Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    Updated the main post with the edit. Now the sand fits the scene more.!

Bulbasaur's Avatar Gang Gang

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EpicKLF View Post
    Updated the main post with the edit. Now the sand fits the scene more.!
    Now, I love it. 10/10. Very nice sig.

Banned

Thanks
    1. let me teach you a little about exposure and lighting, the stock you used is very dark and the only light source is coming from the moon, since the render is placed in the foreground, the background exposure is much greater than the actual lighting on the render. therefore the render would not give off any light, it would almost completely black. you'd only see her silhouette.

(a perfect example for this is making a picture of someone standing behind a window while there's a light behind them, you'd see light coming from behind them but you won't see the actual person.)

2. color usage, you're keeping it very monotone by only using one shade of color, even in moonlight there's a variety of colors shining through it. while it mainly focuses on a dark blue tint there's a variety of different shades shining through too, your brain just doesn't focus on them so you ignore them. try looking at a lot of photo's to get some understanding on natural colors.
    Last edited by Nickachu; 12-13-2013 at 03:08 PM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Tbh I cannot call it manipulation, but maybe I am wrong.

EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Nickachu View Post
    1. let me teach you a little about exposure and lighting, the stock you used is very dark and the only light source is coming from the moon, since the render is placed in the foreground, the background exposure is much greater than the actual lighting on the render. therefore the render would not give off any light, it would almost completely black. you'd only see her silhouette.

(a perfect example for this is making a picture of someone standing behind a window while there's a light behind them, you'd see light coming from behind them but you won't see the actual person.)

2. color usage, you're keeping it very monotone by only using one shade of color, even in moonlight there's a variety of colors shining through it. while it mainly focuses on a dark blue tint there's a variety of different shades shining through too, your brain just doesn't focus on them so you ignore them. try looking at a lot of photo's to get some understanding on natural colors.
    I knew the render would be dark with the amount of light I added. But I didint think it would be pitch black. But then it won't be appealing looking at a silhouette to most. About the other colours. It would look out of place. See the first version with the sand. But in a whole, this won't ever look lifelike in the first place. But I will keep that in mind if I do another one, hopefully with the light source somewhere else.
    OT:Welcome back nick! Haven't seen you in a while!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information