View Poll Results: Old GunZ or New GunZ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old GunZ

38 55.88%
  • New GunZ

30 44.12%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Delineate's Avatar Video Contest Winner 2K13

Country
    Thanks
    I think the problem of FGunZ is, balancing, the majority of items and room mods.
    Not saying they're bad, but I think there should be a max amount of room-modded rooms for ppl who want to level fast for instance
    And balancing the items would be the next consideration. Too many bells and whistles. Shotguns that don't look legendary at all, a currency system that's broken..

The grind is gone, everything is at the palm at your hands except for items you can get through cash only, so technically nothing different than how GunZ was. Pay 2 win, you just abide by playing and aiming better.

However playing better is nearly impossible here vs LB and Donor shotty combo if they potshot you to death.
    It's also due to GunZ's meta; double Shotgun combo because the bullets get sprayed, and a PB is a lot more secure than spraying with an Assault Rifle, or pin-pointing with a revolver. Of course it's harder than using shotgun so that's why I can understand, but Dave replied to my AskFM question about the meta, he'd like to see more than just SGO stuff, but if the damage/delay is pretty much made for Shotgun/Sword purpose, then it's pretty pointless to rant about this.
    Previously known as: Kageyami

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jakanadin View Post
    Old Community, New GunZ. New GunZ added multiple fresh ideas to the mix; new game modes, items, tags, etc.. Added new levels to the game-play. I mean really, did everyone REALLY prefer Full Sewer EDM's, Attack and Defense, and random BR locked rooms 24/7? Plus we have more players now then we ever had back then. The amount we have on now was the cap we'd have 4 to 5 years ago. I just miss a lot of people(Mostly EVERYONE I played with or was friends with when I was new here is currently banned).
    I mean do we really want to return to the times of Wowus/Gucci? Lmao. **** that. Back then our balls for the longest time were so much in a vice grip it sucked ass playing. I like the new. So much less drama. Granted I have close to no friends from the old golden days, but that's life. You make new.
    I wouldn't go back to the old days if you paid me. Tons of hackers, and Dave wasn't near as knowledgeable back then.
    I'm not talking about new FGunZ vs old FGunZ, but old IGunZ and old ijjiGunZ vs new GunZ from after like 2011.

Gibby's Avatar Gibby!

Thanks
    New gunz, I've been playing the old gunz a lot before, those times were good but it's always was annoying when some was using hacks or some had high ping which made it hard for me to aim.
    I think the new gunz is better because it has so many maps & daily events, and a lot of items in the bounty shop.
    So in my opinion the new gunz is way better.

Prone's Avatar Honesty is key ~

Country
    Thanks
    New gunz cuz me newgen.
    Credits to Azuki

* ~ Obsessed With Love ~ *
    +*~Give me your Heart; I'll give you my Life~*+
    Check out my poems at: http://meaningbehindit.blogspot.com/

Chevy's Avatar Oldgen

Country
    Thanks
    i've been playing Gunz since it was released 'The Official MAIET Gunz' and that was boring so I came to HNGunz a.k.a Fgunz when Ukrainer released it. That were the glory times and the times I miss the most (2006 - 2008). Why? because I miss all the people that were playing back in the old days, it was a fun community and I know the reason behind that to... but it grew bigger and bigger so more people had to come and that messed up the fun community we had back there, this is a normal thing and you don't hear my complaining about it. I can agree why some of us wan't the old Gunz back 'because it was fun, less ego, no mods, just old school and that is wat I like the most. The newer people who were introduced to Gunz don't know those times, they grew up with the anti-lead and all the mods there are.

So my opinion is if we didn't have all those mods and anti-lead for these new kids where would we be now?

ps: I have basically played every Gunz there is also ijji, but I never left Freestyle Gunz...
    https://freestylersworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=627&dateline=1270208230

ben105's Avatar Detective Conan

Country
    Thanks
    new gunz is better

Espera's Avatar Jason

Thanks
    New GunZ is better

Thanks
    It is strange seeing one of these topics. A lot of people do not understand the amount of growth came from the International version to current GunZ pservers. The community in I-GunZ/ijji was very helpful back then. Most people would learn from seeing someone complete their first butterfly or double butterfly wondering how it was possible. The growth from I-GunZ starting with tumbles, spray, revs, random sg users and even the beginning of the wall cancel.. all of these things were new and unfounded to many original players. Over time more advanced moves or actions (styles of play) began to sweep over GunZ. This is what made GunZ such an original FPS game. It was all the glitches and twists you could combine in order to accomplish a new move.

People keep claiming it was the "hacking" that ruined the old gunz. Lets not forget about UC, MRB, and a few other items that allowed certain players to manipulate the actions of the character even easier giving them the edge over the "natural" player. These are not hacks but simply understanding your hardware and tweaking it for the competitive edge. Some believe these people are lame ass hats but then again who is better if you kill a UC with 90+ ping and you yourself are not UCing

As for new gunz there are also some good points here as well. There are new additions to maps, room mods, and a couple other additions like new prems that allow your imagination to flow on these types of games. Unfortunately that leads into a lack of skill when you can simply get in a room with infinant ammo and spam away never having to play conservatively since your ammo is unlimited. This can be a fun room but in the end usually leads into those using reload shot to spam hell upon anyone who walks in range of the weapon they are using.

I do enjoy some of the new prems like pred launcher ;D thats always an interesting game. Events are something that didn't exist on I-GunZ so seeing them here makes it a lot more interesting and competitive.

All in all with the oldgen rant I think nostalgia + uncharted skies will always have me believing Old Gunz > New Gunz but in the end its the New GunZ that allows us to play still so +1 to FGunZ for allowing us to keep up the pew pew.

Banned

Thanks
    I prefer new gunz.

Spirestone's Avatar Possible

Thanks
    All said New GunZ and 60.71% voted to old GunZ.
    I prefer New GunZ its better(less hackers more stuff).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information