Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    Well I just finished re-watching Code Geass and I think I should give my opinion on the ending of it.

I think everyone would love for a third season to come but I doubt that will happen seeing as though it has been so many years since the last season. Everyone should know that the ending of Code Geass was an open ending; meaning, you interpret it how you want to. This is what I think happened because it makes the most sense:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2205423AAblA6n

also

http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2...h-dead-or-not/

Each of the points posted in the link above are VERY strong points.
    Last edited by Farmer Bashy; 10-23-2013 at 08:50 PM.

ben105's Avatar Detective Conan

Country
    Thanks
    d that anime

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ben105 View Post
    d that anime
    Post again, this time in English.

ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    an s3 of CG would be pointless and imho it shouldve been a closed ending. the only thing i wish they would've added is what happens to the rest of them afterwards, but that can be done in an ova (or already has been done). also, one of my favourite endings ever.

really ruined it for me with the cart thing in the end. thing i noticed about it that it was too primitive to be set in Lelouches time so im still a bit skeptical
    Last edited by ZAIN; 10-23-2013 at 09:37 PM.

EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    As what Omar/Evils told me, Lelouch will be alive because, if I remember [spoiler] his dad was immortal because he has geass on both his eyes, so if that's true then Lelouch would also be immortal because he had geass on both his eyes at the end too. But that is what he thought would happen. I personally would prefer the ending to be a cliffhanger just to tease everyone and continue the trend of guessing the ending. Which they did.
    Please excuse me if i made a mistake in the story since this was told to me about half a year ago when I just finished watching the series too...

Country
    Thanks
    Spoiler!

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    an s3 of CG would be pointless and imho it shouldve been a closed ending. the only thing i wish they would've added is what happens to the rest of them afterwards, but that can be done in an ova (or already has been done). also, one of my favourite endings ever.

really ruined it for me with the cart thing in the end. thing i noticed about it that it was too primitive to be set in Lelouches time so im still a bit skeptical
    Honestly an open ending is the best way, because it will be on people's minds more than it would have been had it been an closed ending. It gets people wondering. And for that I understand why they did it.

And that is true, it does look a bit too primitive to be in Lelouch's era LOL.

Originally Posted by EpicKLF View Post
    As what Omar/Evils told me, Lelouch will be alive because, if I remember [spoiler] his dad was immortal because he has geass on both his eyes, so if that's true then Lelouch would also be immortal because he had geass on both his eyes at the end too. But that is what he thought would happen. I personally would prefer the ending to be a cliffhanger just to tease everyone and continue the trend of guessing the ending. Which they did.
    Please excuse me if i made a mistake in the story since this was told to me about half a year ago when I just finished watching the series too...
    Spoiler!

Country
    Thanks
    the thing about open endings is that they feel unfinished. i'm not sure how CG original work ends, but I think they only had the open ending cause of it's popularity and they didn't want to piss the fanbase off. i prefer an ending that wraps everything up and that really is an ending and not a 'to-be-continued'-ending that makes us wait for a next season which never comes. an anime like CG shouldn't have an 'and they all lived happily after' ending, it just doesnt fit

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    the thing about open endings is that they feel unfinished. i'm not sure how CG original work ends, but I think they only had the open ending cause of it's popularity and they didn't want to piss the fanbase off. i prefer an ending that wraps everything up and that really is an ending and not a 'to-be-continued'-ending that makes us wait for a next season which never comes. an anime like CG shouldn't have an 'and they all lived happily after' ending, it just doesnt fit
    Lol I agree with you. In my previous post I was just saying why an open ending is the best for the creators. And you also have some valid points.

Thread Information