taokaka for this useful post:

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    What the ****, I'm going to be an asshole but seriously why don't you try to make 1 good one instead of making a whole bunch where neither are good? Like, the faces / detail in your drawings look like a 4 year old made them. And I'm not trying to be rude but I seriously hope you notice that it looks like you painted some noses / mouths and eyes just on top of a face, like pasting it on the faces. You should invest more time in the face instead of making a fancy background.

10. The following user said thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Rhysin (10-04-2013)

EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    There is just something about how they resemble flat faced zombies. Please work more on your drawings and your details on the faces before sprucing them up with a fancy background. The faces just seem too "alien" and dead to be considered a human being. Sorry...

Avatus Ifrit's Avatar the Legacy of Salem
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    What the ****, I'm going to be an asshole but seriously why don't you try to make 1 good one instead of making a whole bunch where neither are good? Like, the faces / detail in your drawings look like a 4 year old made them. And I'm not trying to be rude but I seriously hope you notice that it looks like you painted some noses / mouths and eyes just on top of a face, like pasting it on the faces. You should invest more time in the face instead of making a fancy background.
    A) Let's not be a hypocrite. Don't imply that you're going to be an asshole when you're critiquing art, and then turn around and say you're not trying to be rude. Clearly you've stated that your intending to be an asshole from the start

B) A four year old? Really? I have never in my life seen a four year old make a picture even close to as detailed as any of those. Most four year old's don't even know how to write their own name, let alone create an image that resembles a ****ing person, before using comparisons, use your brain so that you can pick out an appropriate age comparison, instead of looking like a tool.

C) The "Fancy" background took me a whole 5 minutes, if that, of repositioning layers of C4D images. The face is what I always start with, and I generally spend 30-60, sometimes even more time just on that alone. Generally I draw a rough sketch, do the faces highlights and shadows, and then use a black brush to define details(such as the eyes, nose, and lip, like they teach you in any art school) most people who mix line art with paint or watercolor styles literally do make a face, and then compose darker details such as the eyes and nose and lips as though they'd "pasted the face on there," I have no intention on going into full detail on a face...I go for a surrealistic anime style, it's not suppose to resemble a humans face down to a science.

D)There is a nice way to say things. If you insist on judging people's art, I'd suggest you take a lighter more appropriate approach when you feel the need to critique. It's not necessary to demoralize people the way you do. Instead of a simple "Work on the face a little more" you went to the lengths of comparing my art to that of a four year olds, and continued to demoralize. I don't mind critique, but I certainly mind harsh and hurtful critique. I generally prefer it from artists as-well...since I've never seen anything you've produced, I'm sorry to say, but I hold very little value to your judgement.

Originally Posted by EpicKLF View Post
    There is just something about how they resemble flat faced zombies. Please work more on your drawings and your details on the faces before sprucing them up with a fancy background. The faces just seem too "alien" and dead to be considered a human being. Sorry...
    Thanks for being nice about the critique, but its hard to put faith in it, given you'd posted only moments after the guy above you and made basically the same exact statement(with a nicer tone).

I would also like to point out that when I upload images to these forums, it is automatically resized, so details are often lost in the shrunken version of each image.. This is the face of the flowers render I'd made. You honestly compare that to a four year old's drawing?
    Last edited by Avatus Ifrit; 10-06-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    '-' To reiterate (at this point) the face does need some work) It seems kinda a dull focal point atm. It's odly lifeless in the sense. I'd say maybe make it smaller a bit or add more too it like complexion or some such thing. I think saying its bad is not really accurate. It's dull is what it is but its not bad.

The hair is pretty good in my opinion, and I like the coat picture that has the filter on it but the armor is kinda meh.

Alpha's Avatar Fresh to Death

Country
    Thanks
    I always like Dot's work. It's usually vibrant.
    I like that it the work doesn't feel stale once you look at it for a long time.

15. The following user said thank you to Alpha for this useful post:

Avatus Ifrit (10-06-2013)

Lemonish's Avatar Equality.

Thanks
    Dem green detailed eyes with the sleek golden hair *-*
    Well done, try keeping the black outlines if you use ones, maybe it'll look better with them.

Last edited by Lemonish; 10-06-2013 at 12:28 PM.

17. The following user said thank you to Lemonish for this useful post:

Avatus Ifrit (10-06-2013)

Thread Information