Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    AFAIK, i've used every polygon to maintain either the model silhouette and/or UV's, there shouldnt be any polygon without purpose.

this was only to practice my handpainting, and having extra detail on the model makes for great visual support when you have to paint in all the lights and shadows yourself. even so, this is still pretty low poly even for current-gen. and yes, if i wanted to i could cut down the tricount a lot, but that would cause texture stretching and loss in sillhouette (which wouldnt really be noticable in GunZ, anyway). but as it stands, no one has expressed their desire to put this in their server, so for now i'm not going the extra mile to lower-polify this.
    Yes cutting some edges might disrupt the model and texture, but it's not just that. If this would be in-game content then the handle should be 6/8 verts and nothing more. There are a lot of parts that aren't visible during gameplay, especially grips etc. which are covered by body parts (hands) shouldn't involve that many faces. And by saying that nobody has interest, I don't know the facts but I for sure haven't seen that many good comments let alone good models around here. If you can cut this up into a decent polycount, I'm sure people would have some interest. But other than that, could also be for portfolio work / future pserver content.

Gj anyways, would like to see more work coming from you

ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    your critique is very valid and i have said the exact same thing to many others, but i'll restate : i never intended for this item to be imported into any game so its not optimized for any game.

thanks for the first real c&c ive gotten here

3. The following user said thank you to ZAIN for this useful post:

slugheady (04-12-2014)

Country
    Thanks
    wow really nice sword keep it up

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information