Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Dave people that use hashtag are not idiots nor dumbasses its a thing in life can we please get it back ? #bringhashtagback

Charcoal's Avatar Jacob.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    I agree with Charcoal. I think forum moderator rules are supposed to be visible to any registered user, the ToS is basically a guideline for the forum moderators for when to give a warning on an infraction. But after some time, they might bind those rules to their own hand, and in those scenarios it'd be good for normal users to tell them as well that they were wrong not to punish, or to punish. Also, some staff members act quite immature some times, I think especially as a forum moderator you should always behave proper, some guidelines / public rules about that wouldn't hurt at all.
    Thank you for getting the point across.

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    They are fine.
    Yeah okay I've seen your staff rules, and most of the staff members don't even abide by them. I've seen staff members start an argument and flame at a user on many different occasions, but when a community member try's to react they are punished. What I'm trying to get at is instead of them just getting a warning which obviously doesn't mean anything because they continue to to do it, they should get the equal punishment that a normal member would get. That seems fair to me.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Charcoal View Post
    Thank you for getting the point across.

Yeah okay I've seen your staff rules, and most of the staff members don't even abide by them. I've seen staff members start an argument and flame at a user on many different occasions, but when a community member try's to react they are punished. What I'm trying to get at is instead of them just getting a warning which obviously doesn't mean anything because they continue to to do it, they should get the equal punishment that a normal member would get. That seems fair to me.
    In most cases it's started by the non-staff members, you then try to blame it on us of course.
    And no, we don't give them an equal punishment.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Genre's Avatar Syllable Sliding

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Apachi View Post
    Pls be more strict to those who use badwords or vulgar in non Rage/Ego Section.
    I actually agree with this one. Sometimes people go too far and there should be a defined line.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I forgot to mention we are giving a visual upgrade / fixes on simple tutorials (donation tutorial for example).
    Also we will add suggestion threads on what uploader is best/easiest to use for reports and such.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    I honestly think that the staff and the players should have a greater divide, at least professionally. Alot of the problems that take place, alot of the "aboose", is caused from staff being much too close to players and when personal disagreements form, both sides ignore they are personal and make it a "staff vs players" type of scenario. If we could enact guidelines when such events arise or possibly hand off touchy issues to other staff members, I think this would solve most problems.

Think of it this way, if I and a normal player have a problem, since I am involved in the issue I hand off the problem to Nagi seeing that he is a party that has better judgment in how to respond to the issue. This of course would only deal with the lower tier'd staff members, excluding administrative members from the checks and balances of the system.

It is cool the staff here is so close to the players, it is part of the reason I chose Freestyle over other communities, but it also leads to problems that can easily be avoided. Keep personal personal and professional professional, church and state people, they should never mix. If you feel they are mixing, find someone else to figure it out, most problems will be solved that way.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 10-30-2013 at 03:50 AM.

7. The following user said thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

Izzat (10-30-2013)

Person69's Avatar H03

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    I honestly think that the staff and the players should have a greater divide, at least professionally. Alot of the problems that take place, alot of the "aboose", is caused from staff being much too close to players and when personal disagreements form, both sides ignore they are personal and make it a "staff vs players" type of scenario. If we could enact guidelines when such events arise or possibly hand off touchy issues to other staff members, I think this would solve most problems.

Think of it this way, if I and a normal player have a problem, since I am involved in the issue I hand off the problem to Nagi seeing that he is a party that has better judgment in how to respond to the issue. This of course would only deal with the lower tier'd staff members, excluding administrative members from the checks and balances of the system.

It is cool the staff here is so close to the players, it is part of the reason I chose Freestyle over other communities, but it also leads to problems that can easily be avoided. Keep personal personal and professional professional, church and state people, they should never mix. If you feel they are mixing, find someone else to figure it out, most problems will be solved that way.
    Yes, I think that's pretty obvious that if a player reports a GM for "aboos" then clearly the GM being reported will not handle that report, that, is abuse.
    But I don't think that has anything to do with staff being too close to players. You don't know their relationships, what if they know each other in real life.
    Staff are required to act professional, that doesn't mean they can't be friends with players.
    Being staff shouldn't be an exclusive group of people with power, they should be regular players who moderate the game and have certain jobs to do.
    In no way does a GMs job become a hindrance if they are friends with a player. If a GMs friend is, for example, hacking, they will be reported most likely by another player and therefore they will be banned, by any GM.
    I strongly disagree with your argument that staff and players should have a "bigger divide" if anything that would cause more conflict and allow for more abuse.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    More information about some changes:
    • Adding an information thread in the Introduction & Goodbye section
    • Adding a list of suggestions we find useful to the [OFFICIAL] Suggestion thread (to prevent people are suggesting the same thing over and over...)
    • Extra content to the show respect thread
    • We will slightly adjust/add some rules to Clan section rules thread
    • Adding a tutorial to the clan section how to post your clan information
    • Slight adjustment on the Forum report format and guidelines
    • Slight adjustment to the Donation format thread
    • Adding a donation tutorial
    • Adding a supportive donation thread
    • Adding an 'all about VIP' thread

More to follow soon.

Note: This is just a setup of what you can expect to get changed or added in the following weeks.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gianpaolo View Post
    Yes, I think that's pretty obvious that if a player reports a GM for "aboos" then clearly the GM being reported will not handle that report, that, is abuse.
    But I don't think that has anything to do with staff being too close to players. You don't know their relationships, what if they know each other in real life.
    Staff are required to act professional, that doesn't mean they can't be friends with players.
    Being staff shouldn't be an exclusive group of people with power, they should be regular players who moderate the game and have certain jobs to do.
    In no way does a GMs job become a hindrance if they are friends with a player. If a GMs friend is, for example, hacking, they will be reported most likely by another player and therefore they will be banned, by any GM.
    I strongly disagree with your argument that staff and players should have a "bigger divide" if anything that would cause more conflict and allow for more abuse.
    Note I said professionally divided, never personally. When you are in a job, you are in a job; who you are friends with does not matter at that point. This is the same scenario here. People are favored, leniency is given to donators and friends of staff, etc; I see it and cannot be the only one that does.

When you are a staff member you can't treat players differently from person to person. Just because I dislike Mime (jk?) doesn't mean I act differently with him compared to say Bashy. Even if I just treat someone better than average, this creates an unfairness among users. In a personal relationship (friends, siblings, family, etc), it doesn't matter to me, but when it comes to Freestyle and Freestyle issues, I think sometimes we allow personnel to bleed into professional (myself included).

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    The start has began with changing a few threads (see the first post to see our changes).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information