Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Country
    Thanks

SheS3xyGirl's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    This anime is World of Warcraft with some changes. It's not bad, but the plot seems to be going on very slowly.

Let thy mind,
    Hundreds of aeons hence,
    Be set on the midst of knowledge,
    And reject thy source of ignorance.

Osuu's Avatar The ultimate Potato.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Farmer Bashy View Post
    It isn't. In fact I haven't even seen any hype on it. SAO set the bar and log horizon can't even try to reach it.

Log horizon's focus is too non-realistic, SAO's focus was more realistic. So far in log horizon I haven't seen people panic much and stress the frustrating fact that they are stuck in the game; instead they accept it. WHICH IS NON-REALISTIC.

Think about it logically. If people were STUCK in a game don't you think they would worry about not being able to see their friends and family ever again. Log horizon doesn't stress that. Instead they made the characters accept the fact that they were stuck WAY TOO EASILY.

That's why SAO is soo good. Because they stress EVERYTHING that would have needed to be stressed in that situation. The plot in SAO is a VERY VERY good plot.

But the best anime plot award would have to go to shinsekai yori and number 2 would be psycho-pass.
    *coughs*bullsht*cough*

And, lots of reviews on myanimelist agrees with me, eg.:

"For one, the main character is a realistic gamer, and not some incredibly photogenic Overpowered teenager, who just so happened to practice martial arts when he was younger. Instead, the main character of Log Horizon is an elite couch potato, with a mind made of pure strategy-sauce and a rather lanky and skinny frame, which is great, because most 'elite' gamers are a lot like this in real life.

The supporting characters are a great deal more 'down to earth' than Sword Art Online's cast as well, their purposes as characters are a lot more obvious and the way the Lead's companion's mind's work in tandom with his borders on the scary."- Hircine

I'm not trying to start another debate about how SAO is bad etc etc. But you REALLY can't say that SAO is realistic '-'
    --------------
    On topic:
    Log Horizon was pretty good in my opinion and showed the aspects of many MMORPG games, it was fun and interesting to watch too and sadly I find it "under-hyped".
    Last edited by Osuu; 02-02-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Creds to Lemonish^

4. The following 2 users say thank you to Osuu for this useful post:

Finx (02-09-2014), SuperShotty (02-10-2014)

Error 404 Not Found

Thanks
    life is like a miracle, but also a tragical.
    there are two ways to live, live as if nothing is a miracle and as if everything is a miracle.

Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Osuu View Post
    *coughs*bullsht*cough*

And, lots of reviews on myanimelist agrees with me, eg.:

"For one, the main character is a realistic gamer, and not some incredibly photogenic Overpowered teenager, who just so happened to practice martial arts when he was younger. Instead, the main character of Log Horizon is an elite couch potato, with a mind made of pure strategy-sauce and a rather lanky and skinny frame, which is great, because most 'elite' gamers are a lot like this in real life.

The supporting characters are a great deal more 'down to earth' than Sword Art Online's cast as well, their purposes as characters are a lot more obvious and the way the Lead's companion's mind's work in tandom with his borders on the scary."- Hircine

I'm not trying to start another debate about how SAO is bad etc etc. But you REALLY can't say that SAO is realistic '-'
    --------------
    On topic:
    Log Horizon was pretty good in my opinion and showed the aspects of many MMORPG games, it was fun and interesting to watch too and sadly I find it "under-hyped".
    OMG why can't people FINISH reading before commenting? That's a bad habit you know...

Read what I said after:
    "Think about it logically. If people were STUCK in a game don't you think they would worry about not being able to see their friends and family ever again. Log horizon doesn't stress that. Instead they made the characters accept the fact that they were stuck WAY TOO EASILY. "

In that sense.. maybe you won't admit it because from what you stated up there it seems as if you hate SAO.. so you will be biased about it, but for most anime watchers the plot was good and the anime characters reactions were very realistic; more realistic than log horizon for sure.

Also, I don't wanna hear what some unknown kid who I've never spoken to online said. I'm not interested in what he has to say. I am however interested in YOUR OWN pov. So I would very much like it next time if you quote yourself giving your own pov instead of someone else.

I do however understand what he was saying. And to an extent I do agree with it. However, if after entering a game you heard you were stuck in it for the rest of your life.. I wonder if you would take it as easily as log horizon characters have... the answer is no.
    Last edited by Farmer Bashy; 02-09-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information