Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Bulba's Avatar The Original Pokemon

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    I've had this opinion for a while now and it is also one of the reasons I went in active on this thread for a while. Staff members closing threads merely because they don't agree or because discussions are "hard to handle". If a staff memeber doesn't agree with me, then you don't agree, but to close a thread because you have a different view? Really? I've see other forum mods in other games not agree with players as well but to close a thread of an opinion that hasn't bee off topic, de railing, or spam? Really?

I've seen comments get removed where people say something simple like " i agree man" and then get removed for "unnecessary comment" because the comment didnt directly reply to a thread's actual topic? Guys, you must have seen stuff like that as well. Seriously staff, let people talk, stop trying to control so much. Ill call power abuse for my previous thread just now because in no way has t broken any rules and it was closed only on one terms of agreement, that forum mods can close a thread if feel it should be without telling why.

Threads with heated discussions can lead to positive outcomes that you could not get anywhere else. I know of forums that try to control discussions rathe than close them and end up with amazing results towards there game. If you dont agree with me, fine, but why close my thread? Why close or delete peoples opnions that had not broken any rules and is only justified by the terms of agreement that a mod doesnt have to explain themselves and can close something regardless of not breaking a rule.

I've seen forums that have such good monitoring to the point where the forum users are induced to not troll, not go off topic in a "Discussions" not just a thread. Forums where players just dont purposely go off topc and start an argument with specific players in a thread because they know gow well threads are monitored and their simple corner fights with another user would just get deleted. If I were a forum mod, I would aim to have a forum like that instead of just silencin players' opinions.

Let them talk.
    You may be right? But this is Freestyle Gunz Forum. Whether you like it or not? It is their server. If you don't like it, make your own forum and be the judge of that. Life is hard and everything doesn't go with the way you want it to. I want to be CEO of Samsung? But it won't happen. Maybe if I start my own company and be the CEO of that? You get what I'm saying?

Amzz's Avatar 7 ~ 15

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bulba View Post
    You may be right? But this is Freestyle Gunz Forum. Whether you like it or not? It is their server. If you don't like it, make your own forum and be the judge of that. Life is hard and everything doesn't go with the way you want it to. I want to be CEO of Samsung? But it won't happen. Maybe if I start my own company and be the CEO of that? You get what I'm saying?
    Hey are you QueenBulba by any chance.
    OT: Someone posted this already however I forget who it was they said that we should have control over our own thread to remove posts but the staff could still see them. That could be a great idea. The forum mods can take care of the bigger things while we take care of our own threads if we think something is unnecessary we can remove it.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amzz View Post
    Hey are you QueenBulba by any chance.
    OT: Someone posted this already however I forget who it was they said that we should have control over our own thread to remove posts but the staff could still see them. That could be a great idea. The forum mods can take care of the bigger things while we take care of our own threads if we think something is unnecessary we can remove it.
    Bad idea, players can then just delete posts of people they don't like.
    Also not possible in vBulletin by default.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-11-2014), Vickachu (05-17-2014)

Azuki's Avatar Dazed

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Bad idea, players can then just delete posts of people they don't like.
    OT : Really ? how to delete? ;_; I've never saw the delete function though. I can't locate it.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by sakaiyuji7 View Post
    OT : Really ? how to delete? ;_; I've never saw the delete function though. I can't locate it.
    Not sure what you are talking about, we're talking about the idea and not that it exists already.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bulba View Post
    man your way off. All I have done is point out an issue, a conflict, if the staff agree there is a conflict there, which some have already, then okay, that's step one. Two, if they want to do something about it to better the forums, that is up to them. This reply of yours, is irrelevant since there is an issue, and my threads point out these things. This thread specifically is not saying the forums are run terribly, but just saying, it can be better, simple as that. No need to talk about me personally, just about the actual topic.

Freestyler

Thanks
    I would say successful thread is successful.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I also find it very strange that staff can just laugh that some person got banned (unfairly). And they find it strange that the user will get mad? Lawl I say stop unbanning unlegits and stop banning legit people..

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    There is always room for improvement! I'm very late with noticing this post and I've actually only read like half of this thread because it stopped going somewhere.

Calling DDaggerDD a attention whore for starting a discussion like this seems pretty unlegit. Its like some of you are ignoring that things could be better.

However, we are all humans, and people cant always agree with eachother, But for you who thinks DDaggerDD is just a pain in the ass, should atleast try respect his view, thought and that he overall is just trying to make this one better place, before you judge him and throw him down the pit.

And I'm saying this so that you might think first before closing\deleting thread\comment instead of just acting on your personal thoughts\feelings WHEN someone starts a new thread, perhaps similiar to this one.
    Last edited by Linzor; 05-21-2014 at 07:01 AM.

11. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-27-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    There is always room for improvement! I'm very late with noticing this post and I've actually only read like half of this thread because it stopped going somewhere.

Calling DDaggerDD a attention whore for starting a discussion like this seems pretty unlegit. Its like some of you are ignoring that things could be better.

However, we are all humans, and people cant always agree with eachother, But for you who thinks DDaggerDD is just a pain in the ass, should atleast try respect his view, thought and that he overall is just trying to make this one better place, before you judge him and throw him down the pit.

And I'm saying this so that you might think first before closing\deleting thread\comment instead of just acting on your personal thoughts\feelings WHEN someone starts a new thread, perhaps similiar to this one.
    Oh, just saw this reply, thanks man. Yea some strong points for the argument has been said here and not any strong points against it, if any, on the topic of closing threads (because 'can't be bothered to manage them' or 'don't give a shit to be strict'). If I can recall, the points said against y argument were mainly just dorected to me personally, lol.

13. The following user said thank you to DDaggerDD for this useful post:

Linzor (05-28-2014)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information