Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    So, a lot of people tend to agree with me. Apparently I wasn't the only one having these feelings. So maybe we can work on some kinda solution / agreement among the forum moderators not to close threads too quickly, and what katsuro said to give a reason why you're closing?

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    Lmfaooooooo, hahahah I don't mind that thread being locked cause it was an obv troll, but instead of Dave getting butthurt he made it funnier. Not too mention Google's abusing his power in that thread to comment when it was already locked. 3333333333333333333
    I wasn't really butthurt though, I actually enjoyed to ban them.

OT:
    So basically, you guys want us to give more infractions to people who spam in threads which causes the thread lock?
    I can not just change the moderator's mind, every person has their own point of view on a thread and if a -stupid- thread deserves to be locked, then it shall be locked.

Would be more useful if you guys actually link me to threads which have been locked without a good reason so I know what you're referring to.
    If it's regarding a complaint about staff members, it's better to PM me since a thread like this will only cause a negative effect.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Katsuro's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post

OT:
    So basically, you guys want us to give more infractions to people who spam in threads which causes the thread lock?
    I can not just change the moderator's mind, every person has their own point of view on a thread and if a -stupid- thread deserves to be locked, then it shall be locked.

Would be more useful if you guys actually link me to threads which have been locked without a good reason.
    I don't think changing a mods mind is necessary at all nor is changing they way they are currently moderating. I believe they are currently doing their job just fine for the most part. Like I said in my previous post, it would be nice if mods can just state why they locked a thread (obvious or not for slow peoples sake). That way if someone had a issue or felt the lock was inappropriate the person can contact the mod that locked it rather than making a thread like this and involving the community. That would prevent people questioning locks and threads questioning mod abuse.
    HatersGonnaHate <3~

-----------

Thanks
    I'll link threads in the future, don't feel like digging back to threads that might have been locked for no reason. In the beginning it would indeed cause more infractions then usually would've been given out. But within time people should learn not to troll every thread they come across, which then would lead to less trolling and flaming.

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post

OT:

Would be more useful if you guys actually link me to threads which have been locked without a good reason so I know what you're referring to.
    If it's regarding a complaint about staff members, it's better to PM me since a thread like this will only cause a negative effect.
    Omg learn to read narb, I said "INSTEAD OF GETTING BUTTHURT"

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    Omg learn to read narb, I said "INSTEAD OF GETTING BUTTHURT"
    Too hard to read okay. ;-;

Anyway, anyone else have anything to add to this thread?
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Bud's Avatar I'm too old for this sh*t

Thanks
    Close it up Dave, Point has been made I believe.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    Close it up Dave, Point has been made I believe.
    Closing the thread will only be the opposite of the reason why I made it. We can let the thread die, if nobody feels like sharing anything in this, it'll close itself after 2 weeks. But if someone, who might have been away or decided to talk some more about the subject, then they should be able to.

There is no reason to "lock' this, right? As in other threads, same idea.

Bud's Avatar I'm too old for this sh*t

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Closing the thread will only be the opposite of the reason why I made it. We can let the thread die, if nobody feels like sharing anything in this, it'll close itself after 2 weeks. But if someone, who might have been away or decided to talk some more about the subject, then they should be able to.

I suppose in a sense your correct, but a lot of valid points have been made here over a span of two nights. I only said that because I personally wouldn't have an issue with it. I can see what you mean though. Keep it up!

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post

There is literally nothing that can be brought up on this topic.

You guys feel that threads are closed early, we heard the message loud and clear. This is not a normal thread in which issues are discussed, it is a sensitive issue that deals with the practices of forum moderating. Simply put, threads like this get spammed to infinity way faster than we can moderate it. That is why topics like these are closed early, and it seems rather logical to me. Also note, looking back at this thread we have insults upon many members of staff, that is reason enough to close this thread right here and now.

If you want to forum moderate your way, apply for it next time it comes around and pass the trial. I'm sorry, but I forum mod on the side, I don't wish to be cleaning up threads like this one all damn day.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 11-05-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information