Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 107
  1. #91
    New Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thanked
    15
    Thanks
    13
    Originally Posted by kingofswords View Post
    -deleted-

    Edit :

    Alright let's stop trolling and flaming now. All our arguments are based on years ago anyway so basically anything said by anyone about anyone is invalid by default.

    Let's proof ourselves on the tournament.
    If you're going to try grammar, it's actually "Let's PROVE ourselves IN the tournament."

    Weak euros have nothing to prove, you are fangirling those mediocre players way too much. Prepare to be sorely disappointed by their performance and having to make excuses for them.

  2. #92
    New Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26
    Thanked
    0
    Thanks
    3
    I could ofcourse redirect you to video(s) of times where people were active and show who wins and who loses. But as said, then we're talking about fights that happenend years ago. As said before aswell I don't see any reason to continue any trolling without anything viable to be said.

  3. #93
    New Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thanked
    15
    Thanks
    13
    Originally Posted by kingofswords View Post
    I could ofcourse redirect you to video(s) of times where people were active and show who wins and who loses. But as said, then we're talking about fights that happenend years ago. As said before aswell I don't see any reason to continue any trolling without anything viable to be said.
    space between of and course, video(s) is not necessary just say videos, you should have "the" in between to and video, should be "as I said", as said... are you just trying to sound smart? because it didn't come out that way. happenend isn't a word, space between as and well.

    GG grammar lol. Look, videos of spars where some guy wins don't matter. Try tourny 2013 where distopiz (crawly) gets wrecked by randy hard (NA). Isn't that your favorite player? =(

    Randy isn't even in this bracket lol... not like we need him to beat eu lol.

  4. #94
    urdogisuglywtf

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    72
    Thanked
    30
    Thanks
    9
    lol wtf why not 15 rounds. 30 is a lot and what if we tie?

  5. #95
    Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Posts
    24,009
    Thanked
    115
    Thanks
    12,947
    Originally Posted by Noumi View Post
    lol wtf why not 15 rounds. 30 is a lot and what if we tie?
    Originally Posted by Adorable View Post
    rematch til theres a winner

    //3characters
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

  6. #96
    New Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9
    Thanked
    7
    Thanks
    3
    idk 15 rounds sounds like a better number, a lot of glad's play better in the earlier rounds than they do later, while others do well in the later rounds.
    in the case of a rematch, the number of rounds to be played would increase to a possible 59, excluding another draw.
    thats one helluva endurance match if you take into account the fact that rounds can go from anywhere to 30s (a quick stomp) to 2minutes (a even grind) in a serious fight
    these posts have evolved from a conversation between tourny competitors in a glad room recently
    the changes wouldnt be too hard to implement either theres plenty of time; consider it?
    and for the final, a set of 10/10/10 would be preferred also, cheers.
    dont get me wrong everyones grateful for the tourny/prize/chance to show their prowess we just wanna ensure it goes well for everyone

  7. The following user said thank you to Honma for this useful post:

    Noumi (04-10-2014)

  8. #97
    New Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thanked
    15
    Thanks
    13
    Originally Posted by Honma View Post
    idk 15 rounds sounds like a better number, a lot of glad's play better in the earlier rounds than they do later, while others do well in the later rounds.
    in the case of a rematch, the number of rounds to be played would increase to a possible 59, excluding another draw.
    thats one helluva endurance match if you take into account the fact that rounds can go from anywhere to 30s (a quick stomp) to 2minutes (a even grind) in a serious fight
    these posts have evolved from a conversation between tourny competitors in a glad room recently
    the changes wouldnt be too hard to implement either theres plenty of time; consider it?
    and for the final, a set of 10/10/10 would be preferred also, cheers.
    dont get me wrong everyones grateful for the tourny/prize/chance to show their prowess we just wanna ensure it goes well for everyone
    Lol, no, first of all glad 1v1 has always been 20 or 30, and it IS a test of endurance. If some weak kid gets lucky since some experienced player didn't yet know their style yet and gets 8 kills before the way stronger player in a 15 round match, that would be dumb. Example: you go against 150 ping AUS who knows how to abuse ping really well and you die a ton, they win early since you didn't even have time to accustom to their style.

    Side issue is that 15 matches make the tournament less competitive, than actually playing an opponent for a longer period of time.

    I recently played a 1v1 vs LuoHan where I had the upper hand for like the first 7 or 8 kills, and it was a complete smack, but he proved himself a better player in the endurance test once he realized how to combat my style. 15 rounds just doesn't tell the whole story, what matters is the person who can show they are better consistently, over time. What means more, some random kid that came out of nowhere and defeated a strong player in a public 3 or 4 times in a row, or the strong kid who has consistently proven himself to be strong in various public rooms over many kills... same principle applies.

    You are basically making an argument for "I'm inconsistent, please lower the amount of rounds so I have a higher chance of winning by luck"

    I do agree the final match is weird, 30/10/10? Should be best out of 3, 3 sets of 20. It makes no sense to change from 30/10/10, and say best out of 3, since the amount of rounds is weighed differently

  9. The following user said thank you to 99FX12 for this useful post:

    DDaggerDD (04-12-2014)

  10. #98
    Freestyler

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    733
    Thanked
    351
    Thanks
    157
    Originally Posted by 99FX12 View Post
    Lol, no, first of all glad 1v1 has always been 20 or 30, and it IS a test of endurance. If some weak kid gets lucky since some experienced player didn't yet know their style yet and gets 8 kills before the way stronger player in a 15 round match, that would be dumb. Example: you go against 150 ping AUS who knows how to abuse ping really well and you die a ton, they win early since you didn't even have time to accustom to their style.

    Side issue is that 15 matches make the tournament less competitive, than actually playing an opponent for a longer period of time.

    I recently played a 1v1 vs LuoHan where I had the upper hand for like the first 7 or 8 kills, and it was a complete smack, but he proved himself a better player in the endurance test once he realized how to combat my style. 15 rounds just doesn't tell the whole story, what matters is the person who can show they are better consistently, over time. What means more, some random kid that came out of nowhere and defeated a strong player in a public 3 or 4 times in a row, or the strong kid who has consistently proven himself to be strong in various public rooms over many kills... same principle applies.

    You are basically making an argument for "I'm inconsistent, please lower the amount of rounds so I have a higher chance of winning by luck"

    I do agree the final match is weird, 30/10/10? Should be best out of 3, 3 sets of 20. It makes no sense to change from 30/10/10, and say best out of 3, since the amount of rounds is weighed differently
    i like this guy. dunno why these ran----------- um, yea its always been 20-30 rounds.

  11. #99
    New Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26
    Thanked
    0
    Thanks
    3
    where did all my profesional posts go to fkers

  12. #100
    Adorable's Avatar ALaughIsASmileThatBursts

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,560
    Thanked
    505
    Thanks
    1,561
    All the posts have been reposted, so if you are having troubles finding your opponent, find them in here and PM them on the forums

    No more posts are permitted in this thread
    Smile, don't frown. Look up, don't look down. Believe in yourself, don't let yourself go. Just be who you are, and let your life flow.

    - Thanks Traumatis3r
    Ingame names:
    ^9Adorable^5 | ^EMirry^A | ^GTinkerer^E
    This is my SIG. Do you see my sig? If you do I hope you don't steal it because if you do, you'll get a big fat kick in the butt.
    Don't cry because it's over, SMILE because it happened.
    R.I.P. Brandon Michael Fritz
    5/14/1996-3/25/2012


    Spoiler!


Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)