Which would you prefer?

Neon Genesis Evangelion or Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion? I have currently started watching these too animes, I will finish Code Geass before I finish Neon Genesis, so far I am on season 2 of Code Geass and I love it. Lelouch Lamperouge has been moved up my list of favorite characters and same with the plot. It's just like chess, so much fun.

Now when it comes to Neon Genesis, I have only gotten to episode 6, It seems boring sorta I am quick to judge this one but I feel impatient. I like how Shinji Ikari builds up the courage when it came to fighting the Angels and going berserk most of the time but I'm 6 episodes into the anime and it just seems mehh to me.. I've heard from a lot that it's really good but would someone tell me where it starts to get good? But what are your likes and dislikes of these 2 animes?

Do you prefer 1 over the other or do like both? Right now I am prefer Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion more then Neon Genesis. But like I said I am only 6 episodes into the anime so maybe it might get good later on I don't know. When I start an anime I tend to watch it all the way through, unless it is super boring almost all the way through. I will most likely watch the movies of Neon Genesis also. I know I have seen one of them already I forget which one though.

But I am pretty sure it goes in this order. Hopefully I am right or someone correct me please.
I read that the movies are rebuilds of the anime series, so should I just continue watching the anime or just watch the movies?

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth
Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone
Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance
Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo