Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Country
    Thanks

We're back, or rather I'm back with Dev Blog updates.
    It's been a busy past few weeks and I figured the community could use an update from whats going on with the coding side of things. Regardless, I'll also cover a few concerns for people.

---------------------------

First and foremost the "issue" of anti-lead.
    I still firmly stand by the belief that there is nothing wrong and I am open to seeing replays that could prove me wrong. (I clearly have not gotten any yet, just a lot of talk.) However I do acknowledge that there is a slight possibility (though unlikely) that in the type of packets it transmits there could potentially be an issue. (1 shotgun shot = 12 packets) This will most likely be consolidated and fixed but besides that, so far nothing else comes to mind.

Secondly, F* spam prevention will be taking place.
    Should be self explanatory.

An auto record function will also be going in.
    I'm not a big fan of this, it's not hard to just press f11 or whatever but its simple enough to add. We will also work on naming conventions of recordings a bit, the old GunZXXX model will not be coming back but we may make this one more legible quickly.

A whisper suggestion proposed by Kira a long time ago will be considered.
    It will only allow whispers from specific groups of people. (clan members / friends).

Snipers will be looked at in order to fix the issue of SSing with a sniper and killing someone within a matter of 2 seconds. A sniper should be used from range so either a damage reduction in close range or a delay before someone can shoot after loading into the scope will be discussed internally and decided upon.

I'll look into making the ignore list into a permanent / semi permanent thing rather than resetting ever time you start FGunZ but that is not a major priority.

On top of all those updates we will be conducting a lot of back end fixes and optimization. Hopefully they will get rid of any potential crashing still in FGunZ.
    This will also allow me to potentially lay some ground work for updates in the future and increase our server's security.

---------------------------

As always, I am open to discussion here or in my private messages as well as questions, comments, or any other concerns.
    Please don't make useless posts I will report you.

2. The following 12 users say thank you to 1mike1 for this useful post:

Adopt (10-16-2013), Cobra (10-15-2013), Divine (10-22-2013), iReflex (10-15-2013), Izzat (10-15-2013), Kira (10-15-2013), Lilith (10-15-2013), McSic (10-20-2013), Nuva (10-15-2013), simple (11-06-2013), Steff (10-15-2013), SuperShotty (10-15-2013)

Thread Information