• Option 1

12 37.50%
  • Option 2

20 62.50%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Thanks
    Okay kiddies... for once in my life, I will let you choose your fate instead of deciding it for you. You have two choices:

Option 1: The anti-hack gets a kernel mode driver. This will do a MUCH better job of stopping hacks before they can start... at the injection level. This patches ALL hacks currently out there. Only downsides of this option is that it might not work for some people, I have to have 2 different drivers (x86 and x64), I have to **** around with your operating system, and it is an extremely invasive process. Please note that when I saw "invasive", I don't say it lightly. The DLL will be using techniques used in rootkits, keyloggers, and malware in general. Your AV will HATE it, and some versions of windows might not even load it. Also, if I make even the tiniest mistake, I could BSOD your system.

Option 2: The anti-hack stays in userland. Several hacks will stay "quickpatched". That is, I can't do a REAL patch of them, so I throw together some ugly code to do a specialized blocking. It works well against DLLs and the like, but does terribly against trainers.

It's up to you. Vote away. When I'm in a more code-ready mood, I'll check back here and implement accordingly.

NOTE: Option 1 is like signing the Patriot Act. READ IT CAREFULLY. You would be selling your "freedom" to stop "terrorists". Please vote accordingly.
    Last edited by wowus; 08-15-2009 at 11:09 PM.

Thread Information