Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by K80L80 View Post
    So Linear made a text based gunz game? *confused* Linux has a terminal, its like command prompt. are you saying thats how he gets it running?

Maybe that is the problem, Its not loading the client protection, therefore, not loading. What is it called? is it supposed to be in the files somewhere? Maybe I could install that separatly into wine?

You could give me a custom build.. I wouldn't mind

Unfortunately, like I said, I cannot get windows on this hard drive. But I did just have an idea.

Funny, my middle name starts with an L...
    I was getting offtopic with what Linear did, and I'm cold so my vocabulary was lackluster. He made a gunz emulator for linux to run in the terminal.
    Unfortunately you are out of luck I guess for now, the client protection will stop emulators and things of that nature (WINE) and Virtual Machines (as EpicKLF hinted at earlier) and thus is most likely the reason.

I don't want to get too offtopic and this is pretty much solved but hm who knows I may know you.

K80L80's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was getting offtopic with what Linear did, and I'm cold so my vocabulary was lackluster. He made a gunz emulator for linux to run in the terminal.
    Unfortunately you are out of luck I guess for now, the client protection will stop emulators and things of that nature (WINE) and Virtual Machines (as EpicKLF hinted at earlier) and thus is most likely the reason.

I don't want to get too offtopic and this is pretty much solved but hm who knows I may know you.

no no no. this is far from solved. what is the client protection? gameguard right? or nguard? I know its one of those...can you give me that file seperatly from fgunz? What do the error numbers mean? Your my last hope!

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by K80L80 View Post
    no no no. this is far from solved. what is the client protection? gameguard right? or nguard? I know its one of those...can you give me that file seperatly from fgunz? What do the error numbers mean? Your my last hope!
    Client protection is different, we pack/obfuscate/protect our client from being loaded by debuggers and dissemblers. I cannot just tell you how it's protected because it's a security risk but it's built into GunZ.exe so it's not something you can get around. The bottom line is you will not be able to run FGunZ on linux. I believe the error numbers just mean the program itself terminated but I am not sure myself since I am out at work.

I will also try my hand at running the public client on Linux and tell you how I fare when I do it later but for now it's unfortunate and you will not be able to do it to the best of my knowledge.

K80L80's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Client protection is different, we pack/obfuscate/protect our client from being loaded by debuggers and dissemblers. I cannot just tell you how it's protected because it's a security risk but it's built into GunZ.exe so it's not something you can get around. The bottom line is you will not be able to run FGunZ on linux. I believe the error numbers just mean the program itself terminated but I am not sure myself since I am out at work.

I will also try my hand at running the public client on Linux and tell you how I fare when I do it later but for now it's unfortunate and you will not be able to do it to the best of my knowledge.
    Ok. Thanks

Thread Information