Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    Fall season is almost over, most shows are almost finished so I thought it'd be appropriate to make recommendations for those who have not watched this season (totally not looking at you, lucas) and basically to share my list with others.

Kyoukai no Kanata-
    What starts off as a chuuni-lookalike in a supernatural style, takes a drastic turn for the better after a few episodes. Decent story, wouldn't call it the best ever but it's good enough to make you eager to watch the next one. It isn't as lighthearted as it seems at the start, it can be rather grim and dark at certain points, which I really like. Likeable and adorable characters (goddamnit Ai, why must you remind me of Mikan so much) and humor that doesn't feel forced and fanservice that actually sticks to the story, kinda, and isn't over the top.

Outbreak Company-
    Otaku heaven. 'nuff said.

Log Horizon-
    Very often compared to SAO, which it shouldn't be. It's like comparing Phantom:The Reqiuem and Hitman Reborn for both being about assassins/hitmen. Where SAO is more about character development, Log Horizon focuses more on coming to terms with living in the game world and uniting it. SAO could very much be in an alternate world instead of a game world, Log Horizon couldn't be done without the game world.

Gingitsune-
    A show about heralds of a shrine (something like a gods messenger) and (a) human(s) living together. Calming show, fun to watch. Reminds me a bit of that mindreading girl show that started off really grim but was utter shit in the end, but without the utter shittyness and the dark parts.

Kyousougiga-
    Odd show, hard to explain. If you liked someting like Mawaru Penguindrum, give this show a try. And if you didn't, give it a try anyway.

Tokyo Ravens-
    Show about Onmyouji, youkai and the like. Give it a try, for Kon's sake.

Noucome-
    Harem/Ecchi/Humor, good watch for a laugh and some 'aww kawaii'-moments

honorable mentions:
    unbreakable machine-doll : art is shit
    samurai flamenco: no idea wtf is going on anymore
    non non biyori : adorable characters doing stuff that isnt boring to watch (take notes, azumanga daioh) just not a fan of slice and life, else it would be on the other list
    yuusha ni narenakatta: another ecchi/humor, feels like a bad version of ganbare, maou-sama. fun to watch, tho
    strike the blood : shounen lovers, rejoice.

SwordSaint's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Well I'm a little into Anime myself and I keep myself updated following the series that I truly love! However, I'd like to say which Animes I like the most! I've been into Anime since 2009 when I first started watching: Naruto, Bleach, Hunter x Hunter, One Piece and Inuyasha. I literally fell in love with Anime!

1. Outbreak Company

I love this anime so much and I'm watching every single episode the moment they come out! I highly recommend watching this one! I like Harem + Slice of Life Animes such as this!

It's about an Otaku finding a random test and applying for a job which causes him to get transferred to another world as to where he must spread the Otaku Culture all over the place! It turns out Magic is possible there and they speak a different language but they got magic rings that translate their words into their native language etc. It's pretty awesome and I love it so much!

2. Log Horizon
    I love this one as well and it's perfectly fine. It reminds me of SAO and Moon Light Sculptor (A Korean Lightnovel concerning a virtual world where you live in an MMORPG). This is somewhat a great anime in my opinion. I literally like every single Anime that has anything to do with MMORPGS or Virtual Reality's. I got an MMORPG/Virtual Reality Fetish.

3. Strike the Blood
    I absolutely love this Anime! But it follows a certain Harem Pattern which makes it kinda cliche and yeah boring. I'm still watching it tho because I love Vampire Animes for some reason. It's about a normal Highschool boy who ends up becoming a Pureblood Vampire for some reason and trying to live a normal life. He ends up living a pretty super-natural Highschool life so to speak!

4. Tokyo Ravens
    I think the Manga was a little better than the Anime. But, I do like it and I will most likely watch it later. But I've dropped it for now and I'm following other Animes such as Hunter x Hunter (2011).
    Last edited by SwordSaint; 12-10-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Typos

Banned

Thanks
    don't forget;

Kill la kill - from the creators of tengen toppa gurenn lagann, where everything is over-the-top but still excels in everything it does.

Nagi no asukara - Romance/Drama, a definite must watch if you're into this kind of genre.

Golden time - From the creators of Toradora, a romance/drama/comedy anime with a nice love triangle going on, also a definite must watch if you're into this genre, and if you're impatient you can always read the visual novel.

Galilei Donna - From the creators of Sword art online, it's about the predecessors of the galileo bloodline that stumble upon a big journey left by the final print of galileo himself. also a must-watch to me personally.

ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    forgot about kill la kill.

I don't really like Nagi no Asakura, don't like most characters at all and everyone is too damn angsty. Also, fishknee.

Galilei Donna, as much as I want to enjoy it, I can't. Everything that happens just screams bullshit. Like when she stumbles upon this hobo who just happens to be a genius inventor (lol really) that conveniently happens to have made an All-Cure when she just happens to get sick and then he just happened to have a piece of Galileo's treasure whatever thingy which he happened to find lying around somewhere and decided to pick up and use as placemat. Really? REALLY?

I thought Golden Time was fun till they introduced ghost Banri. If they wanted to make a things go all drama between him and Linda, couldn't they do something more believable? Like him getting his memory back, atleast in small pieces? Feels like the writer just went '**** it! I can't think of any reason for Banri to like Linda again! Well, whatever, Ghost Banri it is.'

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    forgot about kill la kill.

I don't really like Nagi no Asakura, don't like most characters at all and everyone is too damn angsty. Also, fishknee.

Galilei Donna, as much as I want to enjoy it, I can't. Everything that happens just screams bullshit. Like when she stumbles upon this hobo who just happens to be a genius inventor (lol really) that conveniently happens to have made an All-Cure when she just happens to get sick and then he just happened to have a piece of Galileo's treasure whatever thingy which he happened to find lying around somewhere and decided to pick up and use as placemat. Really? REALLY?

I thought Golden Time was fun till they introduced ghost Banri. If they wanted to make a things go all drama between him and Linda, couldn't they do something more believable? Like him getting his memory back, atleast in small pieces? Feels like the writer just went '**** it! I can't think of any reason for Banri to like Linda again! Well, whatever, Ghost Banri it is.'
    as cliche as it is, I personally really enjoy it. they're doing a better job than the last few seasons which we're below average imo.

ftwxxx's Avatar 完美

Thanks

7. The following user said thank you to ftwxxx for this useful post:

ZAIN (12-12-2013)

SwordSaint's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lategame View Post
    Thanks for the head ups for dis. I'm gonna start watching the Anime later on!

Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sword Saint View Post
    Well I'm a little into Anime myself and I keep myself updated following the series that I truly love! However, I'd like to say which Animes I like the most! I've been into Anime since 2009 when I first started watching: Naruto, Bleach, Hunter x Hunter, One Piece and Inuyasha. I literally fell in love with Anime!

1. Outbreak Company

I love this anime so much and I'm watching every single episode the moment they come out! I highly recommend watching this one! I like Harem + Slice of Life Animes such as this!

It's about an Otaku finding a random test and applying for a job which causes him to get transferred to another world as to where he must spread the Otaku Culture all over the place! It turns out Magic is possible there and they speak a different language but they got magic rings that translate their words into their native language etc. It's pretty awesome and I love it so much!

2. Log Horizon
    I love this one as well and it's perfectly fine. It reminds me of SAO and Moon Light Sculptor (A Korean Lightnovel concerning a virtual world where you live in an MMORPG). This is somewhat a great anime in my opinion. I literally like every single Anime that has anything to do with MMORPGS or Virtual Reality's. I got an MMORPG/Virtual Reality Fetish.

3. Strike the Blood
    I absolutely love this Anime! But it follows a certain Harem Pattern which makes it kinda cliche and yeah boring. I'm still watching it tho because I love Vampire Animes for some reason. It's about a normal Highschool boy who ends up becoming a Pureblood Vampire for some reason and trying to live a normal life. He ends up living a pretty super-natural Highschool life so to speak!

4. Tokyo Ravens
    I think the Manga was a little better than the Anime. But, I do like it and I will most likely watch it later. But I've dropped it for now and I'm following other Animes such as Hunter x Hunter (2011).
    Good choice my son. However now-a-days its falling the **** off, I'm not gonna lie.

10. The following user said thank you to Farmer Bashy for this useful post:

Kira (12-14-2013)

KoreanAim's Avatar Mada mada dane

Thanks
    What about Kuroko no basuke 2?
    Only ones worth watching at the moment for me apart from the big ones are KnB2, HxH (2011) and Log Horizon. That's it.
    Y'ALL MUST'VE FORGOT

I am a figure of blood lust, an immortal entity
    Forget 9000, my power level is infinity.

12. The following user said thank you to KoreanAim for this useful post:

U_Eat_PoOp (12-14-2013)

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by KoreanAim View Post
    What about Kuroko no basuke 2?
    Only ones worth watching at the moment for me apart from the big ones are KnB2, HxH (2011) and Log Horizon. That's it.
    nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information