Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Donator

Thanks
    - Processor: AMD A4-5000M Quad Core (1.5GHz, 2MB Cache)
    - RAM: 4GB (DDR3 1600MHZ)
    - Graphics: Dedicated (AMD Radeon HD 8570M with 1GB Dedicated RAM)

Hoping to get 250 fps, in all game modes. What do you think guys?

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Good enough for a game like GunZ. FPS usually depends on the map though.
    I could even play GunZ on an old laptop with a single core and <10Mb GPU memory.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Just set fps max to 250, if you have issues you can always use GameBooster and such or archtype.

Boss's Avatar 伊諾

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Just set fps max to 250, if you have issues you can always use GameBooster and such or archtype.
    Gamebooster lol
    Male 1: "check out this paki he's doing a donut in his car"
    Male 2: "is that a toyota corola?"
    Male 1: "no, its a VW golf"

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    I'd doubt you could hit 250 consistently. My PC itself ran a 9800GT and a dual core processor @ 2.81ghz and gets some nasty drops at times depending on how many models there are in view. Though it's very old, it was powerful enough to play some modern games at decent framerates.

In addition, my laptop with a core i5 3320m with Intel HD 4000 (surprisingly good for the overall price of the laptop) and I cap at 250 frames with just only a few models in plain sight; after about 6 or 7 the frames begin to decline. Your only upside is that you have 4 cores blasting in, but we're also talking about an APU here.

Now, these are just my experiences, but seeing comparisons to your laptop, it seems it just may not do the job you want it to. Just see what you can do and hope for the best.

Boss's Avatar 伊諾

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    I'd doubt you could hit 250 consistently. My PC itself ran a 9800GT and a dual core processor @ 2.81ghz and gets some nasty drops at times depending on how many models there are in view. Though it's very old, it was powerful enough to play some modern games at decent framerates.

In addition, my laptop with a core i5 3320m with Intel HD 4000 (surprisingly good for the overall price of the laptop) and I cap at 250 frames with just only a few models in plain sight; after about 6 or 7 the frames begin to decline. Your only upside is that you have 4 cores blasting in, but we're also talking about an APU here.
    Doubt GunZ uses more than one core. What do you need 250 fps for anyway?

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    FPS will be dependant on the map and amount of players in the room, plus the animations going on in the room.

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Doubt GunZ uses more than one core. What do you need 250 fps for anyway?
    250 is generally the rate where any higher it becomes unnoticeable. I once hit 400 and noticed no difference between that and 250, but anything considerably lower (~220) becomes less and less smooth. To me, 250 is the perfect rate because my inputs are the most accurate, but once I'm 200 or lower, my reload shots tend to be quite slower and my dbfs slow down a considerable amount.

Overall, to some players, like myself, 250 is very beneficial whereas some people have the shit luck to play possibly from 60-200 fps not realizing they'd probably do even better at better framerates.

Thanks
    your computer will operate gunz fine. You MAY experience a frame drop when you have a lot of characters on screen, but for the most part it shouldn't have any problems.

Boss's Avatar 伊諾

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    250 is generally the rate where any higher it becomes unnoticeable. I once hit 400 and noticed no difference between that and 250, but anything considerably lower (~220) becomes less and less smooth. To me, 250 is the perfect rate because my inputs are the most accurate, but once I'm 200 or lower, my reload shots tend to be quite slower and my dbfs slow down a considerable amount.

Overall, to some players, like myself, 250 is very beneficial whereas some people have the shit luck to play possibly from 60-200 fps not realizing they'd probably do even better at better framerates.
    Bullshit. If framerate drops are not taken into account, you cannot see a difference in framerate higher than your monitors refreshrate (which for most people is 60).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information