Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Now before we start this debate, I would like to make the point to say that everything has value. We can all pretend that it is "Impossible to put value on human life", but it is done every day around us. Whether it be insurance agencies, politicians, manufacturers, or murders, everyone puts value on human life, so why can we not do the same?

Now let us make the ground rules. Just to make this as impersonal and apathetic as possible, "Human Life" will be defined as an ordinary individual that has no effect on your being, no ties to your person, and lives a relatively "normal" life. Joe Shmow or Jane Crow if you will.

What dollar amount is his/ her life worth to you?
    Does the value change depending on age? 20? 40? 70? 90?
    What about health, is a sickly person worth more or is usefulness the key?
    If immortality were possible, what would be its value?
    What is your life worth to you?

Answer any, all, or none of these questions; I simply left them to start some discussion. Let it rack your brain a bit, because in a society woven together so tightly, we all effect each others lives.

Extra:
    Interesting values by recent studies.

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    Oh god no, don't start this..

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by King Haze View Post
    Oh god no, don't start this..
    It's already begun.

Banned

Thanks
    $500,000 for Organs?
    Where is diz black market, I'll personally shank my own kidney out with a rusty knife.

Ollypayy's Avatar LateDash Kiiiiiiiiinggggg

Thanks
    Existential Nihilism

nuff said 0k

had to do an essay 0n it 0nce g_G

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    I think it's impossible to value human lives, simply because we don't need to be valued. We aren't meant to be worth anything but a human live.

Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely </3

Thanks
    0$
    That's what I think a life of a person is worth, including mine.

Living is about survival, the economics are there so we all can survive.

If you can't defend your self and you die, you failed.

0$

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    I don't think humans even deserve to have value, All we do is "Wasting air" not to mention how we ruined the air by creating factory's and all these other thing's, There isn't one thing that's good for the humans. Because everything that's on the world as we know it now, Is made by humans, And we all know that whatever the humans create is bad for us all.

soni's Avatar worst player in gunz

Thanks
    tree fitty

10. The following 3 users say thank you to soni for this useful post:

-AznNinja (03-14-2014), Resort (03-19-2014), Sonji (03-14-2014)

Osuu's Avatar The ultimate Potato.

Thanks
    If I were to put a value on someone, I'd base it depending his influence towards the world as a whole, economically or even environmentally. And the change in value due to age will completely depend on his "influence". So if a philosopher ages, he/she value won't decrease, it might actually increase due to experience. However, a soldier (for example) will be worth the most during his prime, around 20-30(?), assuming he is a "normal" person, and doesn't achieve something significant and become useful for his experience.

Sickly people would normally be worth less, as they are less useful, however in some rare cases, if the person has a rare disease or an incurable disease and allows experiments on him, his usefulness increases.

If immortality was possible, and assuming you meant by EVERYONE being immortal, then generally, most people's value will increase, as they are able to contribute to society more, on the other hand, everyone's value may not increase as value can be considered a ratio. It may not be criteria-based, but depending on your usefulness compared to others.

As for the value of my life... I honestly can't answer that, I may be biased so I think it's up to others to decide. But I'll thinking about it and answer later :d

Creds to Lemonish^

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information