Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    K80L80's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Im getting a life lession from my computer. Windows blue screened and died. Linux is the only thing that would install, windows even blue screened on attempted reinstalls, and now my flash drive is shit too. SO right now I am stuck with Linux mint 16 petra which is ubuntu based and xfce. I have been learning alot these past few days, but I still cant get things to work right. Im trying to run FG from wine. It installs, launcher starts up, patches, and then I click "play" and eventually the launcher disapears and nothing happens. Ive tried switching the windows that wine uses, and it will give me different errors. like "1" and "2" which dont make much sence to me. Maybe someone can tell me what these number codes actually mean?? Also have tried changing the program files directory in wine, to be in 32 or 64 bit. neither work. I know people have had gunz on linux before, Ive read on other forums. Ive tried running it thru play on linux, which doesnt help either.

mlog:
    GUNZ 1,0,0,290 launched. build (Dec 19 2013 12:09:15)
    Log time (12/22/13 14:11:22)
    Linear88's Runnable!
    CPU ID = GenuineIntel ( family = 774 , model = 10 , stepping = 9 ) @ 3503 MHz
    Display Device = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 ( vendor=10de device=fc6 subsys=0 revision=0 )
    Display Driver Version = 8.15.0012.6658
    Windows = 6.1 Build 7601 , Service Pack 1 (64-bit) (2097151KB) : Windows 7..
    Game launch error (2) !!

mlog64:
    Gunz64 launched. Build (May 20 2013 02:28:56)
    Log time (12/22/13 14:35:18)
    Error [1]

launcherlog:
    [22/12/2013 14:35:12] Launcher was opened. Build Apr 28 2013 02:45:13
    [22/12/2013 14:35:12] Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    [22/12/2013 14:35:12] Current Directory: C:\Program Files\Freestyle GunZ Version 7
    [22/12/2013 14:35:13] Checking patch servers..
    [22/12/2013 14:35:13] Analyzing patch info..
    [22/12/2013 14:35:13] Processing files..
    [22/12/2013 14:35:14] Ready to start.
    [22/12/2013 14:35:16] Starting game...
    [22/12/2013 14:35:33] Launcher was closed.

katie@Sexy-beast ~ $ inxi -F
    System: Host: Sexy-beast Kernel: 3.11.0-12-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Xfce 4.10.2 Distro: Linux Mint 16 Petra
    Machine: System: Gigabyte product: N/A
    Mobo: Gigabyte model: Z77-DS3H Bios: American Megatrends version: F8 date: 08/21/2012
    CPU: Quad core Intel Core i7-3770K CPU (-MCP-) cache: 8192 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx)
    Clock Speeds: 1: 3503.499 MHz 2: 3503.499 MHz 3: 3503.499 MHz 4: 3503.499 MHz
    Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GK107 [GeForce GTX 650]
    X.Org: 1.14.3 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau) Resolution: [email protected]
    GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 650/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 319.32
    Audio: Card-1: NVIDIA GK107 HDMI Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: ALSA ver: k3.11.0-12-generic
    Card-2: Intel 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
    Network: Card: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet driver: alx
    IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: 90:2b:34:5e:e1:fd
    Drives: HDD Total Size: 320.1GB (4.0% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: ST3320620AS size: 320.1GB
    Partition: ID: / size: 262G used: 12G (5%) fs: ext4 ID: /boot size: 237M used: 45M (20%) fs: ext2
    ID: swap-1 size: 34.32GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap
    RAID: No RAID devices detected - /proc/mdstat and md_mod kernel raid module present
    Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 33.0C mobo: 29.8C gpu: 27C
    Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
    Info: Processes: 198 Uptime: 2 days Memory: 2266.5/32138.9MB Client: Shell inxi: 1.8.4

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    I don't have that experienced with this sorta stuff but as for the launcher closing and the game not launching, have you tried simply disabling anti virus's?

Thanks
    antivirus? you dont need that on linux silly.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    It doesn't support FGunZ out of the box, you'll have to make certain changes for it to work 100%.
    Unfortunately, I don't have that knowledge.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    Wine is not reliable, especially in the case of macs. You have to get a proper Virtual machine, but then Gunz will say, it won't support virtual machines. So I can't help you either. I did see that the operating system its virtualising is Windows 7. Could you try and change it to Windows XP?Only suggestion I can give.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I commend you on your effort on this, and I may actually try to get GunZ to work on linux. (I know Linear has created a stripped down command line emulator type of sort but it's not playable just a terminal window basically for linux.)

First things first though, WINE, and you should already know what that stands for, but to reiterate; [W]INE [I]s [N]ot an [E]mulator. What wine does is allow for a few basic properties of windows programs to be emulated. (WINAPI, .NET framework, etc.. my definition is lacking but google can cover that.)

Now other things, GunZ in the classic sense can be run on Linux, FGunZ cannot. There are multiple reasons but as a generic one I'm almost 100% sure FGunZ's client protection will explicitly work against wine. We also cannot just disable this or give you a custom build for your own use so unfortunately for you to run FGunZ I do not think it's likely, for me to run FGunZ, well that's a different story. You will probably have to jump back onto windows to play FGunZ unless linear has any plans to make a fully linux supporting version of GunZ (hah).

Side note: I knew a Katie once who was fairly well off with computers, that wouldn't happen to be you would it? Katie L or something I think.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I commend you on your effort on this, and I may actually try to get GunZ to work on linux. (I know Linear has created a stripped down command line emulator type of sort but it's not playable just a terminal window basically for linux.)

First things first though, WINE, and you should already know what that stands for, but to reiterate; [W]INE [I]s [N]ot an [E]mulator. What wine does is allow for a few basic properties of windows programs to be emulated. (WINAPI, .NET framework, etc.. my definition is lacking but google can cover that.)

Now other things, GunZ in the classic sense can be run on Linux, FGunZ cannot. There are multiple reasons but as a generic one I'm almost 100% sure FGunZ's client protection will explicitly work against wine. We also cannot just disable this or give you a custom build for your own use so unfortunately for you to run FGunZ I do not think it's likely, for me to run FGunZ, well that's a different story. You will probably have to jump back onto windows to play FGunZ unless linear has any plans to make a fully linux supporting version of GunZ (hah).

Side note: I knew a Katie once who was fairly well off with computers, that wouldn't happen to be you would it? Katie L or something I think.
    So Linear made a text based gunz game? *confused* Linux has a terminal, its like command prompt. are you saying thats how he gets it running?

Maybe that is the problem, Its not loading the client protection, therefore, not loading. What is it called? is it supposed to be in the files somewhere? Maybe I could install that separatly into wine?

You could give me a custom build.. I wouldn't mind

Unfortunately, like I said, I cannot get windows on this hard drive. But I did just have an idea.

Funny, my middle name starts with an L...

Originally Posted by EpicKLF View Post
    Wine is not reliable, especially in the case of macs. You have to get a proper Virtual machine, but then Gunz will say, it won't support virtual machines. So I can't help you either. I did see that the operating system its virtualising is Windows 7. Could you try and change it to Windows XP?Only suggestion I can give.
    -.-

Originally Posted by K80L80 View Post
    Ive tried switching the windows that wine uses,
    Last edited by K80L80; 12-22-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    So Linear made a text based gunz game? *confused* Linux has a terminal, its like command prompt. are you saying thats how he gets it running?

Maybe that is the problem, Its not loading the client protection, therefore, not loading. What is it called? is it supposed to be in the files somewhere? Maybe I could install that separatly into wine?

You could give me a custom build.. I wouldn't mind

Unfortunately, like I said, I cannot get windows on this hard drive. But I did just have an idea.

Funny, my middle name starts with an L...
    I was getting offtopic with what Linear did, and I'm cold so my vocabulary was lackluster. He made a gunz emulator for linux to run in the terminal.
    Unfortunately you are out of luck I guess for now, the client protection will stop emulators and things of that nature (WINE) and Virtual Machines (as EpicKLF hinted at earlier) and thus is most likely the reason.

I don't want to get too offtopic and this is pretty much solved but hm who knows I may know you.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was getting offtopic with what Linear did, and I'm cold so my vocabulary was lackluster. He made a gunz emulator for linux to run in the terminal.
    Unfortunately you are out of luck I guess for now, the client protection will stop emulators and things of that nature (WINE) and Virtual Machines (as EpicKLF hinted at earlier) and thus is most likely the reason.

I don't want to get too offtopic and this is pretty much solved but hm who knows I may know you.

no no no. this is far from solved. what is the client protection? gameguard right? or nguard? I know its one of those...can you give me that file seperatly from fgunz? What do the error numbers mean? Your my last hope!

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    no no no. this is far from solved. what is the client protection? gameguard right? or nguard? I know its one of those...can you give me that file seperatly from fgunz? What do the error numbers mean? Your my last hope!
    Client protection is different, we pack/obfuscate/protect our client from being loaded by debuggers and dissemblers. I cannot just tell you how it's protected because it's a security risk but it's built into GunZ.exe so it's not something you can get around. The bottom line is you will not be able to run FGunZ on linux. I believe the error numbers just mean the program itself terminated but I am not sure myself since I am out at work.

I will also try my hand at running the public client on Linux and tell you how I fare when I do it later but for now it's unfortunate and you will not be able to do it to the best of my knowledge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information