Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Over the next couple of weeks I will working on a few projects, so I decided to make my first blog post. Stuff at school has mildly slowed down ('tis my top priority atm), and I cut some hours back at work, so for the first time since August I have some free time. I'm hoping to start working on some high quality projects for FG that can be placed in my portfolio for a BFA review next fall. (Seeing that I am going for a Masters, stuff like this will be quite important down the line).

Enough of my egotistical mumbo jumbo, you aren't here to read about my life story, so let's get down to business. None are in any particular order, I work on what I want to work on when I want to work on it. Some projects I may like, others not so much. No deadline is placed on anything (these things will be quality, so I plan to take my time on them). I will update this thread often, so check back every once in awhile and you can see what Mahou Shoujo Wucas does when he isn't saving the world from cute cat like aliens that use human emotion for energy (o yah and spoiler, heu heu heu heu).

New Launcher: I have some plans on working with a new launcher design completely. I do not know who created the last one, so do not take this move as offensive whoever you are, I just think it is time for a change. Visually speaking, I want to push it to the limit, and functionality, well I have been talking to everyones favorite black guy (Mike) about adding some more accessibility through the launcher itself. As some of you may be thinking, "But the launcher isn't a big deal, it just turns on the game," I would like to firmly disagree. The launcher is the first thing you see when you start a game; It is like the opening scene to a movie, meaning it is what: important. I have some rough sketches drawn up, but seeing that nothing is definite I have no visuals for you currently. I will be focusing on breaking the boxlike structure (much like the launchers of games like ESO, GW2, etc) and allowing the launcher to be much more than a Start button for GunZ.

Interface: As was hinted at in this post here (please continue voting), I have talked with the rest of the staff team over doing some interface changes in the coming months. Nothing is definite, but interface work is one of my favorite things in the development process, so if everything goes according to plan some grand things have been drawn up. Seeing that this is only in the brainstorming stage currently, I will keep you informed but a guarantee cannot be made.

Clothing: I am hoping to work on some clothing sets for GunZ, focusing first on everyone, then possibly Event Winners, Donors, and Tournament winners later on. Seeing that 3D design is actually outside my major, I have been focusing much more on Graphical pieces as of late rather than 3D meshes and such, but I plan on getting some pieces together here shortly. If you have any design ideas and concepts, I will be glad to take them, but please, I will not be remaking other games clothing, nor characters from TV and Anime. Give me a concept, not a character they are different things entirely (sketches/ designs of original characters, however, are welcome).

Emotes: Emotes are probably one of the most annoying things in GunZ (after Dave of course), but that is one of the reasons I love them. I plan on doing some new animations and (god forbid) some new sound recordings in which can be used ingame. Mike (again), I hope will help me in implementing some of these new emotes, and you can spam these all day with your macros or whatever you kids do nowadays. Suggestions on what I should make are welcome as long as it does not including a wrecking ball or an overplayed Korean pop song.

Maps (and a quest?): As a developer, I find scenes are one of my favorite things to create; The closest thing I can get to that in GunZ is a map. As some of my followers from RageZone and competing servers may know, I am dead set on creating a custom quest sometime, but I simply never get it finished, This time I am determined. We (some of the other developers and I) are brainstorming on pushing out a few stages of a new quest including some new monsters and maps over the new future. Although this project is a huge task, I really think we can get it this time. Everything is being rethought, including the reward system (wink wink), and possibly a new gamemode entirely. If the Interface is in the brainstorming stage, this is in the light thought shower stage, so there is still a lot involved before I can show you even concept art, but be aware we are thinking of it. As for other maps, I have been debating on pushing a visually sound skillmap, seeing that all of them are fcking ugly, but nothing is currently in the works yet.

Some other surprises are in the works, but seeing that I do not plan on spoiling everything, this is what you get today.

Any suggestions. ideas, comments, critiques, gibber gabber, plaver, yaking, or otherwise just talking, post below.
    I honestly would rather you post than you didn't, let us get this thread to 10 pages k? I am pretty much an open book, you can ask me basically anything.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 10-26-2013 at 04:39 AM.

2. The following 4 users say thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

Izzat (10-26-2013), Katsuro (11-05-2013), Lorrainé (10-26-2013), Moh (11-23-2013)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I see how it is, y u no mention our launcher talk .

Alpha's Avatar Fresh to Death

Country
    Thanks
    These are one of the many reasons I donate. Thanks Wucas, one of my favorite DEVs on this server!

I can't wait for the custom maps, quests, and clothes.

Keep it up!

Edit: Could you bring back candy cane meds (but lower the heal power) and possibly a new insta sword?
    Last edited by Alpha; 10-26-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Freestyler

Thanks
    new donor guns ty bb

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    new donor guns ty bb
    I don't do weapons, they are rather boring to me. Ask one of my fellow developers for your new weapons, I am sure some of them would be glad to make them (me though, not so much).

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    I'd honestly like to have a Miko/Shrine Maiden(priestess) set for females... however I cannot think of a male equivalent other than possibly a Shinto Priest. IDK, it'd be cool to see some armpits detached sleeves in action. The headpiece for the female set would be completely optional to whatever idea you may have. There's no "set" headwear for Mikos as far as I know.

Both concepts are pretty straight forward if you do consider the possibility. Just a random idea to throw out there ~da ze (okee I won't do that too often I promise)

Nuva's Avatar Event Spammer

Thanks
    In terms of clothes/sets alone this is what i'd love to see

LEVEL REQ CLOTHING SET. The stats on these should be no different than that of level 1 clothes, but its always cool to have something different that not everyone else has. Would be awesome to have level 80,90, & ESPECIALLY 99 sets. Try to make them cool and give people an incentive to reach level 99, because atm there are none.

DONOR SET. Would really like to see a new donor set but PLEASE make it look decent QQ. Its basically unanimously agreed upon that almost all previous donor sets look struggle af :l. Just make something that's really combat oriented similar to the sir protector or desert flame set. make it cool and make us WANT to buy it

But your projects look really sweet super excited for the updates to come for fgunz
    Too Legit.

Izzat's Avatar ded

Country
    Thanks
    Yay ! Can't wait for this to happen

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    New Launcher: I have some plans on working with a new launcher design completely. I do not know who created the last one, so do not take this move as offensive whoever you are, I just think it is time for a change. Visually speaking, I want to push it to the limit, and functionality, well I have been talking to everyones favorite black guy (Mike) about adding some more accessibility through the launcher itself. As some of you may be thinking, "But the launcher isn't a big deal, it just turns on the game," I would like to firmly disagree. The launcher is the first thing you see when you start a game; It is like the opening scene to a movie, meaning it is what: important. I have some rough sketches drawn up, but seeing that nothing is definite I have no visuals for you currently. I will be focusing on breaking the boxlike structure (much like the launchers of games like ESO, GW2, etc) and allowing the launcher to be much more than a Start button for GunZ.

Wrong, that'd be Bashy

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

11. The following user said thank you to Mime for this useful post:

Farmer Bashy (10-26-2013)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    Wrong, that'd be Bashy
    I used sarcasm of course.

Heu heu heu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information