CnC / Tips pls

2287 x 879

Used:

Moons:

Mountain:

Skies:

SheS3xyGirl's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Not a bad start at all. Space is always on the easier side to work with.

I like it so far, but here's a few things I would work on.
    First I would check the light source you have and make sure it makes sense. One of the things to pay attention to would also be the color of the light that you have. For example, a sunset shouldn't be the same shade as a night sky, especially if you make the space so many colors. I would potentially add something that can unify the sky, as well as the sky colors.
    I would start there, and if you make those changes I'll critique it further =)

Let thy mind,
    Hundreds of aeons hence,
    Be set on the midst of knowledge,
    And reject thy source of ignorance.

Aether's Avatar Tryhard

Country
    Thanks
    Nice job for just starting. I'm not that great with GFX so Yeah can't really give tips.

Prone's Avatar Honesty is key ~

Country
    Thanks
    I know nothing of CnC and stuff. I think everything is good so I cant give any constructive criticism. Just start from there and keep improving if need be. c:
    Credits to Azuki

* ~ Obsessed With Love ~ *
    +*~Give me your Heart; I'll give you my Life~*+
    Check out my poems at: http://meaningbehindit.blogspot.com/

Rhysin's Avatar Freestyler

Thanks
    The most important things when trying to do a piece like this are color and quality matching. The quality of the mountains is higher and the color range is more grey/less saturated. Tweak the colors and make transitions from different resources smoother.

Donator

Thanks
    For just beginning, you did a pretty nice job. Space is always good for beginning because you can basically put any space-like render anywhere on the final image and it will still blend quite well. Keep at it & you will definitely improve. If you decide to keep making space images, remember that there is NO "perfect space" so feel free to experiment (: Well done though.
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

Ingame Registration Date: July 6, 2012
    Forum Registration Date: July 13 2012

Jordy's Avatar jordy

Country
    Thanks
    Not a bad start at all. Space is always on the easier side to work with.

I like it so far, but here's a few things I would work on.
    First I would check the light source you have and make sure it makes sense. One of the things to pay attention to would also be the color of the light that you have. For example, a sunset shouldn't be the same shade as a night sky, especially if you make the space so many colors. I would potentially add something that can unify the sky, as well as the sky colors.
    I would start there, and if you make those changes I'll critique it further =)
    Thank you for the tips, next time i will look to the colors and ofc the light

The most important things when trying to do a piece like this are color and quality matching. The quality of the mountains is higher and the color range is more grey/less saturated. Tweak the colors and make transitions from different resources smoother.
    Thanks, next time I will look further in the color of the mountains

For just beginning, you did a pretty nice job. Space is always good for beginning because you can basically put any space-like render anywhere on the final image and it will still blend quite well. Keep at it & you will definitely improve. If you decide to keep making space images, remember that there is NO "perfect space" so feel free to experiment (: Well done though.
    Thank you and ofcourse, i alweys will experiment xD.

EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    The picture is very well done for your first, you deleted the sky with precision and effort, but the brightness and perspective is waaaaay off. You added a night sky to a mountain at day time. Also, space cannot be red and blue at the same time, only if the colours are very dull.

Here is my attempt to fix it:

Thats what I think it should look like, except a bit brighter...

But seriously, for something you consider beginner's work, it's actually very well done! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your future projects.

Jordy's Avatar jordy

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EpicKLF View Post
    The picture is very well done for your first, you deleted the sky with precision and effort, but the brightness and perspective is waaaaay off. You added a night sky to a mountain at day time. Also, space cannot be red and blue at the same time, only if the colours are very dull.

Here is my attempt to fix it:
    http://puu.sh/725Pa/9100261428.png

Thats what I think it should look like, except a bit brighter...

But seriously, for something you consider beginner's work, it's actually very well done! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your future projects.
    Thank you, the next time i will work on the light effect of the mountains xD

Eey guys i edited a bit, is this a little better?

Edited: the brightness of mountains but i kept the skies the same.
    Last edited by Jordy; 02-19-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Thread Information