Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Had to do a self portrait for class using what can only be described as a "scribbling" technique. No proficient usage of crosshatching here, just drawing crazily from the arm and wrist.

Basically (using a mirror and a single 2B pencil) we were supposed to accomplish basic proportions, shape, and shading in as little as time as possible. The sheet size is 11inx17in (27cmx43cm) and it took roughly half an hour, maybe less. I kinda liked it, I personally prefer ink and Charcoal, but *shrug* maybe someone would find it interesting.

Last edited by Wucas Pls; 11-22-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Charcoal's Avatar Jacob.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    Had to do a self portrait for class using what can only be described as a "scribbling" technique. No proficient usage of crosshatching here, just drawing crazily from the arm and wrist.

Basically (using a mirror and a single 2B pencil) we were supposed to accomplish basic proportions, shape, and shading in as little as time as possible. The sheet size is 11inx17in (27cmx43cm) and it took roughly half an hour, maybe less. I kinda liked it, I personally prefer ink and charcoal, but *shrug* maybe someone would find it interesting.

http://puu.sh/5pyIB.png
    It looks good imo, you did a nice job! I also prefer Charcoal (lel).

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Charcoal View Post
    It looks good imo, you did a nice job! I also prefer Charcoal (lel).
    Don't worry, I linked you in the main post, now everything is good.

Also I would like to note, realistic drawings are not my forte. I actually fcking hate them.

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    I do not like realistic drawings, If I look to someone IT'S REALISTIC as it can get.
    anyhow still nice though, but it looks like a sketch for a criminal in Corte...for murder...You look like a murderer.

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    Ugly cause no jjang.

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Banned

Thanks
    just for future references i'd never fill the entire thing with pencil shadows ever again. if you would've left it blank it would've given a much smoother look already.
    also, if you're using a pencil and you wish to shade without seeing the lines entirely, lift your pencil horizontally and use the side to shade, your pencil point will cover a larger area so it'll hardly show lines, if it still looks rough you can smooth it out by using your fingers by just gently stroking it back and forth until it looks nice.
    ( if you have sweaty hands or w/e make sure to dry them or else you'll **** up the paper. )

ALSO, these tips don't apply to just realistic shading, you can apply them to basically anything. It's pretty basic stuff.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I love the style since I normally draw stuff like that in a sketchy way .

Thread Information