Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Freestyler

Thanks
    What Should Have Been Done Years Ago

Disclaimer: There will be some ideas and concepts here that some of you won't agree with or like at first. However, these are things I believe has to be done for GunZ. Just like the balance of daggers, most of you may have liked them at first better than the hard to use ones, but look closer at how the game is being affected.

GunZ, and getting people wanting to play again, which will result in an outcome unmatched if it's able to be done.
    - Sure making new updates and cool new things gets people wanting to play and buy them, however, that method, if used as a main method to get the player base interested, will at best, be an on and off pursuit. You have to get people wanting to play, get them thinking about the game even when they aren't playing, when walking home from school, when they're going to bed, etc. That should be the main goal, and then, you will have a larger player base, more money, and players will have fun.
    - What needs to be done to ensure this is the following:
    - Events, and not the random ones hosted in game, at least, not in that fashion. To keep the game lively visually on the forums, on FGunZ youtube channel, on the GunZ website and on FGunZ itself, there has to be things always going on centered around the game itself. You guys did a great job with the unique game modes and events being hosted in game, to be honest, im really amazed. However, sure staff made an AWESOME game like infected and capture the flag, but what then? Just leave it there? I honestly am writing this also mainly because of things like that, it happened with ijji and aeria, don't do it here. Your events and game modes, i repeat, game modes, and player made game modes are your assets.

You have to continue milking those assets. Have the game being lively by putting offical goals and competition into the game USING the game. This. I promise you will not disappoint. The idea to do this; create tournaments, events to bud IMMENSE and INTENSE hype around the game inside and outside of it. Take CTF and other game modes for example:
    - Starting with CTF. Heres what fgunz should look like.
    CTF Monthly Tournament Event:
    - choose your team and come battle it out to earn the title of best CTF team! Prizes to be won!
    This will finally be the breaking point to get at least some of the community active, making guides for this, videos, top 10 flag captures/steals on youtube, etc, this will get people talking about FGUNZ, and fgunz's presence will be made known all over. You will be on youtube, ETC.
    Could have things like 4v4 CTF tourny, 6v6 and so on. Also, a championship seasonally, to keep abusing these assets to the fullest and to get people talking.

Infection:
    Again, use this. Monthly Infection Survival Tournament:
    Whatever method, this has to be done. Come one come all, be the best against the zombies and earn the title of Infection King/Queen.
    Quarter finals: Be the last one alive best of of 5.
    Semi Finals: Be the last one alive best out of 7.
    Finals: Be the last one alive best out of 10 to earn the title and many prizes.
    All this, once again, would lead to EVEN MORE videos about FGunZ and get people hyped the **** out. Also have a seasonal championship once again.

Man you guys and staff have to know that this for sure, (i didnt think all these years bout GunZ for nothing) will get people wanting to donate for the server, get new and more gear not only for themselves but for their teammates for team games like a freaking CTF Championship.

Duel Tournament:
    --- Before I go on, I'm going to pitch one hell of an idea. All these tournies should may all be through clans. The ability and potential of clans is immense. GunZ clan battle system is actually really just one huge family of competition and fun, and im not talking about clan war. Although all these ideas would actually make clan war more active by drawing all the attention away from it from time to time. But, bottom line of competitive clans is to verse other clans while playing with teammates which builds team mate relationships and teamwork, which will bind all of gunz players with one another.

The use of clans pitch:
    So, back to the tournaments, take the CTF Tourny/championships for example:
    CTF CLAN CHAMPIONSHIPS:
    - Clan Hax versus Clan Goat in the semi finals starts now!
    With all this, a clan page/page for each clan to have their records shown of wins, achievements, etc.
    Eg: Clan Goat: 2009 CTF Clan Champions, and also have a forum section with replays of ALL these matches so players can download them, study them, join in on the hype as if they were and will feel apart of something within FGunZ. This will make it so championships will keep getting better, more plays, increases skill each season/monthly tourny. Also, madly increase the activity and presence of FGunZ game players on the forum.

Clan Duel Tournament:
    People will LOVE this, people love online games and the interaction. Like the olympics, even though the 1 km dash is a singular type thing, you are representing a team. If you watch interviews about olympians talking about solo games but the need and support of team, training together sharing tips, THIS brings the games and everyone together.
    Clan duel tourny would be like:
    Choose 4 Players to respresent the clan.
    Quarter Finals: Clan Goat Player 1 vs Clan Hax player 1. If goat player 1 wins, and depending how much they win by, earns clan goat X amount of points in quarter finals, so, which clan with the most points moves on to the semi finals. A team is only as strong as their weakest link they say. THIS WILL TREMENDOUSLY get players playing training like crazy TOGETHER pming each other out of game to get online and spar with each other, dominate duel rooms, this is the method I was talking about to secure a lock on tournaments, which secures a lock on game modes such as duel and also secure player base on fgunz, in clans, and so on.

There can also be a clan gladiator tournament that works the same way as above.

Clan ATTACK AND DEFENCE MONTHLY TOURNAMENT:
    To get cw more lively and clans in general, there MUST be other things. People of all skill levels will be so hyped to start playing, practicing, and having fun together. To ensure this, tournaments can be done in different heat levels.

Well, thats part one of my idea generally, without specifics on every game mode. Please take into consideration all this is will be invalid if things like triple rs exist or OP dual mg shit in an attack and defence tourny, etc.

Please I'm srsly begging now to take out triple rs, its only function is to validate walking and spamming... rs. GunZ gameplay has been developed by gamers and by changing it and tweeking yourselves, you are totally disrespecting former tactics, meta strategies and founders of techniques. Players will continue finding new game play styles and inventing tactics, but ANY TIME you tweek with meta gameplay, like by changing med stats, it will not work out. Please take out triple rs, its only use is to validate walking and slow down gameplay moves, etc because you can ONLY TRIPLE RS WHILE WALKING, NOT MOVING OR SPAMMING JUMP to have a gun out for extended periods of time.
    Triple RS totally unbalances every advancement in gunz to date, because they have been found with only rs in existence. Rs alrwady made meta rifle gameplay unbalanced and forced to change and is highly limits its gameplay if rs did not exist. Rs made GunZ's meta gameplay have less variety, and more strict. Imagine what triple rs is really doing. Are you infreakingsane? It ruins advancemets like PPQ, if you can already do 3 fast shots without moving. The generation of triple rs players will only become more stale and strict and all the same.

I just don't see how or why... I don't know....

Please listen to everything hear... er.. read...

Love you guys, succeed, Thank you,

There is always a way
    - DDaggerDD

P.S. Can this be my application for game designer for FGunZ, which is what my job irl will be. (game design isnt mainly coding nor drawing skills)

2. The following 9 users say thank you to DDaggerDD for this useful post:

Faith1 (12-15-2013), Izzat (12-08-2013), Legit (12-11-2013), Mike (12-08-2013), Ommadawn (01-01-2014), Rain (12-08-2013), Saam (01-02-2014), SuperKekku (01-01-2014), ZoneStyle (12-08-2013)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    The fact is, this guys is totally ****ing right.

4. The following user said thank you to Mike for this useful post:

EcksDee (12-08-2013)

Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely </3

Thanks
    I woudn't like a CTF tourney.
    I also woudn't like a attack and defence tourney.

People would camp too much, just keep it at clanwars.

6. The following user said thank you to Steff for this useful post:

Fearsome (01-01-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Steƒƒ • View Post

and lots of ppl dont like clanwars, whats ur point. "camp too much" made me laugh dude, tss. Usually i dont post on my threads for a long while and i let them play out but honestly dude.

Also, this thread isnt about any individual player liking a specific idea or not. Obvly not everyone likes rifle/rifle wep combo, but its still there.

still there cuz it has to be there for variety and many other reasons. If there were no rifles or sniper rifles, sg/sg will follow the same fate as cw, eventually. Actually the game would suck. Hence, the game is sucking. Anyway, im not replyin any more, read.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 12-08-2013 at 12:05 PM.

8. The following 3 users say thank you to DDaggerDD for this useful post:

Eeksdee (12-08-2013), Izzat (12-08-2013), SuperKekku (01-01-2014)

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks

I I I I I I I I I I

nice ideas DDagger, clan wars are indeed not for me but would like some other competitive things such as an AnD tourney, cause AnD's are more up my sleeve
    and I like what u wrote about the rs'ing, totally right. Thanks! (:
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

10. The following user said thank you to Again for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (12-08-2013)

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks

Sorry Clanwars doesn't fly round Gunz..

Thank you and credit ~ GeorgeGFX

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    Please Hire this Man. He knows what he is talking about. Capture the flag can definitely be competitive and I would very much like to see it.

13. The following user said thank you to Sonji for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (12-08-2013)

ZoneStyle's Avatar Think less, live more

Country
    Thanks
    I like the ideas!
    Would be nice if the staff team will add a few types of ClanWar for example CTF CW.
    It sounds nice and will be unique as well.

Fall down seven times,
    stand up eight
    Turn the pain into power

15. The following user said thank you to ZoneStyle for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (12-08-2013)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Your ideas are (in a nut shell):

Tournaments
    Tournaments
    Tournaments
    Tournaments
    Tournaments
    Restrict one way people play the game.

I'm not fond of the last idea. Just because something doesn't require skill doesn't mean we should go out of the way to prevent players from doing it. FGunZ is not a hard core server and ideally will never be.
    We provide options for people to take that route through their own choice with the use of game tags, but the idea of forcefully removing something because it takes "no skill" is not something I will ever support. Nor for your staleness argument.
    At it's core, GunZ is a game where you point and shoot and the person who does it as fast and accurately as possible will generally win. Just because something basic can invalidate any time or training you put into making/learning a technique (which is your own problem) doesn't make it worthy of being prevented.

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Your ideas are (in a nut shell):

Tournaments
    Tournaments
    Tournaments
    Tournaments
    Tournaments
    Restrict one way people play the game.

I'm not fond of the last idea. Just because something doesn't require skill doesn't mean we should go out of the way to prevent players from doing it. FGunZ is not a hard core server and ideally will never be.
    We provide options for people to take that route through their own choice with the use of game tags, but the idea of forcefully removing something because it takes "no skill" is not something I will ever support. Nor for your staleness argument.
    At it's core, GunZ is a game where you point and shoot and the person who does it as fast and accurately as possible will generally win. Just because something basic can invalidate any time or training you put into making/learning a technique (which is your own problem) doesn't make it worthy of being prevented.
    Thanks for the reply, first off, my ideas in a nut shell... Hmm, well you're missing the point, and I'm thinking about trying to advance gunz general, and no im not talking about gameplay advancemets specifically or at all for that matter. Also, you're not making sense with your first comment on these ideas restricting players to play the game in one way only, tbh its the total opposite. I don't think I should have to explain that more variety is the opposite. The main thing here is what the tournament and events will do for the game as I have stated clearly enough I believe in my thread.

Also, on your last comment on my last idea, I'm pretty sure I did not say or imply triple rs does not require skill. Also, FGunZ just added it into gunz, it wasnt always there, don't forget that. I stated why It triple rs should be removed, and that still stands, it's not like you're saying anything against my reasons as to why it should be removed, you haven't done that so... Ask yourself this: what was the reason to add faster sgs into the game? Was it just to give them a boost? To give donor sg's an edge? To speed up gameplay? You have to look into what it is really doing, and I stated what I believe triple rs is doing, and for that reason, it clearly isn't a positive thing.

Reminds me of the movie watchmen and the ending, the world gets a long but temporary moment of peace with one another, but that peace is based on a lie.

Edit: I noticed some1 removed a guys comment that liked these ideas and agreed with me on my last statement on triple rs
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 12-08-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information