Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Country
    Thanks

We're back, or rather I'm back with Dev Blog updates.
    It's been a busy past few weeks and I figured the community could use an update from whats going on with the coding side of things. Regardless, I'll also cover a few concerns for people.

---------------------------

First and foremost the "issue" of anti-lead.
    I still firmly stand by the belief that there is nothing wrong and I am open to seeing replays that could prove me wrong. (I clearly have not gotten any yet, just a lot of talk.) However I do acknowledge that there is a slight possibility (though unlikely) that in the type of packets it transmits there could potentially be an issue. (1 shotgun shot = 12 packets) This will most likely be consolidated and fixed but besides that, so far nothing else comes to mind.

Secondly, F* spam prevention will be taking place.
    Should be self explanatory.

An auto record function will also be going in.
    I'm not a big fan of this, it's not hard to just press f11 or whatever but its simple enough to add. We will also work on naming conventions of recordings a bit, the old GunZXXX model will not be coming back but we may make this one more legible quickly.

A whisper suggestion proposed by Kira a long time ago will be considered.
    It will only allow whispers from specific groups of people. (clan members / friends).

Snipers will be looked at in order to fix the issue of SSing with a sniper and killing someone within a matter of 2 seconds. A sniper should be used from range so either a damage reduction in close range or a delay before someone can shoot after loading into the scope will be discussed internally and decided upon.

I'll look into making the ignore list into a permanent / semi permanent thing rather than resetting ever time you start FGunZ but that is not a major priority.

On top of all those updates we will be conducting a lot of back end fixes and optimization. Hopefully they will get rid of any potential crashing still in FGunZ.
    This will also allow me to potentially lay some ground work for updates in the future and increase our server's security.

---------------------------

As always, I am open to discussion here or in my private messages as well as questions, comments, or any other concerns.
    Please don't make useless posts I will report you.

2. The following 12 users say thank you to 1mike1 for this useful post:

Adopt (10-16-2013), Cobra (10-15-2013), Divine (10-22-2013), iReflex (10-15-2013), Izzat (10-15-2013), Kira (10-15-2013), Lilith (10-15-2013), McSic (10-20-2013), Nuva (10-15-2013), simple (11-06-2013), Steff (10-15-2013), SuperShotty (10-15-2013)

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Well good things I hear. With the anti-lead issue personally I've only had few issues as before. So it's a least concern right now to me.

Sniper update looking good. As much as I've gotten used to them, it is annoying regarding the manner in which they are used.

And then the other small things. I think the auto-replay is just for the sole fact some people just simply don't want to keep pressing F11. Yes it is lazy, but it's 2013 where everyone is a lazy asshole anyways so it's quite fitting.

Lastly, I want to confirm is [V] getting fixed from being a static 125/100 to a cap instead? I am really getting tired of people abusing E-weight rings with 1 hit nades without receiving the negative bonuses which are placed for a reason. It makes for extremely lazy kills especially in AnD matches.

4. The following user said thank you to Dualage for this useful post:

Lilith (10-15-2013)

Izzat's Avatar ded

Country
    Thanks
    I don't get the recording part on 'GunZXXX' thing. Are the XXX supposed to be the number of recording or what ?

Aeolin's Avatar Too much tinder bitches

Thanks
    I think the sniping issue balances out because of; Not much people can snipe close range. But I understand it's anoying.. still too bad tho

ING: Cloud

Clan: Admin of Fear.

Thanks
    I love Sniping and I don't think they should be nurfed as it takes skill to use them, most people just rage about them because they can't be asked to practice with them.
    And this anti lead should be fixed, I don't have a replay but its awful.

8. The following user said thank you to iReflex for this useful post:

Aeolin (10-15-2013)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post

An auto record function will also be going in.
    I'm not a big fan of this, it's not hard to just press f11 or whatever but its simple enough to add. We will also work on naming conventions of recordings a bit, the old GunZXXX model will not be coming back but we may make this one more legible quickly.

i love u
    ^1Cabel
    Rolab

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    Lastly, I want to confirm is [V] getting fixed from being a static 125/100 to a cap instead? I am really getting tired of people abusing E-weight rings with 1 hit nades without receiving the negative bonuses which are placed for a reason. It makes for extremely lazy kills especially in AnD matches.
    I like to see this in the near future, you have my vote on this wonderful suggestion.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post

This was supposed to happen a while ago and it seemed to have slipped through the cracks. I'll ensure that this get fixed as well.

12. The following 4 users say thank you to 1mike1 for this useful post:

Dualage (10-15-2013), Godzkiller (11-14-2013), Lilith (10-15-2013), StephanM (10-15-2013)

Nuva's Avatar Event Spammer

Thanks
    Can we just straight up remove flash grenades? It seems like they only cause issues anyways...

Other than that the updates look great
    Too Legit.

14. The following 2 users say thank you to Nuva for this useful post:

iReflex (10-15-2013), Steff (10-15-2013)

Kira's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    A whisper suggestion proposed by Kira a long time ago will be considered.
    It will only allow whispers from specific groups of people. (clan members / friends).
    I like this one. Finally no more useless spam.

Originally Posted by Nuva View Post
    Can we just straight up remove flash grenades? It seems like they only cause issues anyways...

Other than that the updates look great
    Add admin flash & smoke pls.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information