I agree with this, Most threads asking for other opinions get closed way to early, why?

This a forum, we discuss things that pretain to the topic. If someone goes off-topic it is your job as forum moderators to just delete the post, and tell the person not to go off topic, Simple as that.

Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
I did not lock that thread cause I felt you guys needed the space to argue about it (I guess).
But starting off with the first thread (the map question), I simply lock threads when a clear answer has been given thus I feel like there is nothing else to discus -> spam prevention.
Okay, and what if other people want to post and express their opinion on the topic. Closing threads just because you give us "A clear answer" is just wrong to me. Mara asked for opinions on it, not an answer. Why is it when a forum moderator puts in their 2 cents, it ends up being the answer we've all been lookng for. It's the "Clear Answer". How can you justify a forum moderator closing a thread when the thread was really just asking for input.

Originally Posted by Steƒƒ • View Post
Easy, people attend to go off-topic REALLY fast and that always leads to big arguements and flame which would result into ban/mutes.
By locking the thread, they make sure that situation won't happen anymore so the issue won't get bigger.
Example ; https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...git-kids/page1 this thread should be closed a.s.a.p in my opinion because it's totally off topic even tho it's in the rage/ego section.
I bet some one in that thread will be reported and that would have consequences to that person.
This topic is being blown way out of proportion. Why is grave digging, flaming, spamming and trolling even being brought up here that's Off-topic. Just delete those post and let the other users express their view on it. The thread was on the threads being closed to early, Not making useless post.

In closing, Just do your job. The topic was about Closing threads that have just been made. Just wait until the thread has been up for a good amount of days with no replys and close them. Seemp pole.

@slug
Spoiler!

#LetFreeStyleBeADemocracy