Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    So, I was trying to reply to Mara's thread considering mods closing too fast. Despite the fact that I agree with him, irony on its strongest just came by. I hadn't even got the time to answer in here because apparently a mod closed it.

It was a normal discussion, the guy is asking if other people agree with him or not. I for example wanted to reply to him the following: http://puu.sh/58JE6.png, but didn't get the chance.
    This was a normal discussion, nobody was flaming or spamming, the guy was just asking the opinion of other people in the community, not any of you mods. So basically you don't agree with it, you wont allow us to talk about it? What kind of power abuse is this (google / stephan)?

Give me 1 good solid reason, why us "the community" wouldn't be allowed to talk about something like this? I know for a fact that Google has a lot of problems accepting feedback from members of this community, but I thought Stephan was different (hope so). Don't tell me that it isn't necessary to discuss this, that its useless or anything. It's in general discussions, regarding the forum, regarding the forum moderators.

And please, continue the discussion on whether or not we think moderators are closing too soon.

@Google, if you can't handle the fact that normal users are criticizing your "job", then just stay out of it for now, and when there is a conclusion you should look at it. Don't get overexcited and lock this because someone is giving you feedback, try to make a positive thing out of it.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Adorable (11-05-2013), Min (11-05-2013), Sonji (11-05-2013)

^CHez^Aak's Avatar yo pop - juk

Thanks
    Its stephan no doubt

Banned

Thanks

Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely </3

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post

Give me 1 good solid reason, why us "the community" wouldn't be allowed to talk about something like this?.
    Easy, people attend to go off-topic REALLY fast and that always leads to big arguements and flame which would result into ban/mutes.
    By locking the thread, they make sure that situation won't happen anymore so the issue won't get bigger.
    Example ; https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...git-kids/page1 this thread should be closed a.s.a.p in my opinion because it's totally off topic even tho it's in the rage/ego section.
    I bet some one in that thread will be reported and that would have consequences to that person.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Steƒƒ • View Post
    Easy, people attend to go off-topic REALLY fast and that always leads to big arguements and flame which would result into ban/mutes.
    By locking the thread, they make sure that situation won't happen anymore so the issue won't get bigger.
    Example ; https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...git-kids/page1 this thread should be closed a.s.a.p in my opinion because it's totally off topic even tho it's in the rage/ego section.
    I bet some one in that thread will be reported and that would have consequences to that person.
    If people start flaming the mods should remove the post and deal with the situation. They shouldn't wait till everybody has crossed the line and then close the thread. It often happens to me that I'm writing something and when trying to post it it says "Sorry - Thread is closed". And I'm just trying to get something in there, pretty sure I'm not the only one.

I do agree that if a thread contains nothing but hate and flame then yeah go ahead and lock the shit out of it, but its not just black and white, there are plenty of situations where maybe 1 or 2 posts can be removed and the discussion could go on.

7. The following user said thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Steff (11-04-2013)

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Steƒƒ • View Post

Easy you just gave us a reason to show how lazy the mods are instead of dealing with the ppl that post those kind of stuff they just close the thread and seal the deal?, that seems pretty easy to me.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I did not lock that thread cause I felt you guys needed the space to argue about it (I guess).
    But starting off with the first thread (the map question), I simply lock threads when a clear answer has been given thus I feel like there is nothing else to discus -> spam prevention.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    I did not lock that thread cause I felt you guys needed the space to argue about it (I guess).
    But starting off with the first thread (the map question), I simply lock threads when a clear answer has been given thus I feel like there is nothing else to discus -> spam prevention.
    Okay, so it was someone else. (I would like to know who it was).

You know what, I'll carry you to gold if you don't lock threads that easily in the future ;D?

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Honestly this is being blown way out of proportion. Did they close the original threads too fast? Maybe so, but honestly if your thread was 3 weeks old and someone posted in it without automatic closing, I would close the thread for grave digging. In most cases month old information is not worth revisiting, and if it is you can always ask for the thread Yup be reopened.

For the most part this forum is kept clean, i don't see why a simple closing of a thread should cause a huge stir.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Okay, so it was someone else. (I would like to know who it was).

You know what, I'll carry you to gold if you don't lock threads that easily in the future ;D?
    steph too heavty h4h4h4huh8hree

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information