Thanks
    Hey guys. Came by this private server about half a year ago when I was itching to play GunZ again. Similar itch this time, but my usual server is a graveyard at this point, so I figured I'd give this place a serious look this time.

I did quite a bit of tagging within the GunZ community, and he's a small sample of my portfolio.

Perspective

Self-Image

On Fire

Cold

Blanched

There's an album in my signature with these and a few more. I'm hoping to get active in the tagging community again, and work on some of my old weaknesses.

Irahnik's Avatar xrahmaan.com

Country
    Thanks
    ooOOoo i lyk
    gunz UI/3D dev since 2010, fg dev from 2014-2016 - find me on your favorite music platform :)

Rhysin's Avatar Freestyler

Thanks
    I can tell you have a simplistic style. Good job on these. I hope to see you making more tags.

Kyousuke's Avatar KirakuSenpai's Kouhai

Country
    Thanks
    the Cold one is pretty weird :p

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    People need to stop putting the render in the center. Placing something in the center adds no tension, no perceived value to the composition.

Use rule of thirds or Fibonacci's number (aka the Golden Ratio), or a possible left/ right align in certain scenarios, otherwise your composition becomes visually "Normal". Placement is key in graphical pieces, worrying solely on color and values can only get you so far. It is about the composition as a whole and how each part works inside it's boundaries.

Edit: Also remember you need a focal point, and calling the render a focal point is to broad. Find a single element (in a sig I would say <25 pixels) that can serve as the centerpiece for the whole piece. The human brain needs a very specific place in which to focus on, otherwise no perception of background and foreground is created.

You have the blending and colors down, now work on making it all into a piece of art.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 11-28-2013 at 04:49 PM.

6. The following user said thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

Taiki (12-03-2013)

Thread Information