-AznNinja's Avatar Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Do I overclock?

Lately many people have been complaining to me that I'm unlegit. Hell, I might be and I don't even know it. In my own replays and to others, it appears that I am moving too fast, or faster than the norm. Honestly I don't know if it is because I am truly oc'ing, or that I'm just a fast player. Not trying to be pretentious but, I've played this game for a long time, not as long as most people but in my experience with GunZ, I've mainly played as a speed/evasive player. Throughout the years of playing, I've trained my playstyle to be as random as possible while still being fluent. I'm not saying that I'm the fastest player out there, but I believe I'm faster than most people (if I really am "legit"). I created this thread to see what others think of my speed, if it is legit or not, because honestly I don't even know any more. Even I notice that I move alot faster than others, but that's how I've always been.

I've played GunZ on a laptop for most of my gunz career. Due to having no laptop of my own for a year, I had to switch over to desktop. It was a shitty desktop, Epson. I noticed that my fps was usually around 80-120 when playing on the desktop. But now playing with the current laptop I have, and even the laptop before I switched to desktop, I notice that I am able to move extremely faster than on the desktop. My normal FPS on my laptop is around 170-220. I cant remember how much FPS I got with my old laptop, but I could tell you that it felt alot more responsive than my shit desktop.

- So is it because of FPS I am able to move faster?
    - Does more FPS = faster gameplay?
    - What is considered normal FPS for a GunZ player?

One thing I would like to point out though. Since I've played GunZ with laptops my whole life, I've always used touchpad. Recently I got a mouse from a friend, a Logitech Optimal Mouse and I notice/feel a great difference. Since I've been playing with this mouse I feel as if my moves are alot more responsive (slashing/flipping). Using the touchpad buttons, I feel kind of sluggish. So it may be the mouse? I don't know.

My laptop

I don't know what else to show about my laptop because I really have no knowledge about this kind of stuff. So if you guys need more information about it, go ahead and ask (but pls guide me through it cause idk what i'm doin '-')

I've done nothing to enhance my laptop in any way shape or form, never installed any kind of program to give me any kind of advantage (except razer game booster if that counts, i don't even use it tho idk know how lmao) Only thing I've done to it is maybe spill chowder soup on it.

My Playstyle
    My playstyle consists of LOTS of dashing. My style is a mix of Kstyle/Dstyle. Alot of switch dashing, late dash, half half steps, windsteps, block rush, etc. Basically a lot of evasive maneuvers. Most of my patterns when playing is a zigzag. I dash back and forth lots, combined with block rushes. When I execute these moves, I try to be as quick as possible, tapping the buttons to avoid unnecessary move delay (for example, tapping instead of pressing the button longer than needed)
    I've trained my muscle memory well enough to know when to execute a move right after finishing another to achieve the fastest speed/least delay possible. Especially with dashing. I dash back and forth so much that it is basically engraved into my head when I play. I just do it automatically as if it was breathing.

Gameplay
    Here are some recordings of my gameplay. Both ingame recording from replays with fraps, and actual live gameplay (provided with a link of the replay file). Like I said before, my usual FPS is around 170-220 (sometimes it drops to 130-170 idk why but its fking irritating) When I record with fraps, the FPS drops to around 40.
    *** Male gameplay will be posted aswell. (when I get the chance to record)
    *** I advise you to download the replays and watch for yourself
    *** Recorded at around 40 FPS (FRAPS)

replay file: http://speedy.sh/wyaGm/replay-2.gzr

replay file: http://speedy.sh/4BTRf/replay-3.gzr

replay file: http://speedy.sh/9rsS7/replay-4-duel.gzr

I had headphones on in this one which explains the no sounds of shooting/slashing.

replay file: http://speedy.sh/A3JCh/replay-5-duel.gzr

This is just a replay showing my gameplay.( before i thought of doing live recordings.)

As you can see/hear, I'm a pretty hardcore button masher.

Conclusion
    I would like to say that if my laptop really is oc'd, then that is to blame the company that made this laptop. I have only bought it, and adapted to what it is. I've never had any intentions/attempts of speeding myself up through programs or of any such. I merely trained to reach the speed that I and what my laptop is capable of ingame. The worst I've done ingame was probably swap for exp '-'.

This is not me trying to justify that I don't OC, it's more of me asking you guys if I've been playing with an oc'd laptop this whole time.
    So if any of you have any ideas/theories as to why I'm able to move so fast, ask away because I myself only know that it was through legit gameplay experience.
    Last edited by -AznNinja; 02-10-2014 at 05:22 AM.

Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely </3

Thanks
    this is exactly how i play when I got a mouse with scroll

looks legit

- So is it because of FPS I am able to move faster?
    no
    - Does more FPS = faster gameplay?
    no (smoother yes)
    - What is considered normal FPS for a GunZ player?
    250-333 is what most people use, dstylers mostly 120 ish.
    I personally veriate 250 (when I got a mouse with scroll, simulair game play like you) or without scroll 1000 fps +.

edit;
    If you set your resolution lower you might get more fps.
    Last edited by Steff; 02-10-2014 at 03:14 AM.

3. The following user said thank you to Steff for this useful post:

-AznNinja (02-10-2014)

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    Fast movement for 40 fps, nice man. Like the play style.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

SheS3xyGirl's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Lol at this whole thing? Are you being a troll?

Let thy mind,
    Hundreds of aeons hence,
    Be set on the midst of knowledge,
    And reject thy source of ignorance.

-AznNinja's Avatar Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mardilz View Post
    Fast movement for 40 fps, nice man. Like the play style.
    I was playing with an average of 200 FPS.
    I was recording through a replay with 40 FPS (FRAPS)

@SheS3xyGirl

No I'm not trolling, I am constantly told that I am moving way too fast ingame. Main reason why I stay away from CW because some butthurt kids would report me.
    Lately I've been sticking to quest, lvling my alt ;_;

Google's Avatar 눈 ͜ಎ눈

Thanks
    2gud. I want to play GunZ again :c

yt.com/ricardomartinswy

Thanks
    i had the same issue but with underclock instead ahahah XD

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Seems theres nothing wrong, you really dont move faster then i do '-', maybe your just playing vs people that aren't that good.

10. The following user said thank you to Colour for this useful post:

-AznNinja (02-26-2014)

Prostidude's Avatar I charge 90 by the pop.

Thanks
    You're moving just like me. No you don't OC.
    "Nine, "Ko-Kon" cried the mighty Kurama"

12. The following user said thank you to Prostidude for this useful post:

-AznNinja (02-26-2014)

Thread Information