Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thanks
    Why even moderate anything at all? I think everyone should be free to cuss, ego, however much they want... what does "punishing" people really do? It is a forum, it's not like you are letting rapists on the loose.

This is not even an exaggeration but over 70% of forum replies are to provoke some anger in a "try and ban me for THIS" kind of way. a LITTLE taunt, but the intentions are clear, if the person replies just SLIGHTLY more hatefully (they were provoked) then they get infracted. it's all a mind game, most people in the end just love trolling and that's what it ends at... why try to hide it then? if that is what everyone is striding towards anyway

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by 99FX12 View Post
    Why even moderate anything at all? I think everyone should be free to cuss, ego, however much they want... what does "punishing" people really do? It is a forum, it's not like you are letting rapists on the loose.

This is not even an exaggeration but over 70% of forum replies are to provoke some anger in a "try and ban me for THIS" kind of way. a LITTLE taunt, but the intentions are clear, if the person replies just SLIGHTLY more hatefully (they were provoked) then they get infracted. it's all a mind game, most people in the end just love trolling and that's what it ends at... why try to hide it then? if that is what everyone is striding towards anyway
    Over 80% of the people on this forum feel that we need to be more strict on this forum due to what you have just mentioned.

See I can make up statistics too.

Freestylers World should be a safe place for people of any age to discuss and chat with people, if we allow users to go rampant and do whatever they want, it no longer is acceptable for the younger audience to view.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 05-05-2014 at 12:57 AM.

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-05-2014), Mike (05-05-2014)

Banned

Thanks
    this forum is already pretty damn strict..

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by mr guy View Post
    this forum is already pretty damn strict..
    It was sarcasm.

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Yeah, I think you're becoming too much of a cry baby. Try and bring some positive things to the forum as well, not just complaining in this sense.

I do agree with you, and this discussion has been held plenty of times before. Getting the thread locked is never the fault of the community, I feel like some specific users ruin threads for the majority with toxic, spam and hateful replies towards others. The action being taken quite often is locking the thread, Stephan is saying he rather locks a thread then to remove 95% of the spam in it.

Let me try and explain it on a situational matter. If we go back in time, say 3 years, we didn't behave the same way we do now. I believe we had a lot more respect for one another then we have right now, and even if we didn't we were never able to express ourselves the way we can right now. We don't need to go back in time to get that back, we could however use some disciplinary action taken instead of the 'preventing' (easy) lock. Right now things can go like this:

Thread gets created --> Someone gives a hateful reply --> hateful replies stack --> lock

Current (Just took the liberty of taking Mike for an example since we all know he's such a fairy like person and will forgive me):
    DDaggerDD makes this thread --> Miko pls goes hateful --> No action gets taken --> Miko doesn't change his behavior

What could/should be:
    DDagger makes this thread --> Miko pls goes hateful --> Remove post, warn user --> Miko 'should learn' and won't do this again soon

= More peace + cleaner thread + more respect = win.

To get to that point, mods need to stop closing thread but punish those who aren't behaving. Not infracting but personally take care of it. And the mods need to be on the same line, without just sticking to rules because rules don't cover all sorts of situations. Therefor, a 'head mod' has to come back to guide the mods in the right direction (Dave can't do 'everything' and shouldn't have to).
    ^ ye

( also, wut, im not jus complaining, tryna move into directions that lead to the best possible positive outcomes i can think of)

Internet. Since internet = people can get away with talking shit. Hence google forcing people to have some sort of identity with comments on youtube by fusing stuff with google plus. (was super lame at first... still is in some ways, but google, ya know).
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 05-05-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    Over 80% of the people on this forum feel that we need to be more strict on this forum due to what you have just mentioned.

See I can make up statistics too.

Freestylers World should be a safe place for people of any age to discuss and chat with people, if we allow users to go rampant and do whatever they want, it no longer is acceptable for the younger audience to view.
    true totally neglected the kids when i wrote the post at first. still doesnt change the fact that most people try to get a reaction and make others rage when they post
    Last edited by 99FX12; 05-05-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Freestyler

Thanks
    true totally neglected the kids when i wrote the post at first. still doesnt change the fact that most people try to get a reaction and make others rage when they post
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Let me try and explain it on a situational matter. If we go back in time, say 3 years, we didn't behave the same way we do now. I believe we had a lot more respect for one another then we have right now, and even if we didn't we were never able to express ourselves the way we can right now. We don't need to go back in time to get that back, we could however use some disciplinary action taken instead of the 'preventing' (easy) lock. Right now things can go like this:

Thread gets created --> Someone gives a hateful reply --> hateful replies stack --> lock

Current (Just took the liberty of taking Mike for an example since we all know he's such a fairy like person and will forgive me):
    DDaggerDD makes this thread --> Miko pls goes hateful --> No action gets taken --> Miko doesn't change his behavior

What could/should be:
    DDagger makes this thread --> Miko pls goes hateful --> Remove post, warn user --> Miko 'should learn' and won't do this again soon

= More peace + cleaner thread + more respect = win.

To get to that point, mods need to stop closing thread but punish those who aren't behaving. Not infracting but personally take care of it. And the mods need to be on the same line, without just sticking to rules because rules don't cover all sorts of situations. Therefor, a 'head mod' has to come back to guide the mods in the right direction (Dave can't do 'everything' and shouldn't have to).
    basically this reply.

Banned

Thanks
    lol how were people more respectful back then?
    anyone remotely oldgen is banned on forums lmao

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by AaLian View Post
    lol how were people more respectful back then?
    anyone remotely oldgen is banned on forums lmao
    just........... all wrong

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by KoVuMASA View Post
    just........... all wrong
    *****, ur not oldgen, part of being oldgen is that youre good

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information