Mara's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Threads are open forums for discussion, stop closing them so prudently. I've seen threads be revitalized after 3 years, I just started a thread asking why they close threads so much, and they one word anwser'd me and closed the thread(ironic). Anyways, what's your opinion? Do they close your threads too early? Or for insignificant reasons, like a single troll?

Google's Avatar 눈 ͜ಎ눈

Thanks
    You can always PM a Mod if you want to open your thread again to update/revise it.
    Last edited by Google; 11-04-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Mara's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Google View Post
    See? Threads become trash really fast.

You can always PM a Mod if you want to open your thread again to update/revise it.
    As I said in the initial post, one troll post doesn't make the thread trash.. the mods need to stop being so lazy and actually dedicate to keeping an eye on a thread, not just putting a stop to something that hasn't happened yet or closing it without reasoning other than the thread is dated, closing the door for future comments. I don't see the use of being so active when it comes to closing threads. If anything, I would be sending people PMs letting them know they're on thin ice, if they go about turning people's threads into "trash" as you so put.

Bud's Avatar I'm too old for this sh*t

Thanks
    Yeah I agree big time. I released 3 maps a while ago, and I like to check in on the threads and see if anyone has new opinions on my maps or any questions. I recently discovered every single map posting thread I have is now closed. I just have one ****ing question.. why?? Are my threads poisonous??

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    I think that the mods are just doing their jobs as they should. A mod has every right to close a thread if it becomes a target for trolls. want your thread reopened? just pm the mod.

6. The following 2 users say thank you to Vickachu for this useful post:

KoVuMASA (11-04-2013), SuperShotty (11-04-2013)

Google's Avatar 눈 ͜ಎ눈

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    As I said in the initial post, one troll post doesn't make the thread trash.. the mods need to stop being so lazy and actually dedicate to keeping an eye on a thread, not just putting a stop to something that hasn't happened yet or closing it without reasoning other than the thread is dated, closing the door for future comments. I don't see the use of being so active when it comes to closing threads. If anything, I would be sending people PMs letting them know they're on thin ice, if they go about turning people's threads into "trash" as you so put.
    Mods clean every thread from trolls/spam/useless posts;
    Threads don't get closed as often as you think, not while they are active.
    If there's one or a few trolls spamming on a thread, we just delete the posts and ban them from the thread if necessary.
    That said, older threads are closed automatically.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Thread get closed if they are 2-3 weeks old (unless they are sticky'd).
    People can always request to re-open it if they have a good reason for it.
    @ Mara: I answered your question so there was no need to leave that thread open anymore.

Bud's Avatar I'm too old for this sh*t

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Thread get closed if they are 2-3 weeks old (unless they are sticky'd).
    People can always request to re-open it if they have a good reason for it.
    @ Mara: I answered your question so there was no need to leave that thread open anymore.
    Thats just it Stephan, this is an open Forum, not a Tech Support line, further discussion should be allowed even if the question was answered.

I can see the point she is trying to make.

Google's Avatar 눈 ͜ಎ눈

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gracefull View Post
    Thats just it Stephan, this is an open Forum, not a Tech Support line, further discussion should be allowed even if the question was answered.

I can see the point she is trying to make.
    As I stated before, no threads are closed while they are active in a positive way.

Older threads are closed automatically.

You should read what people write instead of complaining for nothing.

Once again, older threads are closed automatically, that's why your threads were closed.

Guess what?

Closed.

Thread Information