Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Fair enough. I will agree to disagree, I personally wouldn't have locked that thread. The list is there for a reason, has been there since the beginning of that forum section and since that specific user has been on this forum. If he wouldn't like to poked at like that he could've gotten himself in that list. There are 2 sides to this argument, both not wrong or right.

But if you look at the thread, the way it's locked, all it says is "Closed". If only there would be given that statement you gave above, then that specific thread wouldn't have been brought into this discussion in the first place. And to add a little more to that subject, if you would take that situation and translate it to something in real life, where we have citizens and law enforcers. If the law enforcers stops a citizen from doing something, without giving reason, what would we call that? I would call that dictating, not democracy. Even if that law enforcer has a good reason to prevent the citizen from doing what it was doing, without giving the reason why that citizen should stop and just using his position to make it stop, thats pure dictatorship.

I don't think we wan't a pure democracy nor a dictatorship on this forum, some balance in between. And to reach everyones maximum satisfaction, listening to the community is actually a very important thing. So please, think back at all the threads that have been made, from back when this forum was just created to this very discussion, chatbox and skype discussions with all sorts of people, and do something with it. Don't go on the full defense in these debates, come to an agreement and don't let it get so out of hand like it is now.
    Sure, I can bring that point to the attention of other forum mods. We will try to provide more reasoning when closing a thread in the comments provided.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-28-2014), Rash (05-28-2014), slugheady (05-28-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    Which is exactly why im glad you arent an fmod.

If the user wants to be placed on the do not talk about list, he has no way of notifying me. This is a good enough reason for me to keep that thread closed. If the user was not banned, or did not presently have a forum account it would be reopened.
    he could make an acc and notify you?

Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post

Note**: The amount of lock'd threads has went down significantly since this thread was started, I would say that it was successful. To keep bringing up our past actions is silly, we are moderating in a way the community wishes us to, this thread was simply an exception, and as I have pointed out, had a reason to be closed.
    There is a difference since this thread. Also, why not put banned guys immediately on the list? Or ask them if they want to be on or not, when banning them? And past thread? How old is this thread we're talking about and when was it closed?

edit: Yea, just saying "closed" is stupid and troll like to me. Your argument wucas, that mike is banned and couldnt get on the list doesnt seem calid to me if he could have gotten on the list. I would say to keep that thread open and pretty sure those peopled banned during that discussion have learned to not go oferboard again. Should make it very clear that forum rules still apply.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 05-28-2014 at 08:47 PM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I do not really see why he made a thread with 5 spoilers and some random paint image...
    But hey, if you really want all the bullshit thread to be open'd I am happy to do that, let's create chaotic bullshit <3.

5. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-29-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    idk about you guys, but the amount of troll spam in threads went down substantially ever since staff actually not let threads get de railed or just punish everyone by always locking and letting the same people off every. single. time.

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    idk about you guys, but the amount of troll spam in threads went down substantially ever since staff actually not let threads get de railed or just punish everyone by always locking and letting the same people off every. single. time.
    That's because those kids don't get fed with rewards for their trolling, a closed thread is all they want anyway.
    When they notice threads aren't getting closed then theres no point in trolling with bullshit comments.

But ehh... that's what u meant, not sure why I'm writing this out, lol.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

Rime's Avatar haha u lil dic nigga

Thanks
    Thats a good thing.

Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely &lt;/3

Thanks
    thats why the forums are boring and dead '-'

10. The following 2 users say thank you to Steff for this useful post:

Kira (05-30-2014), U_Eat_PoOp (06-05-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Steff View Post
    thats why the forums are boring and dead '-'
    i disagree.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information