Nice !! I wanna have 1!
    #NOROOMTAG2014

]IGN :^CC^5rokor^Co^D , Kracoko

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    Sadface.

I just hate all the C4DS and lens flares everyone uses; They are way overdone, and I feel that a signature can be so much more than blending a render with a background, that is why I did this.

I will work on some other things, I just wanted something unique, but if you do not like it, I apologize it isn't in your taste.
    I'm sorry if my opinion hurts you feelings, Just continue making more signatures and you'll be a known gfxer in the future

Taokaka's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    Sadface.

I just hate all the C4DS and lens flares everyone uses; They are way overdone, and I feel that a signature can be so much more than blending a render with a background, that is why I did this.

I will work on some other things, I just wanted something unique, but if you do not like it, I apologize it isn't in your taste.
    Scan lines are just as overused as c4d and lens flares. Them being "overdone" is also in the eye of the beholder. There is nothing wrong with wanting something unique, in fact, I completely respect what you've gone for here. I actually have no problems with it. But clearly your idea of signatures is pretty warped. Signatures ARE more than just blending a render into a background. Did anyone ever tell you differently? Honestly some of my favorite signatures on this forum are just Kira's random anime screen caps with color correction. Most of what you see is people practicing effects, which in turn, allows them to accomplish more with later projects. But you get absolutely zero extra points for having something different, just so you know. The aim should always be appeal, not trying to be hipster.

Anyways with all that being said. This is a good signature. I love the colors and composition(cept the hands, not really a fan of the hands. But like you just capped the bakemono ending so it'd be kinda hard to take them out.). I also like what you went for with expanding outside of the boarder. The only problem with that is it scroll bars your signature and cuts it off and the seriously bugs me. Next time around i'd adjust the sizes to avoid that.

I when I'm evaluating things I always like to separate appeal from the technical aspect. Obviously scoring this on a technical aspect would be pointless because that wasn't the aim.

Over all I'd give it a 8/10.

Kyotouryuu's Avatar Wetwork Member

Thanks
    im not a big fan of layers like that, best sigs are the ones made from scratch. but very impressive attempt keep up the good work.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taokaka View Post
    Scan lines are just as overused as c4d and lens flares. Them being "overdone" is also in the eye of the beholder. There is nothing wrong with wanting something unique, in fact, I completely respect what you've gone for here. I actually have no problems with it. But clearly your idea of signatures is pretty warped. Signatures ARE more than just blending a render into a background. Did anyone ever tell you differently? Honestly some of my favorite signatures on this forum are just Kira's random anime screen caps with color correction. Most of what you see is people practicing effects, which in turn, allows them to accomplish more with later projects. But you get absolutely zero extra points for having something different, just so you know. The aim should always be appeal, not trying to be hipster.

Anyways with all that being said. This is a good signature. I love the colors and composition(cept the hands, not really a fan of the hands. But like you just capped the bakemono ending so it'd be kinda hard to take them out.). I also like what you went for with expanding outside of the boarder. The only problem with that is it scroll bars your signature and cuts it off and the seriously bugs me. Next time around i'd adjust the sizes to avoid that.

I when I'm evaluating things I always like to separate appeal from the technical aspect. Obviously scoring this on a technical aspect would be pointless because that wasn't the aim.

Over all I'd give it a 8/10.
    Changed height to fit without a bar, as for everything else, it is all my opinion, you can disagree with it all that you want. I am not trying to be a hipster, honestly I still do not understand what that term even means, all i know is some things are in every single sig I see, and I think variation is key in the artworld, graphical and non-graphical alike. It isn't about 'points' or notoriety, its about expressing yourself, how in the hell can someone express themselves when they are confined to the same process 10 million people have done prior.

Originally Posted by Kyotouryuu View Post
    im not a big fan of layers like that, best sigs are the ones made from scratch. but very impressive attempt keep up the good work.
    Do not follow you completely, very very very few sigs are done from scratch... I honestly don't think I have seen a person go from making a render to finishing a sig... like... ever. Signatures are notorious for the concept of reusing someone elses work and making it your own.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 10-08-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks
    Very nice Lucas.
    Love the bubbles aha

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Cont Comment to Toakaka... I finally got on my laptop:

I do understand the point that for alot of people use signatures for practice, and I may have mislooked that when I typed that comment, so I do apologize for that.

I personally just think outside the box, maybe a little too much so, and as such sometimes my statements may come off as edgy.
    I honestly am just trying to make others understand that in art there is no one right way to do things.

8. The following user said thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

Rhysin (10-09-2013)

Taokaka's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Didnt even see that other post
    Last edited by Taokaka; 10-08-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information