Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Izzat's Avatar ded

Country
    Thanks
    Mike, is it possible to make a 'pause' system on Replays ? So that we can pause the replay and take screenshot for reports or so, instead of replaying it over and over again.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Izzat for this useful post:

Kira (10-21-2013), Steff (10-21-2013)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Apachi View Post
    Mike, is it possible to make a 'pause' system on Replays ? So that we can pause the replay and take screenshot for reports or so, instead of replaying it over and over again.
    Well you posted in the wrong thread but I was thinking about this last night and it would be ideal but I'm not 100% sure how possible it would be and it'll be something I'll have to look into.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Nerval View Post
    1. Current reward system should stay, yes it only rewards certain people, but those who are rewarded have put time and effort into the game. And coin prizes are useless if you already have all the needed donors. Clan War is inactive because of the community, most old players have quit and those who haven't simply play together in one of the very few good clans. Clanwar is the 'competitive' mode, so unless you are already really good, there is very little point in playing cw's. Also, rewarding people for losing is the stupidest thing you can do. Very easy to take advantage of, too.
    2. Remove landmines, or at least make them harder to abuse. I've had 4v4 clanwars when the entire enemy team was using them. Turns into a complete stalemate, some map/spawn combinations make winning literally impossible, providing the enemy team is not braindead.
    3. 1/2 hit-kill nades. Why are they in the game? They take absolutely no skill to use and are basically a free kill which takes no effort. Die->throw nade->get a kill->repeat. [V] tag makes them even more annoying. You are not helping people to improve by having them in the game.
    4. Donor pills/vials are totally broken. No, not overpowered, broken. Essentially a free win unless there is a HUGE difference in skill between the two clans. They need to be nerfed to oblivion.
    5. Insta Sword needs to go. The range on this thing is ridiculous, you get slash pb'd from nowhere, VERY annoying to play against in air. If it was meant for insta practice, keep it away from DM/TDM/CW etc. No, the lower damage is not a compensation. Vanilla GunZ never had an extended range sword for a reason.
    6. Make the game show the damage of every person on your team after the round ends You would need to somehow make it not look obnoxious, though. Or for cw's, integrate it into the scoreboard. The current system of displaying damage makes no sense. Half the time you don't even know much damage you had done.
    7. Lowering the stats on white sets by a little bit would perhaps be nice, they are universally the best sets to use in cw, maybe -1ap for every part of the set or something. I know some people who have trouble aiming them, not really an issue for me personally, though.
    8. SMG's are useless, make them a bit stronger. Some donors (ex. Fafnir Rifle) need a buff.
    9. Snipers are very annoying on certain maps, ex. Skillmap where one guy can just go to a faraway platform and snipe away. How to counter it? Either try to get close, which takes a lot of time and is not really safe or get a sniper rife yourself, which turns the room into a snipefest. I honestly don't know how to rebalance them though...
    10. Widescreen support with proper FOV support. Would effectively make the game display more of the map, but that's how many competitive games do it, like SC2 for example. Still, I don't know if its possible to code such a thing. As of now, the game doesn't have true widescreen support.
    That's all I can think of as of now.
    Totally agreeing with this.

Most important for me, keep the clan war rewarding system and nerf donor vials/pills.
    If you compare the reward system to sports or other game tournaments, the top 3/best players only get rewards.
    Why would you reward someone for loosing?

1700 damage in a 2v2 clan war without taking hp/ap. BROKEN
    Last edited by oli; 10-21-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Regret's Avatar it aint gonna suck itself

Thanks
    Originally Posted by oli View Post
    Totally agreeing with this.

Most important for me, keep the clan war rewarding system and nerf donor vials/pills.
    If you compare the reward system to sports or other game tournaments, the top 3/best players only get rewards.
    Why would you reward someone for loosing?

http://i44.tinypic.com/t81074.jpg

1700 damage in a 2v2 clan war without taking hp/ap. BROKEN
    did 1600+ too in town 2v2 cw (not even any hp/ap spawns in that map) and nobody died. those pills/vials are ridiculously OP.
    honestly i never used pills/vials at all until i came to this server & i only do on here because everyone else does so if you don't they have an edge on you (they heal faster, & if vials they heal a lot more than pmeds). but every other server i play i still use the regular pmeds & it feels more like gunz / more natural.

oh yeah something that should be included in changes if possible: clan chat filter does not work & if a lot are logged on it can be annoying at times
    Last edited by Regret; 10-21-2013 at 03:54 PM.
    Your words mean nothing to me cuz lions don't lose sleep over opinions of sheep.

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Something I also failed to mention was generally meds.

I find it odd that you have to PAY 400 coins for a set of meds that are just not as good as the vials you can get from the in-game shop at level 50. These vials heal a total of 180/180 per spawn whereas these donor meds only heal a total of 120/120 per spawn. It's pretty obvious that vials are much more efficient than fielded meds, so why is there a 33% healing bonus in items that are in the in-game shop rather than the donor meds?

Now, I'm not asking for anything like "OH BRING BACK CANES PLS THEY WERE BETTER DDDDDD=", but I think possibly making them AT LEAST an 8 clip, so that they can actually matter, is a viable option. This is just me thinking, but I think it would be better that way. Just do the math.

Jitse the god

Thanks
    Reduce players per clan to 10-15 max or even less ---> more clans ---> more cw + more competition.

Also put a price at dueltournament for top 3 players but only reset after 1 month or so, idk about price.

okok ty

Regret's Avatar it aint gonna suck itself

Thanks
    regarding clan war, there should be a rejoin clan war feature & the ability for another player to take someone's spot in case of disconnection &/or ddos. provided no more use the rejoin function than the original number of participants in the first round. so if it started out 3's, 4 can't use the rejoin feature to gain an unfair advantage. they would come into the clan war & then start from the next round. so if they join in the middle of the match they join it as if they're dead so they don't get an unfair advantage by having someone join in the middle of the match.

also if you want more people clan warring the ability to clan war either lead or antilead could possibly provide just that. honestly some people are on another level entirely with antilead & it causes others to not want to clan war. it's easy to 10/10 a target when you don't have to lead it, because the better players have had years practicing aiming at non-existent targets(leading) and being very careful with their shots. so a lot of people who aren't as experienced or just not as good in general probably don't want to go against people who continuously 2/3 shot them because of antilead(not saying this can't also be done with lead but its less likely). and all in all adding the option of lead clan war just brings more variety, & there's no bad in that. the way i'm presuming it would work is you check a box for lead or antilead(kind of how you select the clan balance feature) then you go on the clan board at the top & it shows whether you're up for lead or antilead with some type of symbol & how many you are up with 2/3/4 so the others know what you're up as and say 2 2v2's don't sit up wondering why they're not going into clan war because one could've selected lead and the other antilead.

edit: i understand why there is no avenger on this server (at least i think its because of [r]) having an avenger would ruin things. but i also realize adding something to combat against those who are limitbreaker users would also be good for players who aren't as fortunate as those with donors. i understand that the higher level non-donors are already 9 dmg & pretty much the same as red donor shotguns other than one negative shot per clip & delay. that's all good, but there's nothing at all to compete with the limitbreaker like a dumbed down non-donor version with less shots. i'd think a 10 dmg shotgun with 3 shots per clip would suffice for an avenger on this server, though again because of [r] in regular tdm's this really wouldn't work out. that's where as some people suggested a "clan war" shop for the new reward system could come in. maybe items that could say only be used in clan war.

..OR WE COULD JUST DO THE BEST THING AND REMOVE [R] CUZ THE SHIT RUINED GUNZ.. not jk but anyway. those are my opinions on some ways to make cw better.
    Last edited by Regret; 10-23-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    Your words mean nothing to me cuz lions don't lose sleep over opinions of sheep.

Chrysanthum's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Oh well, as it turns out this isn't the right gunz server for me afterall. These room modifiers just ruin the whole server, it isn't gunz anymore if you can just spam around like a retard without having to reload. One of the gunz's main aspects was that you had to play smart, aim and spare your ammo in order to win. In this server most of the rooms have [IA] and [R] enabled which is just plain boring. I am quite sure if you removed these modifiers there would be more players in this server since people want a gunz server that's similar to the original server.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people might appear bright until you hear them speak.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Chrysanthum View Post
    Oh well, as it turns out this isn't the right gunz server for me afterall. These room modifiers just ruin the whole server, it isn't gunz anymore if you can just spam around like a retard without having to reload. One of the gunz's main aspects was that you had to play smart, aim and spare your ammo in order to win. In this server most of the rooms have [IA] and [R] enabled which is just plain boring. I am quite sure if you removed these modifiers there would be more players in this server since people want a gunz server that's similar to the original server.
    I understand where you're coming from but if people wanted that then they can just make a room without the tags? The tags aren't used in cw so it doesn't affect the competitive side of Gunz.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Chrysanthum View Post
    I agree with you. Most of the roomtags should only be used in training rooms.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information