Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    I agree with this, Most threads asking for other opinions get closed way to early, why?

This a forum, we discuss things that pretain to the topic. If someone goes off-topic it is your job as forum moderators to just delete the post, and tell the person not to go off topic, Simple as that.

Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    I did not lock that thread cause I felt you guys needed the space to argue about it (I guess).
    But starting off with the first thread (the map question), I simply lock threads when a clear answer has been given thus I feel like there is nothing else to discus -> spam prevention.
    Okay, and what if other people want to post and express their opinion on the topic. Closing threads just because you give us "A clear answer" is just wrong to me. Mara asked for opinions on it, not an answer. Why is it when a forum moderator puts in their 2 cents, it ends up being the answer we've all been lookng for. It's the "Clear Answer". How can you justify a forum moderator closing a thread when the thread was really just asking for input.

Originally Posted by Steƒƒ • View Post
    Easy, people attend to go off-topic REALLY fast and that always leads to big arguements and flame which would result into ban/mutes.
    By locking the thread, they make sure that situation won't happen anymore so the issue won't get bigger.
    Example ; https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...git-kids/page1 this thread should be closed a.s.a.p in my opinion because it's totally off topic even tho it's in the rage/ego section.
    I bet some one in that thread will be reported and that would have consequences to that person.
    This topic is being blown way out of proportion. Why is grave digging, flaming, spamming and trolling even being brought up here that's Off-topic. Just delete those post and let the other users express their view on it. The thread was on the threads being closed to early, Not making useless post.

In closing, Just do your job. The topic was about Closing threads that have just been made. Just wait until the thread has been up for a good amount of days with no replys and close them. Seemp pole.

@slug
    Spoiler!

#LetFreeStyleBeADemocracy

Charcoal's Avatar Jacob.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Adorable View Post
    The thread locks are bleh.

Here's what I don't understand:

When a mod closes a thread, that means the discussion is over because of spam/the answer being given/ ect...
    So, why is it that after mods close threads they feel the need to add their input as if what they say is more superior than what anyone else thinks.

Not naming names or anything, but how is that fair to the rest of the community who may want to reply to what that particular mod just said.

If you are going to close a thread, don't close it with your input as if your opinion is the all powerful right one. That's unfair and in my opinion dictatorial.
    I think this is the brightest thing you've ever said /Clap /Clap. I agree.

Bud's Avatar I'm too old for this sh*t

Thanks
    I think some of the things realized in this thread should be brought to light, this forum is starting to feel like Nazi Germany.

Example :

GRACEFULL:
    Thats just it Stephan, this is an open Forum, not a Tech Support line, further discussion should be allowed even if the question was answered.

I can see the point she is trying to make.

GOOGLE:
    As I stated before, no threads are closed while they are active in a positive way.

Older threads are closed automatically.

You should read what people write instead of complaining for nothing.

Once again, older threads are closed automatically, that's why your threads were closed.

Guess what?

Closed.

(These Forum Mods are cocky as ****)

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    I think some of the things realized in this thread should be brought to light, this forum is starting to feel like Nazi Germany.

Example :

GRACEFULL:
    Thats just it Stephan, this is an open Forum, not a Tech Support line, further discussion should be allowed even if the question was answered.

I can see the point she is trying to make.

GOOGLE:
    As I stated before, no threads are closed while they are active in a positive way.

Older threads are closed automatically.

You should read what people write instead of complaining for nothing.

Once again, older threads are closed automatically, that's why your threads were closed.

Guess what?

Closed.

(These Forum Mods are cocky as ****)
    There is a line between speaking your mind and just being insulting. Comparing our staff members to Nazis would be crossing that line.

I have no problem with this thread continuing, but please keep it clean. I have no problem with opinions, but that does not mean you can be outright mean.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    There is a line between speaking your mind and just being insulting. Comparing our staff members to Nazis would be crossing that line.

I have no problem with this thread continuing, but please keep it clean. I have no problem with opinions, but that does not mean you can be outright mean.
    I have no intentions of attacking anyone directly, it's just general feeling I get when I go to respond and it's already been closed after 4 replies. It just feels less out of our control than it should be, and really we shouldn't even be aware of the Forum Mod's presence until they post.

I feel like no Forum Mod would ever just say sorry I'll try to work on that, they have to make something of it. Maybe I'm wrong though. It happens enough.

Thanks
    I have no intentions of attacking anyone directly, it's just general feeling I get when I go to respond and it's already been closed after 4 replies. It just feels less out of our control than it should be, and really we shouldn't even be aware of the Forum Mod's presence until they post.
    I understand that, but there are dozens of other ways you can display your point wouldn't you say? Listing direct names and saying things like "cocky as ****" is bound to pull some people's triggers if you know what I mean.

The way you have stated things makes it feel as a personal attack. Don't get me wrong, you aren't the only one I am saying this to, you were just the last one to do it, so I quoted you when I posted.

Thanks
    I understand that, but there are dozens of other ways you can display your point wouldn't you say? Listing direct names and saying things like "cocky as ****" is bound to pull some people's triggers if you know what I mean.

The way you have stated things makes it feel as a personal attack. Don't get me wrong, you aren't the only one I am saying this to, you were just the last one to do it, so I quoted you when I posted.
    Well yeah, but if you look at the reasoning behind calling Google a cocky f***, you might agree. After another point made on this discussion(a disscussion that obviously has to be had) he turns around and says "Guess what, closed." Like I should just shut my mouth? My personal reaction is that kid is a cocky f***.

It looks like the Forum Mods have decided not to reply to this quite yet,maybe they're waiting for 5 minutes to go buy without anyone posting so they can lock it.

Thanks
    Well yeah, but if you look at the reasoning behind calling Google a cocky f***, you might agree. After another point made on this discussion(a disscussion that obviously has to be had) he turns around and says "Guess what, closed." Like I should just shut my mouth? My personal reaction is that kid is a cocky f***.

It looks like the Forum Mods have decided not to reply to this quite yet,maybe they're waiting for 5 minutes to go buy without anyone posting so they can lock it.
    I am a forum mod, the rest have went to bed for the night.

I would like to note if you feel that someone has incorrectly moderated your post, or a staff member has done something out of line, simply report it and the action will be taken accordingly. It is very hard for us to deal with issues in a public setting (such as a thread), especially when issues such as this one are fairly unique to one another. I would suggest next time you feel so strongly about an issue, instead of posting it (in which you become the bad guy, with a forum mod deleting and infracting you for posts), just report the issue, and let it go through the proper channels. You don't have to deal with the moderator of your thread, there are many of us, including administration. This is how issues are supposed to be handled.

Thanks
    I am a forum mod, the rest have went to bed for the night.

I would like to note if you feel that someone has incorrectly moderated your post, or a staff member has done something out of line, simply report it and the action will be taken accordingly. It is very hard for us to deal with issues in a public setting (such as a thread), especially when issues such as this one are fairly unique to one another. I would suggest next time you feel so strongly about an issue, instead of posting it (in which you become the bad guy, with a forum mod deleting and infracting you for posts), just report the issue, and let it go through the proper channels. You don't have to deal with the moderator of your thread, there are many of us, including administration. This is how issues are supposed to be handled.
    Yeah I'm aware of this, but in my eyes this wasn't a problem worthy of reporting. I just wanted to state my opinion on the matter, see if anyone agree's and maybe actions would change according to certain realizations. I've been getting nothing but bullheaded responses about it aside from you of course Wucas, you da man. But anyways, I'm starting to feel the pointlessness of this thread, just request reopen's if you've been wrongly closed. Lesson to be learned here for sure.

Katsuro's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    In my opinion to prevent the questioning of anyone with forum powers and minimize doubt within the community it would be best for the person who is closing a thread would state why they are doing so.

I can imagine it annoying some people to find that their thread (or a thread they were interested in) was closed and no reason given on why it has been closed. Even if the reasons are clear to you it may not be so clear to others unfortunately.. That is common practice among many forums and found it kinda odd seeing that always isn't the case here.

Most of the threads that have been closed in General Discussion that didn't have a reason where quite self explanatory but I guess it just needs to be spelled out to some people. I believe doing that would also prevent threads like this because then people know who/when/why and if they had a problem it can be addressed directly to the person that has closed it.

As for posts that have been deleted I think it would be a good idea for the mod to notify the user (via PM system) that a post of theirs has been deleted with the link to the thread and reason for the post deletion. Or maybe make the soft delete function viewable to the affected person. I know admins and super mods can see all soft deletes by default but I don't believe the affected user can and I don't think a normal user can do so without being given inline moderation permissions unfortunately unless something has changed since I have last used vb.
    Last edited by Katsuro; 11-05-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    HatersGonnaHate <3~

-----------

11. The following 3 users say thank you to Katsuro for this useful post:

Nuva (11-05-2013), ossiegassie (11-05-2013), slugheady (11-05-2013)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information